• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

jetsetrez

The nerfs seemed pretty rough given her popularity and lack of use in the pro scene, hard to understand what they were thinking there. I guess she just smashes people in low level play? In any case, it's early but she's now in the bottom 5 win rates in the entire game, GJ Blizzo
I mean, quick match is quick match, but it's at high platinum/low diamond MMR. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Dahbomb

The nerfs seemed pretty rough given her popularity and lack of use in the pro scene, hard to understand what they were thinking there. I guess she just smashes people in low level play? In any case, it's early but she's now in the bottom 5 win rates in the entire game, GJ Blizzo
Yup Dva never seemed over powered to me but I can see why they nerfed her. She is a scrub killer. People don't know when to try to kill her and when to ignore her.

I played her a couple of times and her weaknesses were super apparent. The best thing about her is the Q, everything else is meh.

brian!

I feel like she's pretty strong, all of her moves feel really strong and shes probably the best zoner in the game?

The q talent nerf makes it so she cant clear instantly which is def a hit tho

My first experience with dva q was when i was trying out cassia in qm. I couldnt get a single game with an autoattacker, then i queue into a dva and im like hey at least she autos a lot. She qs into me and it chunks me for like a 5th of my health lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Upcoming Hero Sales
Medivh — Sale Price: 375 Gems
Ragnaros — Sale Price: 375 Gems

at least it's newer heroes next week

Dahbomb

Yeah the mages are being held down by Genji/Anubarak more than anything. Kaelthas is still really solid but no way am I picking him into a Genji/Anubarak.

Even before Genji and Anub Jaina was basically only seen in Zera/Stitches blow up comps.

edit: seriously wtf is with cocoons range. Cattle just cocooned k1 next to their keep from behind the wall.

Milly79

Never in my life... Jesus.

VGo6QQ6.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So Stukov ptr next week and release on the 11th/12th I assume?

Alur

Tempo stays dominating NA. plz lern 2 int'l

EDIT: damn, not sure if that was a god tier comeback or a dumpster tier throw, also major lulz at the Udall hate. He's the new Zuna I guess?

Tempo stays dominating NA. plz lern 2 int'l

EDIT: damn, not sure if that was a god tier comeback or a dumpster tier throw, also major lulz at the Udall hate. He's the new Zuna I guess?
GFE hasn't been an international team for about a year.
Surprisingly Udall's genji was better than fan's at times.

NA is currently playing for the king of throws title.

Kioshen

I haven't been a fan of Udall ever since the incident with heroes of the dorm. He hasn't done much to change my opinion since then.

Zackat

NVT whooped em

edit: I have come to really like the sprays in this game. Way more than in OW. In OW I forget I even have them, but in this game I hit that button when I escape/kill/taunt people.

brian!

really should pick force wall against stitches
tho i guess if you want to play for 20 team fight spike it's not bad, this map goes on forever sometimes

Alur

Glau with the Hail to the Thief poster in the background.

Pretty amazing GFE has been so spotty yet are first. I'm not sure if this bodes well for their future or means they are gonna get dumpstered by Even In Death or someone like that in a week or two.

Rhaknar

Yeah. Malthael is a 4-week patch cycle so hopefully Stukov's only 3.

do you mean the time between Malth and Stukov would be 4 weeks, so hopefully between Stukov and the next would be 3?

Blues1990

Even though I play the Overwatch heroes almost 90%$ of the time, I'm starting to branch out and try some of the other heroes.

Starting with the Diablo crew first.

jetsetrez

GFE has gotten really, really lucky. Both of their wins against Roll 20 and Tempo were much more the other teams throwing than GFE outplaying, imo. I mean I just expect it from Tempo now (seriously, they were even ahead in the first half of a lot of their games vs international teams at the brawl but threw every time), but both they and especially R20 generally play much better. I really don't think Caff is very good, and Udall shot calling and playmaking are often really bad.

Alur

It's always a fine line between what is a throw and what is a team hitting the narrow window to come back. I think in general with HOTS we blame it on the throw a little too often.

Game 3 was definitely a hardcore throw, but Tempo also lost two more games after that whether you want to classify them as throws or whatever. At some point I feel you really do have to question if they are actually better than the rest of NA when they fall into this trap continually of being so timid and safe. It seems to me the main reason they typically dominate NA and fail on the international stage is the very thing Dread harped on during the MSB - they are just completely risk averse. In NA, their two main competitors are very aggressive but not quite as competent as Korean or EU teams, so more often than not they can take advantage of that. If the teams become more competent (Roll20) or the luck starts to go the other way (GFE) then it falls apart for them because there's no killer instinct.

With all that said, I do think GFE is in a shaky situation despite beating their main two rivals in consecutive weeks. I haven't been sold on Caff for a solid year now, and the team still feels like it's a bunch of good musicians that occasionally make a hit together instead of an actual band. With how cohesive Tempo is and the ironclad grip Glau has on R20, it's gotta be a concern but I feel like on a team with Fan it will always be a concern.

He's my favorite player, but he's not quite vocal enough to be a legit shotcaller...but good enough and opinionated enough to have to have input. Then add in Caff (or Equinox before him) and you've got 2 or 3 cooks in the kitchen making one meal every weekend. To me it helps explain how Jekyll and Hyde they are.

FinKL

Does anyone have that clip yesterday that was Grimmjaws Diablo that 1v5 the enemy team at level 20?

I saw it on reddit, but cant seem to find it now, wondering if any1 else saved it or know the name

Alur

I'm no fan of Tempo but that characterisation is a bit unfair since they also dominated by straight up out playing their competition.

I am a fan of psalm though.

The Tempo method:

Play the map, get a lead. Use lead to win a fight or two mid game. Dance around late game til enemy fucks up with bad decision making or too much aggression. Rinse, repeat.

I guess under the broad definition of "outplayed" then yes, these teams are getting outplayed for most of each game, but they still need to find that gear to finish games and not just let games expire like they prefer to do. They are basically just following the Cloud 9 playbook from the first year of competitive HOTS except there's no vintage Tempo Storm around to take advantage of their risk aversion late game.

I'm fine with them being the alpha dogs of NA HOTS if that's how it keeps playing out. They've had this issue for a bit, though, and the roster hasn't changed any...so I don't get why they haven't made any visible improvements in this regard. They know their weak spot, their opponents know it, and everyone watching knows it.

Maledict

They also rely on understanding their opponent teams and taking advantage of that. It works in NA but they just can't rely on that internationally, and they just seem to fall apart.

That 40-0 game on Towers of Doom versus Fnatic still makes me laugh...

The Tempo method:

Play the map, get a lead. Use lead to win a fight or two mid game. Dance around late game til enemy fucks up with bad decision making or too much aggression. Rinse, repeat.

I guess under the broad definition of "outplayed" then yes, these teams are getting outplayed for most of each game, but they still need to find that gear to finish games and not just let games expire like they prefer to do. They are basically just following the Cloud 9 playbook from the first year of competitive HOTS except there's no vintage Tempo Storm around to take advantage of their risk aversion late game.

I'm fine with them being the alpha dogs of NA HOTS if that's how it keeps playing out. They've had this issue for a bit, though, and the roster hasn't changed any...so I don't get why they haven't made any visible improvements in this regard. They know their weak spot, their opponents know it, and everyone watching knows it.
By outplaying I mean destroying them throughout the whole game. What you're saying and Dread brings up repeatedly is true, they are timid and reactionary all too often.
Macroing maps is much more R20's style than Tempo's though.

When I say outplayed I mean it quite literally. Take when Psalm took a fancy on Valeera and went on to destroy teams with her.

That they seem content with being Kings of NA is the actual bothersome part.

Tangent but Caffeine yesterday looked either like a god or complete trash sometimes within the same game. In the last natch in particular his stitches was amazing until somewhere like 2/3rds of the game and he never hit a hook again or lived for more than 5 seconds in a fight.

scoobs

Been playing some butcher lately and it's amazing how good he is in QMs. Nobody really knows how to deal with him and it's super fun

Top Bottom