• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the lvl 20 Ana talent for increased attack speed is so fucking silly, people do NOT expect the dmg to ramp up so fast

DLtWz9dVAAAX2yF.jpg:large

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Rhaknar

Overdose (Passive)
Adjusted functionality:
No longer applies to Biotic Grenade
Sleep Dart now applies 3 Doses to targets hit

:(

also a small nerf to Stukov's heal. Double :(

Prelude.

Superstition (Passive)
New functionality:
-Gain 40 Spell Armor, taking 40% less damage from Abilities. Basic Attacks from enemy Heroes remove this bonus for 3 seconds

So superstition is kinda unpickable now?

Prelude.

You just need to attack him once, or just watch if someone else does it, before using a spell on him and superstition does nothing.

brian!

Actually it got the +dmg from phys attacks taken out right? So it's basically an anti-poke tool now. Seems really niche and 3 seconds is forever

You just need to attack him once, or just watch if someone else does it, before using a spell on him and superstition does nothing.

There's a good discussion to be had here comparing it to spell shield.

One thing to consider is superstition/thing of the deep synergy and the fact that spells have better range than autos (so spell shield being easier to proc than superstition, but also being cd and comp dependent). Theoretically if you want to auto naz with a ranged character itll be pretty difficult, but with something like illidan he'd be food. At the same time, he's not taking extra phys dmg now so it's not even the worst situation and illidan only does ok spell dmg so it isn't the biggest loss...

One of those things that's hard to sus out before games are played with it imo

Prelude.

Actually it got the +dmg from phys attacks taken out right? So it's basically an anti-poke tool now. Seems really niche and 3 seconds is forever
Is that what that means? I thought that was still in, it's not as bad, then.

But it's not the "ultra op given the right comp better than iceblock" talent anymore, so I'm not sure who wouldn't pick iceblock all the time now.

brian!

I made a lil edit to my post thinking it out. I assumed the +phys dmg taken was removed? Based on how im reading it. If this is the case it makes the talent feel even more team comp based, esp if you add ranged/melee considerations...if the comps align i can see superstition/thing of the deep, but yeah iceblock is just really good.

Actually the more i thinkk about it, the more i feel like this is a tremendous buff to what ill call the "im too scared to play but i want my stats to be good" nazeebos, u kno the ones who will always run thing of the deep and never ever use an auto attack. By mitigating superstition (and the playstyle)'s main weakness (dive) a bit, those kinds of players should feel pretty good

This is all assuming my reading comprehension isnt ass and the +phys dmg taken was taken out lol

Prelude.

I made a lil edit to my post thinking it out. I assumed the +phys dmg taken was removed? Based on how im reading it. If this is the case it makes the talent feel even more team comp based, esp if you add ranged/melee considerations...if the comps align i can see superstition/thing of the deep, but yeah iceblock is just really good.

Actually the more i thinkk about it, the more i feel like this is a tremendous buff to what ill call the "im too scared to play but i want my stats to be good" nazeebos, u kno the ones who will always run thing of the deep and never ever use an auto attack. By mitigating superstition (and the playstyle)'s main weakness (dive) a bit, those kinds of players should feel pretty good

This is all assuming my reading comprehension isnt ass and the +phys dmg taken was taken out lol
A thing of the deep Nazeebo isn't particularly scary since you're not gonna get deleted by spiders and toads are a joke, so I'd probably jump on him even more without worrying about his cds (and spiders cdr is gone too). To me the dev note reads as "It was too OP so now it's up to the enemy team to counter it, instead of just accepting it as a thing you have to play around." So, basically, it should be a talent that only works at lower levels.

brian!

Yeah i agree, i havent played in a bit but when i was naz in general was only picked for late game and some map synergy on stuff like dshire, taking thing of the deep was detrimental to this. And it was ice block everytime too. But i def played with nazeebros who basically were scared of everything, this could be nice for them at least.

Ketch

played some garrosh today, went 2/3. He's pretty fun, but controls funky.

junkrat looks great. I though for a second his R2 was gonna be a global, that would have been super bonkers.

Maledict

A thing of the deep Nazeebo isn't particularly scary since you're not gonna get deleted by spiders and toads are a joke, so I'd probably jump on him even more without worrying about his cds (and spiders cdr is gone too). To me the dev note reads as "It was too OP so now it's up to the enemy team to counter it, instead of just accepting it as a thing you have to play around." So, basically, it should be a talent that only works at lower levels.

Thingnof the deep nazeebo is his best build though, by the stats. Has been since forever. Even at masters level, you’re better off running Thing of the Deep + Blood Ritual + wall of the Dead, and just taking the spider talent at 16.

Spider build isn’t bad by any means, but you’re more likely to win games with the extra safety and deadlyness of the wall.

kirblar

played some garrosh today, went 2/3. He's pretty fun, but controls funky.

junkrat looks great. I though for a second his R2 was gonna be a global, that would have been super bonkers.
I expect the L20 upgrade to make it an actual global where he rezzes on the spot 5s after the blast.

brian!

Thing of the deep does the one thing that will always spike winrates, which is compel ppl not to feed for no reason, but id say the jury's out w/r/t how much contribution those naz's have in the game. It's not a bad talent by any means though

Maledict

Thing of the deep does the one thing that will always spike winrates, which is compel ppl not to feed for no reason, but id say the jury's out w/r/t how much contribution those naz's have in the game. It's not a bad talent by any means though

Agree on the safety, but I find the reason it lets me win is because it allows for far better Walls of the Dead. It's not just safety, it really helps that ability become more of a playmaker.

brian!

Oh yeah for sure, it has incredible synergy with his w. Really good in trilanes because his range to stop ppl from retreat behind the gate becomes so long

Alur

Yeah, think you're discounting what it does for spiders and for zombie wall. Zombie wall is way easier to land with thing of the deep.

Junkrat looks fun. Not really sure what to make of that second heroic resetting you at base. Seems like that unless it does a metric fuckton of damage that makes it a bit of a nonstarter right? Unless you're using it for an escape like bye-bye.

EDIT: Best part of that McIntyre clip on reddit is that he is still using the Even in Death portrait lol

brian!

Hm id guess to summarize what i think about totd, i think he doesnt need it and that he's mainly picked for late dmg, which totd reduces. If you're trying to be successful with him in a non-competitive environment totd is a great pick. But if a build ever arises that's based around naz being unkillable then totd is prob goto

brian!

Yeap, though i was referring to something like being in draft (aka the thought process of "should i play nazeebo here"). But that would also include ppl who just pick what they want to play and want to play things their way, so yea it's mainly referring to ppl who are pretty invested in the win. Also referring to teams that know they need to set him up because all his shit is really dodgeable and totd doesnt help that. And if you're getting an assist on landing your shit...u want dmg instead

Beckx

Junkrat looks fun. Not really sure what to make of that second heroic resetting you at base. Seems like that unless it does a metric fuckton of damage that makes it a bit of a nonstarter right? Unless you're using it for an escape like bye-bye.

just watched someone basically one-shot the opposing junkrat with it.

but the targeting circle is slooooooow

the level 20 reduces the cooldown.

Alur

At level 20 mewn is playing with the rocket ult and it's a 30 second cooldown. Interesting. It comes back fast from base too, they weren't kidding.

Once when they got rid of the microstuns on Avatar? And now that they've destroyed his only build and everything good/fun about him: waveclear, AA, and survivability. The only buffs were to his heroic upgrades at 20.

Who gives a shit about either of these talents.
That change barely even affected Mura. He's been a top tank through many rounds of nerfs.
Skullcracker gotta be on its third round of functional change.

Remember when he had unstoppable on Dwarf Toss?

Alur

I remember being bummed about that Avatar change. Looking back that was insane in it's OG form...
I kinda wish it was still in grinchgrin.gif

They made zul'jin actually viable. I like it.

I love Valla and Greymane, but I was tired of having to pick them as the ranged AA (of course Lunara and sometimes cassia when those two were picked/banned). Zul'jin was just too weak overall despite his huge damage

Welcome to where you rightfully belong zul'jin. The meta. :)

Rhaknar

Oh shit Junkrat will be playable at Blizzcon.

Pros are having some issues with the scheduling as a result.

wait is Blizzcon before next week? Is Blizzcon this weekend? :eek:

also, you reckon they will sell a bundle with all the holloween skins? I know... someone who might get that if they do, A friend. Not me obviously.

Top Bottom