• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Ketch

Yeah, you faked me out. You were on and kio was on and proto was getting on and I whispered you but you didn't respond til you finished the game to say you were heading out. In the meantime, I had logged on with them. Then you came back like 20 minutes later and I thought you were staying, but no.

So we all were on and played but you disappeared, and then of course you come back after we leave. Ketch schedule strikes again.

Well, Safety Bubble is a 14 sec cooldown and your Q is 7. If he wastes bubble to dodge one Q that's good for you, and you'll have another ready to start spamming before he gets his bubble back.

I've had some Medivh's just sit on my ass with their Q in the end of the laning phase. Fortunately, they get so excited about being able to get stacks that they overextend and get rekt by the rest of my team, however.

Do agree that post 13 it's hard for Medivh to kill him reliably due to the danger of being close, but he can make it easy for you to ramp up your own damage earlier than usual in some ways.

your (HOTS) world unfortunately =/

yea you know how it goes... sometimes 5 minutes can turn in 40 and vice versa. such is life.

Alur

I struggle to find one I want to play that fits into the QM mold and doesn't potentially cause problems in matchmaking.

More than the new heroes I really want the new progression system so that playing heroes I've already mastered feels a little less...useless.

Milly79

Oh fuck. Never mind. MALTHAEL

And ya I agree Alur. Like I struggle to play heroes over 10 because I feel I'm missing out on progressing. There are heroes I just never wanna play at all or like hardly pick them up.

Syf

Banned
Well yes that struggle continues

I mean my top 3 wants right now are probably Mannoroth, Malthael, and Kil'jaeden

Prelude.

Murky is alright.

453435w5owz.jpg

Back to 2k. :^)

Prelude.

Even if you're getting stomped, get your slime stacks asap and get to 13 so you can cc into death everyone.

That match had 2 afks, one of them took our first dragon and didn't use it (he stopped 5 meters from the shrine and lasted 90 seconds until they decided to kill him) and I still won.

Alur

Would agree with you two. The late game carry for Murk is real. He needs that nerf bad.

I have lost a few Murky games, but they are always because either (A) the enemy snowballs the game so quickly I can't get to late game or (B) my team refuses to team fight by getting picked constantly, robbing me of the ability to wreak havoc in the middle of engagements.

haven't posted in this thread in awhile (because overwatch), but I remember way back I said something like "they will probably put Lucio in as the next overwatch character" and they did....I PREDICTED THE FUTURE.

how is he doing btw? is he op? underpowered? or dont know yet?

Alur

haven't posted in this thread in awhile (because overwatch), but I remember way back I said something like "they will probably put Lucio in as the next overwatch character" and they did....I PREDICTED THE FUTURE.

how is he doing btw? is he op? underpowered? or dont know yet?

He's not OP like some heroes have been, but he's likely to see some nerfs I'd say. He's pretty strong right now.

Alur

Cho'Gall is definitely occupying that same space/similar space that Murky was previously. If you queue into a game and the team doesn't have counters, he's a goddamn monster, and if they do have them (or know how to make due without) then he's a fucking joke.

Altairre

He put Medievh in tier 1 because he's so annoying to play against, which is the same reason he put Murky there
(and because Murky is broken right now)

Would agree with you two. The late game carry for Murk is real. He needs that nerf bad.

I have lost a few Murky games, but they are always because either (A) the enemy snowballs the game so quickly I can't get to late game or (B) my team refuses to team fight by getting picked constantly, robbing me of the ability to wreak havoc in the middle of engagements.

Yeah if you don't get into teamfights it can be challenging depending on what you're up against. I had an annoying game where my team just refused to group up for fights and the enemy Nova would just global me from stealth again and again.

Luckily we did get a few good engagements late in the game and I was able to do what Murky does so we just scraped by. Then on the opposite end of the scale was a game where we had a pretty good Malf and my team actually responded to objectives and engages. Felt like a murloc god, especially since you're already kind of hard to kill with fish tank and then one Malf heal puts you back at full health. Absolutely stomped the other team.

Thinking about getting Valeera, played her for a bit in try mode today and I really like how she feels.
I'm part of the problem.

brian!

He put Medievh in tier 1 because he's so annoying to play against, which is the same reason he put Murky there
(and because Murky is broken right now)

yeah that's fair to me, like i dont even know if murky is any good, I played two ptr games against and noped out
i think w/ medivh I've been lucky enough not to really run into any good ones, whereas murky just needs to murk around and he slimes ur whole game

scoobs

Fun games tonight again, not my best performances ever and a lot of throws across the board but still fun. Fuck that Sonya.

Xeteh

Man, people just don't learn. Watched the same two teammates of mine just dive in too far trying to chase some useless kill only to get destroyed. They both did it 3 times and kept trying to kill themselves. I just don't get it.

scoobs

creepin'. Also there's 4 of us in that picture and that was like 2011 or something, so you really don't know! YOU'LL NEVER KNOW!!!

Just kidding: if you want me, you can have me. Behold, all that is man:
13439214_3628605712514_1336682905020893490_n.jpg

Alur

So Milly and I played with one of our OW friends who is new to HOTS and it's rough for him starting out trying to play at diamond level because he doesn't understand the intricacies of the game yet like what the objectives are, what heroes do what, etc etc. Anyway, after Milly logged I remembered I had a smurf I'd made for the recruit a friend thing that didn't have any MMR and I'd be able to play with him on a level playing field (for him anyway) to make it more fun for him.

We played one game. I used gold to buy Valeera and had him play KT so we could stun lock people. I went 12/19/1 (the Core killed me at the end =/), lol. I should feel bad for preying on the weak like that, but damn if it wasn't fun abusing Valeera in all her glory. I was actually surprised, they had an account level 7 Gul'dan who knew to reveal me with his Q.

I probably ruined some dude's night but we had fun. Was a lot more enjoyable for him because no one knew WTF they were doing or to lane or what merc camps were or really anything and he didn't feel stressed to figure it out.

Xeteh

So Milly and I played with one of our OW friends who is new to HOTS and it's rough for him starting out trying to play at diamond level because he doesn't understand the intricacies of the game yet like what the objectives are, what heroes do what, etc etc. Anyway, after Milly logged I remembered I had a smurf I'd made for the recruit a friend thing that didn't have any MMR and I'd be able to play with him on a level playing field (for him anyway) to make it more fun for him.

We played one game. I used gold to buy Valeera and had him play KT so we could stun lock people. I went 12/19/1 (the Core killed me at the end =/), lol. I should feel bad for preying on the weak like that, but damn if it wasn't fun abusing Valeera in all her glory. I was actually surprised, they had an account level 7 Gul'dan who knew to reveal me with his Q.

I probably ruined some dude's night but we had fun. Was a lot more enjoyable for him because no one knew WTF they were doing or to lane or what merc camps were or really anything and he didn't feel stressed to figure it out.

I played a game on a smurf account and felt bad. It was so one sided that I felt like a jerk.

Alur

I have four accounts I play off and on so I've been through it a few times. Usually only takes about 5 games before the matchmaker puts you up more or less where you belong.

I don't really know what the "good" solution is to the problem we are having/had, though.

If you've a friend who wants to play the game with you, you are forced to either give them a bad experience learning at your MMR level if you have decent MMR...or go down to their level and possibly have a significant advantage over your opponent. I mean, in the micro sense, it's great for us because he can contribute better, we are more likely to win, etc. Basically all of the good things. On the macro level, though, it can be very problematic if behavior like that was widespread.

Kioshen

Fun games tonight again, not my best performances ever and a lot of throws across the board but still fun. Fuck that Sonya.

Glad I was in the first one you did then. Was fun blowing up that Chromie whenever Qruul managed to swap her in. I'm sure that person changed their avatar and swore her off for a while after that game.

Honestly, we should do Unranked more often. Watching HGC prepped me more than I thought it would around map picks and bans.

When I started playing with you guys it was the same rough time for me. The thing is that I had game knowledge but my mechanics were rusty or barely usable.

Ketch

I had a similar experience with a RL buddy who tried the game. Went like 43/0 with illidan and Sonya a couple times, but after the mmrcaught up he kept getting bodied quit and never played again :(

Also y'all know it's spelled Wiener, as in from Wien. The city where we call the sausages Frankfurter funnily enough.
Qm is pretty fun to me cuz not having a support is pretty common and that makes the game more twitchy and decisions/mechanics more important. I get that it's an abomination tho
It might be that you can't blame anyone for the shit that happens because it's QM.

Ketch

I think stitches may be a bit underrated right now.

he's ridiculously tanky

not a lot of heroes can go toe to toe with muradin while standing in march of the murlocs and still win.

Top Bottom