• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

scoobs

I find it hard to believe they're adding another Protoss. They all look the same pretty much (racist), lets get some weird looking Zerg heroes.

Ketch

It's kind of funny to think that Nova is like a hero in the starcraft universe, because everybody that plays this game hates her.

It's kind of funny to think that Nova is like a hero in the starcraft universe, because everybody that plays this game hates her.

I did all the nova SC2 missions and it was a little jarring at first to have nova being all noble and whatever and im like, who does this girl think she is, she has got to know she is a troll pick

Syf

Banned
He's not actually named in the game lol, just a hybrid destroyer you gotta fight in one of the missions. He's named.. elsewhere. If you search him you'll see I'm not crazy.

Xeteh

Let's get Izsha from Heart of the Swarm. She just hangs from the ceiling and tells you what is happening in the battle.

Alur

Everyone has latched onto the Arthas + Lucio train and how good that could be. He also makes Dehaka pretty good too. Just had a game where we dominated the enemy with Dehaka + Valeera chain stunning thanks to the Lucio speed.

No escape baby.

scoobs

I am now a dirty Chromie picker.

i_told_you_so_stephen_colbert.gif

Alur

We played Dehaka + Chromie tonight and straight rekt. 4-0, not even close in 3 of the games.

Dehaka is kind of sneaky OP.

scoobs

We played Dehaka + Chromie tonight and straight rekt. 4-0, not even close in 3 of the games.

Dehaka is kind of sneaky OP.

Dehaka has been a top pick in competitive for months now, and banned regularly in high level HL. Nothing sneaky about it. That mini rework made him so much better.

Chromie is a piece of fucking garbage hero that's entire kit is built around removing heroes from the battlefield instantly. Fuck that hero, and fuck whoever designed her.

Alur

That's true re: competitive particularly in EU IIRC but he's not nearly as prominent in pleb games.

He went through a phase there for a bit after the buff where he was the hotness, but that cooled. Now he gets drafted behind Varian, Artanis, ETC, Diablo, Muradin, and Johanna in HL. He's only played in 7.6% of QM games.

To me that's sneaky OP, cause clearly not enough people know about it and are exploiting it like they did Artanis and are doing Varian and so forth. I think overall, though, the fact that he's so good yet so far down the pecking order for regular players speaks more to the health of the warrior archetype compared to others than it does anything else. Lots of good picks right now.

Maledict

Blizzards write up for the clash is funny. They put the three Euro teams top, then Tempo Storm, but give them the lovely co pliment of:

Their record against international teams is abysmal at best, but better than the rest of what North America offers

Feels weird when it's Blizzard NA writing that!

TBH, expectations have now been set so low for NA that unless each team instantly loses before level 10 people are going to think EU fucked up. Personally hope we get to see an upset - I think Dig still aren't up to strength and could go down versus some NA teams.

brian!

Blizzards write up for the clash is funny. They put the three Euro teams top, then Tempo Storm, but give them the lovely co pliment of:

Feels weird when it's Blizzard NA writing that!

TBH, expectations have now been set so low for NA that unless each team instantly loses before level 10 people are going to think EU fucked up. Personally hope we get to see an upset - I think Dig still aren't up to strength and could go down versus some NA teams.

From watching hgc it really has been night and day

Hmm dunk is coaching dig for katowice

Alur

What a fucking awful shit show. Can't push. Can't do anything for all the clones. Just a stalemate forever because of the Novas.

Altairre

Some throws hurt even in quickmatch. Why would you go (with the garden terror) for the left AND the right keep after you kill the middle one? Why not core? It's like some people don't want to win.

scoobs

Some throws hurt even in quickmatch. Why would you go (with the garden terror) for the left AND the right keep after you kill the middle one? Why not core? It's like some people don't want to win.

Xp bro, gotta level them heroes so you can get that hot master skin

Alur

So I've just been playing Dehaka and Artanis and we keep winning so I'mma keep doing that because winning is fun have you ever had fun fun is very fun like you could be digging ditches but if you are with your mates and telling jokes it could be a good time thats what fun is

Overwatch is probably announcing stuff on mon/tues, so it'd make sense if they were on a 4-week cycle this time in order to dodge the hype train.

I'm on board with this for future promotions, as someone who likes to collect Overwatch and HoTs skins the LNY event absolutely killed my wallet.

Even then I didn't get all the LNY skins that I really wanted. Didn't get the Roadhog or either Mei skin ;_;

Least in HoTs I can buy the skins whenever save for the winter ones.

kirblar

I'm on board with this for future promotions, as someone who likes to collect Overwatch and HoTs skins the LNY event absolutely killed my wallet.

Even then I didn't get all the LNY skins that I really wanted. Didn't get the Roadhog or either Mei skin ;_;

Least in HoTs I can buy the skins whenever save for the winter ones.
I think OW increased the % chance of gold piles in the LNY boxes (for thematic reasons) and accidentally screwed their algorithm in the process.

I think OW increased the % chance of gold piles in the LNY boxes (for thematic reasons) and accidentally screwed their algorithm in the process.

I agree, I definitely saw an increase in gold pile drops.

Thinking about it kinda bums me out actually lol, I spent $40 on boxes during that dumb event.

Top Bottom