• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

kirblar

Fun fact, stitches has nearly as much HP as Chogall, more if you stack lvl 1 talent hungry for more.
He needs it right now since he's literally just a meat shield in combat until they fix his W.

Wonder if we'll be getting a hero preview tomorrow.

Alur

New Zul'jin herostorm including the regen bit with backing band was pretty funny. That's kind of what it feels like.

scoobs

I thought it was weird he didn't say Taz'Dingo? I was waiting for it and it never came. Still great, lol tassadars wet noodle AA

Ketch

He needs it right now since he's literally just a meat shield in combat until they fix his W.

Wonder if we'll be getting a hero preview tomorrow.

Another fun fact, stitches W has the same CD and damage as muradins thunder clap, except it has no utility.

They should add some utility to it baseline.

But I do think that stitches has a lot of utility in his talents already. He's more then just a meat shield for sure.

brian!

yeah arthas is good, dunno how good tho
tons of synergy w/ popular stuff like rag and strong against melee assassins too

scoobs

A good stitches is a terror, if they gave him more baseline power we'd probably regret asking for it. Maybe a small buff to W damage so he could wave clear better

Alur

I am never entirely thrilled with Stitches on my team versus another of the more mainstream warriors, but would agree that it wouldn't take much to make him as obnoxious as he was in the late Alpha.

Ketch

I am never entirely thrilled with Stitches on my team versus another of the more mainstream warriors, but would agree that it wouldn't take much to make him as obnoxious as he was in the late Alpha.

I think I'd be just as happy with a stitches as a Johanna or diablo.

Alur

I just wish he wasn't so reliant on hooks. Hook is a real game changer, but I feel like his version of it isn't quite as good as Artanis' version at the moment because you have time to react to their reaction of the impending swap with Artanis. Like you can Q out in one direction, they move another, and you can send your E in that direction in like a counter to the counter.

I dunno, maybe it's just because Artanis is in a good spot (and has been for a while) and Stitches is pretty low on the list winrate wise. Perhaps what's around the rest of Artanis' kit is just better making the swap feel better, but I really do feel like it is better.

Xeilyn

This game has been pretty infuriating for me since i got back to it once again about two weeks ago, several losses that were all complete stomps.

But today i won a game on garden of terror that went back and forth for ages, we had the upper hand then fucked up and got wiped. We all said GG since death timers were long, Cho'gall pushed for the core while two others back to defend thier own core from minions pushing in. Cho'gall is tanking our core and its getting low fast.

Abathur and Tracer spawn, Tracer starts attacking Cho'gall, Abathur shields our core, Cho'gall dies, core has 1% hp left.

We make one last push and win.

Greatest feeling ever

Ketch

I think it's just a matter of what heroes are in the meta right now. stitches would fill the tank spot that usually brings the hard cc, so when he hooks typically there's not much follow up. Where as Artanis is usually paired with another warrior that has the lock down, so when he swaps it can be followed up with cc that leads to a kill.

In other words. Stitches has the hook, but no lock down, and no burst damage, so you need like 2 other pieces to the puzzle. Artanis has the swap AND burst damage so he only needs like one person to provide a root or stun or something.

They could give more damage to the hook itself or give him a minor slow in his W baseline but keeping the lvl 16 in tact.

But I think stitches can be played more like a disruption tank without relying on the hook to get picks. Walking in from a flank similar to arthas does can be very effective, especially once he's got some talents online. The problem of course is why pick him over arthas then, and maybe its because stitches has rediculous health pool? Maybe it's because you'd rather have hook over root in some situations? Maybe you want to remove a high value target with gorge and anubarak is off the table?

All of that just to say stitches is situationally good.... which I think is what everyone thinks.

Alur

We make one last push and win.

Greatest feeling ever

Hah, that's how they get you. Just when you thought you were out... The game can tend toward the streaky side with wins and losses in my experience.

It's not just a HOTS thing that makes it feel that way, it's a MOBA thing in general. Losses feel really bad, wins feel really good. The key differences between HOTS and other MOBAs is your agency, however. You can get rekt in League or Dota and still have done your job and destroyed a few people, conceivably, but in HOTS once the snowball starts it's hard to do anything without the opposing team throwing. On the flip side, losing in Dota or League costs you 30-45 minutes, while in HOTS a stomp could be as quick as 10-12 minutes and usually no longer than 15-20. And then when you win you're just rolling em over at times.

I'd argue that's part of the popularity of Overwatch. Even if your team sucks, you can still be a badass. Hard to do in HOTS. Best thing to do is find some folks to play with, whether here on GAF or just good players you encounter in a game. Friend em up and play some more in the future. If they turn out to be toxic, just delete em, no worries.

I really miss that from Alpha era HOTS. The game might be better now, and there's way more variety in heroes, but back in Alpha people routinely friended others after good games and banded together. The community was much smaller, sure, but it was neat how much more open people were at that time versus now.

scoobs

Ya i hadn't even tried new Arthas, nor played him to any real degree, in like 6 months... just picked him as main tank in HL and didn't die once and stomped em' :D

At no point did I fear for my life, he's soooo tanky

Altairre

Oh and I tried playing the Zeratul build with Vorpal Blade, the Singularity Spike teleport and Rewind. This was pretty much me by the end:

omK9a9o.jpg

My mechanical skills are bad and I should feel bad. We won that game but I think it was despite my involvement not because of it.

Alur

That Zeratul build is super fun and I also don't know WTF is going on half the time. I just hit buttons and try to stick and then try to GTFO when I get nervous.

scoobs

So apparently Arthas CAN die... my last hero league game I get an Arthas tank (me on Malf) and he goes on to die 10 times in a 15 minute game. Then types out a paragraph at the end why we were all to blame. Standard stuff really. Plat 1 :(

Dude just ran head first into 5 enemies expecting to live. Some people don't quite grasp the concept of tanking and should stick to other roles.

Yeah Zeratul is my most played Hero and I can hardly use Vorpal correctly.

Still need to learn the vorpal direction trick properly but I've gotten much better at tagging with vorpal for engagements.

Xeilyn

Hah, that's how they get you. Just when you thought you were out... The game can tend toward the streaky side with wins and losses in my experience.

It's not just a HOTS thing that makes it feel that way, it's a MOBA thing in general. Losses feel really bad, wins feel really good. The key differences between HOTS and other MOBAs is your agency, however. You can get rekt in League or Dota and still have done your job and destroyed a few people, conceivably, but in HOTS once the snowball starts it's hard to do anything without the opposing team throwing. On the flip side, losing in Dota or League costs you 30-45 minutes, while in HOTS a stomp could be as quick as 10-12 minutes and usually no longer than 15-20. And then when you win you're just rolling em over at times.

I'd argue that's part of the popularity of Overwatch. Even if your team sucks, you can still be a badass. Hard to do in HOTS. Best thing to do is find some folks to play with, whether here on GAF or just good players you encounter in a game. Friend em up and play some more in the future. If they turn out to be toxic, just delete em, no worries.

I really miss that from Alpha era HOTS. The game might be better now, and there's way more variety in heroes, but back in Alpha people routinely friended others after good games and banded together. The community was much smaller, sure, but it was neat how much more open people were at that time versus now.
I played in the beta and quit right after Sylvanas release, started playing Lol about a year ago but ive played other mobas aswell.

I definitely dont get as angry when i lose in this compared to league, which is one of the reasons why im taking a break from lol and going with Hots instead. Though i dont get THAT angry overall compared to most people, i just dont have that much time to play and as you say, a loss in Lol can still cost me 45 minutes of my time while alot less in this.

I always liked Hots alot but i didnt have any friends to play with so i stuck to other mobas and especially lol this past year but when my best friend that i always play with all of a sudded started playing duo que with another person(This other person is a better player than me but not by alot) I just said fuck it and quit.

This game fits me better anyway

OMFG NERF SLOWING SANDS, god it's such bullshit. At least give it a wind up time and not a frigging insta cast or maybe a time limit or drain more mana.

He did his thing in Hearthstone gaf recently.

I'll check in on Hearthstone every few months but I'm basically like this with it these days.

XujHL.gif

I need to edit Ben Brode's face on Bart :p

scoobs

You really thinking slowing sands is OP? I think the other ult is twice as dumb. The instant death no matter what unless you have cleanse up.

I like Slowng Sands as an ult, it's a good zoning option for a hero that needs it.

Alur

I'd rather face Slowing Sands 10/10 times versus loop. Can't rely on Cleanse at our level and most of the time you don't even have one in QM.

Alur

Rag/Lucio duo number 1 QM team NA. We'll take on any comers at the local Y. Name the time.

On the old heroes note, I did that recently with Nazeebo. Played him about 30-35 games over a week or two to make him my most played hero again (194 games played). #2? Valla at 193. #oldschoolforever

Let's put genji and Hanzo in this game

You're right. The Valeera/Varian toxicity is dying down. We need new cancers to terrorize QM.

Falling out of love with Probius. His range is just so pitiful, setup takes way too fucking long (both D and W, he's squishy af and worker rush is shut off when taking damage. He just has too much going against him rn.

He also makes me BM like crazy.
Li Li is still one of my favorite QM heroes. She's just so solid.
I think it took months for pros to reflect Li Li's winrate in their tier lists not sure who was the first to acknowledge she's actually really good in soloq.

Alur

Falling out of love with Probius. His range is just so pitiful, setup takes way too fucking long (both D and W, he's squishy af and worker rush is shut off when taking damage. He just has too much going against him rn.

I find him very weird to play. In some ways he costs my team heavily by me playing him (like he's useless for Haunted Mines cause he can't really do anything in the mines due to needing to setup to maintain mana), but he's also very useful because he can defend very well against the golem.

Whenever I've played him, I've been torn between whether I'm a drag on the team or the only thing propping the team up to keep the game going because he functions a lot like release version Ragnaros (at least defensively). You aren't great offensively, but you can stall like a son of a bitch. I typically finish with few if any deaths, most siege, most EXP, and Artanis level damage. I just don't know. I agree wholeheartedly his range is booty tier and needs to be buffed, however. Putting down a W is life and death at times.

He also makes me BM like crazy..

What do you mean? He actually makes you get salty with your team? Typically it's my team getting salty with me in my games. He's a magnet for criticism because everyone knows he's UP.

I find him very weird to play. In some ways he costs my team heavily by me playing him (like he's useless for Haunted Mines cause he can't really do anything in the mines due to needing to setup to maintain mana), but he's also very useful because he can defend very well against the golem.

Whenever I've played him, I've been torn between whether I'm a drag on the team or the only thing propping the team up to keep the game going because he functions a lot like release version Ragnaros. You aren't great offensively, but you can stall like a son of a bitch. I typically finish with few if any deaths, most siege, most EXP, and Artanis level damage. I just don't know. I agree wholeheartedly his range is booty tier and needs to be buffed, however. Putting down a W is life and death at times.
Yeah I don't feel like a particular drag on the team but it just makes me work for it too hard. There's not just the need to set up but you need to set up differently to get the most use out of your abilities. The heroic wants you to set the pylons up aggressively while your cannon wants to have a safe pylon.
amy newest pet peeve is that you have no control over which pylon leaves when you set up the 2nd, it's always in order. Say you want to do a camp you have 2 pylons in lane go to the camp make a pylon there go back to the lane and now with the camp want to set up more forwardly in lane. Your new pylon replaces the one left over in the lane before not the useless one in the camp. I rely on the 2nd pylon for vision
What do you mean? He actually makes you get salty with your team? Typically it's my team getting salty with me in my games. He's a magnet for criticism because everyone knows he's UP.
I was playing Booty Bay and whenever I 1v1'd someone or just stalled until my teammates came to pick them off I was B stepping

Alur

Ah the B step is a regular part of our groups' games when warranted.

If they throw and lose because of it, roll in with a 5 man try hard comp (QM), or BM themselves they are sure to get B stepping and people launching themselves into the Nexus as we end.

Top Bottom