• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

kirblar

Sup guys, after playing overwatch for like a year i wanted to try something else, so now im playing heroes of the storm, level 5 already i think.

1 thing tou, I've only seen the crow map, whats up with that? Are the other maps level restricted or something??
Game has too many maps in rotation right now, newbies get the one most similar to other MOBAs to wean in on.

Celegus

Dang, game is down. I still need 20 levels to hit 500 before 2.0 but I don't think that's gonna happen. Going away on Saturday the 22nd and won't be back before the update.

scoobs

Damn, insane day for HGC. Great series and winning with Stitches on Spider Queen... I like it!

Also production getting even better, they're doing a top 5 plays thing between matches, and it's super well edited and highlights exactly what abilities they used that made the play possible... very cool

Apathy

so when 2.0 comes around, what is going to matter most when it comes to converting levels to the new system? player levels or character levels of both?

scoobs

Team8 looking extremely rusty. To be fair they've played the two best teams in NA back to back, but boy do they look bad.

Maledict

We know the overwatch map - its a form of the payload map apparently. new heroe will either be Genji, ot the other mysterious hero we don't really know anything about (A Korean said it was female, and I think the gender of the french translation of the announcement had it as female as well).

Re. HGC, amazing games in Europe last night. Flying Duck's showed up and came soooo close to beating Team Liquid, and Expert likewise with Dignitas. I know it' sounds mean, but I honestly think Expert and Ducks would have a good chance of being the top team in NA if they were playing in that region.

Team 8 apparently haven't practised at all for this - and it shows. Glaurong went on a 2 week holiday during the break, and the meta has shifted over that time.

I will say though that I think that yet again NA is behind the curve on drafting. Watching how EU teams ban Lucio constantly, and yet NA lets him through to late picks tells me that someone has missed something in NA.

Maledict

Sorry for the double post, but I will say I think the casting in both EU and NA is really developing well. Dread and Gilly are just wonderful to watch together, and Khaldor and Trik works with Khaldor's huge knowledge of the game as well balancing out Triks enthusiasm and niceness.

Alavard

We know the overwatch map - its a form of the payload map apparently. new heroe will either be Genji, ot the other mysterious hero we don't really know anything about (A Korean said it was female, and I think the gender of the french translation of the announcement had it as female as well).

I would be incredibly surprised if this hero wasn't Genji. As for the next one, that's supposed to be female, I'm hoping for D.Va. I think she's the only female hero we've known for sure is in development.

Altho, with all the support characters we're supposed to be getting this year, and since we're already into April/May territory with only one support so far this year, I figure more supports have to be coming soon. But I'm also guessing the next support we get is Anduin Wrynn.

Alavard

I'm so hyped for the new map, not really that interested in playing Genji honestly

Yeah, I don't play harassment heroes (Tracer, stealthies), so I'm not looking to play him either, but I am interested to see what his unique mechanics will be (esp the deflection).

Alur

Hopefully the map is fun, at least. Would be nice to see it at least be more like Braxis and less like Warhead (ie: actually enjoyed and adopted quickly by most including pros). Really curious how they'll shoehorn the payload mechanic in.

Alur

Three pretty cool new skins coming with it: https://dvsgaming.org/new-skins-for-hanamura-auriel-zarya-and-genji-heroes-of-the-storm/

Nubkeks YouTube preview of Genji: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP_OmNuIPTQ

GlvomXv.png

Omnic Auriel gimme dattttttttt

Hanamura Zarya

Oni Genji

scoobs

Map seems insane, the way they changed how the merc camps work and the crazy new boss mechanics... so dank.

Genji appears to be exactly as annoying as I imagined.

Also Mewn just said the map and Genji arrive .... today

Alur

Finally found Blizzard's Hanamura preview/overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq5-18Vt-c0

This map looks mighty complicated compared to usual for Blizzard. Specifically in how several of these camps drop things that have optimal use times...you know idiots are just gonna pick these up and not even know they have them, or just blow them immediately.

Alavard

I'm surprised the core health is so low on Hanamura. It seems right if the payloads always dealt one damage, but their damage increases with each fort/keep destroyed. Then you have the sappers that spawn instead of catapults. And on top of that the boss deals another one damage to the core.

Maledict

I'm surprised the core health is so low on Hanamura. It seems right if the payloads always dealt one damage, but their damage increases with each fort/keep destroyed. Then you have the sappers that spawn instead of catapults. And on top of that the boss deals another one damage to the core.

According to Oddish taking keeps never happened in any of the games they played at the summit. Because the payloads are constantly spawning, it requires a huge effort to push down a lane like that. I suspect the sappers as catapults thing is only there to end a game that is utterly, ridiculously one sided.

Ketch

Tried to watch kendric swish's genji videos but that guy is so annoying and he sucks so no thanks.

Genji looks like he's got very bad wave clear. And no sustain talanets. Seems like he'll be very high skill floor, which is nice, but be prepared for your genji being trash while their genji is godlike.

Are there patch notes anywhere?

Also, the map looks cool. Not sure how I feel about another two laner though.

Maybe another really good rexxar map

Maledict

Patch isn't live yet - and it's likely that we'll have a balance patch this week that won't be on the PTR.

I think Genji isn't going to be that strong based on what the streams were showing. INcredibly mobile, but hugely capable of feeding. Like an Illidan without the self sustain...

Alur

We'll see. If he's not strong I have a feeling he'll be made that way quickly. This is the kind of hero that ticketsellers would say puts butts in seats.

Watching Mewn's gameplay of him, he said he has quite a bit of HP. I didn't see the numbers though.

Ketch

Yea I only saw the kendric video and that's maybe not the best example.

I'm just going off the poor wave clear, mediocre ranged damage, and lack of self sustain. I mean, he definitely looks like a roamer, but he doesn't look like he'd be able to merc well either, so where does that put him? Nova tier? With resets? Maybe he's better in lane then he looks though.

It's really hard to tell just from these kendric videos

Maledict

I was watching Oddish, who is a GM player, and she was saying that she really didn't feel like he was OP at all. A lot of fun with all the manouverability, but not OP.

He doesn't have great lane clear, he doesn't have any sustain, his auto attack damage isn't great - his strength seems to be his unprecedented ability to get through a team to the backline and then get out. Feels a bit like a Li-Ming, but without the poke and with much more speed / agility.

Alur

2.0 beta just patched. You might be able to play right now.

EDIT: Nope, still down for maintenance. No notes yet on my launcher either.

Yea I only saw the kendric video and that's maybe not the best example.

I'm just going off the poor wave clear, mediocre ranged damage, and lack of self sustain. I mean, he definitely looks like a roamer, but he doesn't look like he'd be able to merc well either, so where does that put him? Nova tier? With resets? Maybe he's better in lane then he looks though.

It's really hard to tell just from these kendric videos

What makes you think he has no wave clear? I never saw him in lane to know, personally. The gameplay video with Mewn they basically team fought the whole game. His AA is range and his Q has 3 charges. I would assume that plus his dash would clear it, but I honestly don't know. Since Q doesn't pierce maybe not.

Not sure he needs wave clear with his kit and purpose, though, as that would be incredibly toxic if he was actually strong at those things too.

brian!

Hows the dmg on his e i feel like that's the most important thing. If it's calamity lvl he should be pretty good, i cant believe he has two mob skills and an invul

Ketch

2.0 beta just patched. You might be able to play right now.

EDIT: Nope, still down for maintenance. No notes yet on my launcher either.

What makes you think he has no wave clear? I never saw him in lane to know, personally. The gameplay video with Mewn they basically team fought the whole game. His AA is range and his Q has 3 charges. I would assume that plus his dash would clear it, but I honestly don't know. Since Q doesn't pierce maybe not.

Not sure he needs wave clear with his kit and purpose, though, as that would be incredibly toxic if he was actually strong at those things too.

The kendric video looks like his auto is like 3 shurikens (MB1 from OW) really fast and then a pause, and it took like three of those volleys to kill one minion... so then you got his Q or his dash for wave clear, both don't look great for pve.

Basically his autos look slow and weak, his Q doesn't pierce and his dash is a waste plus puts you out of position and it's your only escape? I guess D can be an escape.

I also agree that he probably doesn't need wave clear, but there's not a lot of assassins without pve that are actually good.... li Ming? But her pve is actually good. Chromic? But she's actually not a good assassin. Tracer, but tracers routinely break 300k siege damage so I don't know.

brian!

The playstyle he has is basically ow genji, blizz looks 3/3 in terms of translating ow stuff to hots.

Man he looks fun, wish you could get him w/ gold this week

Itd be cool if he wasnt all spell dmg though

Ketch

The playstyle he has is basically ow genji, blizz looks 3/3 in terms of translating ow stuff to hots

I agree, but I'm just not sure how good that is in hots. Like that's a small aspect, and other heroes who fit similar niches havent been very good in the past.

brian!

Eh it's pretty much less burst greymane/zera hybrid if im reading it correctly, except more equipped baseline to bait cds out. Gotta see where his mobility is at in practice too

Alavard

Top Bottom