• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

scoobs

I think stitches may be a bit underrated right now.

he's ridiculously tanky

not a lot of heroes can go toe to toe with muradin while standing in march of the murlocs and still win.

Stitches problem will always be that he does actually 0 damage and Artanis does his job better now.

brian!

He does decently w/ a lot of prerequisites, like going slam build w/ another tank and medivh/malf is pretty efficient on certain maps. He'd get picked a lot more if his hook had a lower cd

In general tho he should be an answer in draft rather than the crux of a strat imo. I mean like design-wise, thats not where he is now

Kioshen

Watching Grubby analyze a silver ranked game made me feel good about myself. Then I realized I might need to watch a couple of those games from yesterday to see what were my default habits. I especially need to rewatch that Valla game in Warhead Junction. I felt like while I did good, I think I zoned out a little too much and just mindlessly attacked. You guys were rotating all around the map but I anchored in mid for maybe too long.

Ketch

Yea. He can definitely use another round of small buffs. He could be like ETC/Diablo tier if a hook didn't need at like two other synergistic heroes to captilize.

A hook buff would do a lot. Reduce the CD or leave the 16s cd and give it a decent damage buff instead so he has more kill potential.

Or Maybe give slam baseline slow or add some disable to his E so at least he could provide a little bit of his own lockdown if they don't want him to have more damage.

The difference between a power slide or diablo combo and a hook is that stitches doesn't get himself out of position, but the rest of his kit doesn't really synergize with that because I feel like he kind of needs to be out of position to get value from E and his passive and all his slows and tankyness.

Like hook should be a pick off tool not a win more tool.

brian!

Since his cc is not baked in i think itd be cool if he ended up being the drawn out fight/passive pick comp pick. His w is pretty weak in decisive quick fights but it's quite good in longer fights where he can get a couple off. That's why i was considering him to be more of a counter pick ideally; something to outsustain comps that dont have a good way of dealing w/ him, but also a pick that makes the enemy team feel like they need to force

Kioshen

What I find puzzling is that Pudge's hook cooldown in Dota 2 starts at 14s and can go down to 11s at max level (or 4 with aghs). In a game where abilities have more weight and less spammy, it's kinda weird that it's flipped in HOTS. Maybe because Phase Prism is also at 16s cooldown ?

kirblar

What I find puzzling is that Pudge's hook cooldown in Dota 2 starts at 14s and can go down to 11s at max level (or 4 with aghs). In a game where abilities have more weight and less spammy, it's kinda weird that it's flipped in HOTS. Maybe because Phase Prism is also at 16s cooldown ?
There's less counterplay via talents because of the lack of an item shop.

Roadhog also is getting his hooked nerfed in OW for a similar reason - it's a heroic/ult level move.

Ketch

Pretty sure the massive hook CD is just the result of stitches been like the god king forever back in the day until eventually they nerfed him so hard that he basically doesn't exist..... see: uther

brian!

It could be just that dota gives you more tech to deal w/ skills like that but i dunno. The way it scales over time in dota kind of coalesces w/ access to options for a counter

Ketch

Everything is OP in dota. The reason pudges hook is okay is because there's 9 other heroes in the game with abilities that are just as fucking nasty.

Kioshen

There's less counterplay via talents because of the lack of an item shop.

Roadhog also is getting his hooked nerfed in OW for a similar reason - it's a heroic/ult level move.

Yeah that makes sense especially when nearly everyone can buy a blink dagger.

Wait they are nerfing Roadhog's hook ?! That was one of my favorite sports when I actively played OW was hunt squishies and combo them down :(.

kirblar

Yeah that makes sense especially when nearly everyone can buy a blink dagger.

Wait they are nerfing Roadhog's hook ?! That was one of my favorite sports when I actively played OW was hunt squishies and combo them down :(.
It's going from 6s to 8s and the person's going to be slightly farther away (making it so you can headshot but not headshot+melee)- it's a completely deserved nerf and it'll still be really good.

They already fixed it up so that it acts more like Scorpion's Spear when it hits.

Altairre

So I've pretty much stopped using chat during quickmatch but I will still thow in a "glhf" or a "hi team" at the start of the game and sometimes people respond in kind and that's cool and all. Occasionally there are these situations where I just don't know anymore though. In a match yesterday:

Me: Hi team
Nazeebo: Fuck you
ETC: You okay?
Nazeebo Fuck you too, I hope you die
Me:
YY4deNm.gif

Alur

Glad I was in the first one you did then. Was fun blowing up that Chromie whenever Qruul managed to swap her in. I'm sure that person changed their avatar and swore her off for a while after that game.

I need to GIF that. I got 3 god swaps off on her, was so good. I was in the Artanis zone that game, but then again he is like 65% winrate for me.

Honestly, we should do Unranked more often. Watching HGC prepped me more than I thought it would around map picks and bans.

I had fun doing unranked last night. Typically I prefer Quick Match so I can play what I want, but outside of Lucio or Valeera there's not really any hero in particular I want to play I guess til the progression system rolls in.

When I started playing with you guys it was the same rough time for me. The thing is that I had game knowledge but my mechanics were rusty or barely usable.

Yeah, I'm sure, but I don't think it'll be much longer til you are there.

I had a similar experience with a RL buddy who tried the game. Went like 43/0 with illidan and Sonya a couple times, but after the mmrcaught up he kept getting bodied quit and never played again :(

Yeah, it's short lived for sure unless you pick up some losses.

What is that GIF from? It's all over Twitter right now.

scoobs

I can't tell if this is all sarcasm... it's gotta be but I'll say it anyways, its Drew Scanlon from Giantbomb and somehow he became a meme.

Alur

I can't tell if this is all sarcasm... it's gotta be but I'll say it anyways, its Drew Scanlon from Giantbomb and somehow he became a meme.

No sarcasm...

I've never watched anything Giant Bomb.

...pretty much. It's been several years and I barely watched any of it then. Watch too much sports and other television and barely keep up with gaming outside of PC games.

This was a good use, though. Thumbs up. It's a good GIF. Anthony Fantano would probably approve.

Altairre

Holy crap this game just now. Ran into four people that were in queue together and they were using chat, apologizing for mistakes, pinging, all of it. What a bummer that it lasted only about 12 minutes. One in a million.

Alur

It's my theory that Blizzard throws you one or two like that every now and then just to remind you how great it can be, followed by a game where you get put on a team with Abathur, Tyrande and two stealth and one person quits in the first three minutes.

Altairre

It's my theory that Blizzard throws you one or two like that every now and then just to remind you how great it can be, followed by a game where you get put on a team with Abathur, Tyrande and two stealth and one person quits in the first three minutes.

Well, let's put that theory to the test. *Queues again*

Edit: Lol, two stealthies on the enemy team. Let's see how this goes...

Edit²: Close but we won. Late game Murky too stronk.

scoobs

I feel like we should be hearing about a new hero or new content today and we definitely aren't. I guess its next week. Bummer.

Ketch

fuck no, i didn't take that talent. I died like 9 times.

like sun zoo once said: know yourself, know your enemy, and never fear the outcome of a quick match.

Alur

He's pretty well booty without that talent, though. No damage to contribute and all of his other shit is mostly selfish in an unorganized setting. So basically all you do is pop through and pee on an enemy and go back and that's that, while providing shields that are worse than Tass or Zarya.

Ketch

He's pretty well booty without that talent, though. No damage to contribute and all of his other shit is mostly selfish in an unorganized setting. So basically all you do is pop through and pee on an enemy and go back and that's that, while providing shields that are worse than Tass or Zarya.

Well... it only works if you finish the quest.

Is the sc aram map new?

Just started playing it this week. Loving it so far. Much more laid back than Dota 2. I couldn't keep up with the meta anymore. Hero prices are quite steep though. Both in terms of gold and real money.

Syf

Banned
With the weekly brawl reward and dailies you can gain gold pretty quick. You'll also get some for leveling heroes to level 5 and your player account. They are working on a new progression system though so things might change.

Anyway, welcome to the game

scoobs

I'd love to hear your thoughts after playing some Abathur. Weirdest hero in the game and I can't imagine there's a thing quite like it in DOTA2.

scoobs

This is the first time in this games history where we have no fucking clue what heroes are coming up next. I love it.

Plz be Dva

Alavard

like the dinosaur hunter?

Terokk was an ancient king of the Arakkoa (bird men) from Outland in World of Warcraft. He appears in all of one quest in the game, but when Dehaka was being teased, there was a big reddit thread where someone put together a huge theory about how it was actually Terokk coming.

Since then, every time a hero gets teased, there's a running joke that it's Terokk. The other joke being that it's Kel'Thuzad riding a dragon.

Ketch

The mantle of Turok is passed down every generation to the eldest native american male, who then becomes a time traveling warrior charged with protecting the barrier between Earth and the Lost Lands.

read a book.

Top Bottom