• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

DTC

Man, I do not like that they added all the maps to Quick Match. Blackhearts bay is just genuinely an unfun experience everytime I play it. I can't stand that map. I've played it about 80 times total (played since alpha) and have had maybe 2 or 3 good games on it. I'll take 100 Hanamuras over BHB.

Fancolors

Wonder if they are going to make a cross-promotion stunt with SC1 remastered. Apparently that game will also have some custom cosmetics.

Sounds like a good idea for another 15 matches with friends deal.

kirblar

Wonder if they are going to make a cross-promotion stunt with SC1 remastered. Apparently that game will also have some custom cosmetics.

Sounds like a good idea for another 15 matches with friends deal.
Stukov getting announced a day beforehand probably isn't' an accident.

Syf

Banned
People are getting the Stukov co-op commander and 3 portraits for free in SC2 for buying the remaster. Wasn't listed anywhere. Maybe there will be something in HotS too when the Stukov patch goes out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
free Stukov for buying the remaster prob

edit: wait the remaster is only $15? nvm then

Syf

Banned
This might be it.

xSbRfcK.png

Those are the 3 portraits and Stukov I got tonight in SC2 on the bottom left. So maybe Kerrigan, Raynor, and Tassadar in HotS? Would they do that? They are pretty old heroes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp that sure is useless for me, but a nice push for non-HotS players to try it I guess.

This might be it.

xSbRfcK.png

Those are the 3 portraits and Stukov I got tonight in SC2 on the bottom left. So maybe Kerrigan, Raynor, and Tassadar in HotS? Would they do that? They are pretty old heroes.

Thats the idea. Would be nuts to give Stukov for free at that price

scoobs

lol, just quick match things, but Dva still seems pretty good to me. *winky face*
The nerfs seemed pretty rough given her popularity and lack of use in the pro scene, hard to understand what they were thinking there. I guess she just smashes people in low level play? In any case, it's early but she's now in the bottom 5 win rates in the entire game, GJ Blizzo

Maledict

The nerfs seemed pretty rough given her popularity and lack of use in the pro scene, hard to understand what they were thinking there. I guess she just smashes people in low level play? In any case, it's early but she's now in the bottom 5 win rates in the entire game, GJ Blizzo

She wasn't used in the pro scene because unless a hero is wildly OP it always takes them a while to adjust drafts and strats. Fairly sure Bakery said she was extremely strong on the last THH.

Peronsally i *loathe* her design and would be happy if she was completely unplayable in every form so looks good to me! ;-)

Blues1990

Surprised Leah hasn't been added to the game yet, as Diablo has some poke lines with her.

I am curious with who will be the next Overwatch hero to be added.

scoobs

Surprised Leah hasn't been added to the game yet, as Diablo has some poke lines with her.

I am curious with who will be the next Overwatch hero to be added.
Leah is kind of an uninteresting hero concept though, and given Diablo has the female "Leah" skin now it doesn't make a lot of sense to make her a separate hero.

Blues1990

Leah is kind of an uninteresting hero concept though, and given Diablo has the female "Leah" skin now it doesn't make a lot of sense to make her a separate hero.

True, but the character interaction would've been fun to listen to. That, and I want more Diablo characters be added to the game.

Kioshen

Anyone know whether it's current malth or previous malth in today's matches

Apparently it's launch Malth patch.

True, but the character interaction would've been fun to listen to. That, and I want more Diablo characters be added to the game.

Considering there's only one prime evil in the game, pretty sure there's more flashier entries that could be introduced than a soul vessel. Let alone witty banter they could give between say Diablo and Baal.

====

This is probably interesting only to me but Team Liquid replaced their former coach Jowe by Zoos. Wonder if Dignitas found a replacement for DunkTrain yet.

Blues1990

Considering there's only one prime evil in the game, pretty sure there's more flashier entries that could be introduced than a soul vessel. Let alone witty banter they could give between say Diablo and Baal.

Yeah, and there are those who want Cain to be a playable character, so I guess it's best to not have a waste of space.

Now that I think of it, will the other lesser & prime evils be added to the game?

Blues1990

It would be a massive waste not to add the diablo baddies. More monsters please

Definitely, along with a Male Scorcer, Rouge, & Warrior skins so we can have the three original classes from Diablo 1 to the game. (Let's be real, do we need character slots for those classes?)

I would love to play as Mephisto, without a doubt.

scoobs

Thought Liquid might take game 1 but what do you know, Genji still mega super busted. I can't believe dragonblade wasn't nerfed

Ketch

I feel like they really need a better visual indicator for armor.

Like when people can just get 50% + damage reduction and it's really not easy to tell why they don't fucking die it becomes worse then full healing someone because at least then you can see the health bar.

They need to highlight the health bar with armor effects like they do for medivhs shields. Or bring back the big floating shield icons above peoples heads. Or something.

I really like the idea of armor as a separate effect/stat, but the execution is still pretty bad. Like it's been a long as time since it was added in a big way, and it's still basically invisible unless you really know what you're looking for.

Like it's really hard to play around people having short windows of massive damage reduction if you can't see the windows.

Like Put a thick blue outline around an enemies health bar when they have spell armor.

kirblar

The D3 Diablo skin has a Leah line.

There's just so many other characters (Adria, Druid, Deckard Cain, Sorcerer/ess, Zoltan Kulle, Mephisto, Baal, Duriel, Andariel, Aiden, etc.) that you just wouldn't want to waste a spot on her.

Ketch

The D3 Diablo skin has a Leah line.

There's just so many other characters (Adria, Druid, Deckard Cain, Sorcerer/ess, Zoltan Kulle, Mephisto, Baal, Duriel, Andariel, Aiden, etc.) that you just wouldn't want to waste a spot on her.

The butterfly chick from act 2 can literally just be death prophet already.

brian!

Im a broken record but imo the only thing that can justify phys/mag resis in this game is a reworking of spells into phys/mag properties

Top Bottom