• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Ketch

I know some disagree, but I am frankly amazed how awful they've done with making these brawls enjoyable. I really figured they'd knock this out of the park. It feels like it should've just been the Arena/pick 3 and that's just the mode. The map rotates, you do "x" number of games a week for gold, and they come up with something else for the rest.

I do want 2.0 out ASAP, but there's definitely bugs all in this build. Stats not showing in profile, animations bugged on certain skins, heroes wearing certain skins not showing up in MVP screen, certain skins being unable to use hotkeyed sprays, etc. I don't think they've updated it even once since it went live, though, right?

Yea most of them are hot trash or just aram. The pirate one was cool, and I like the one where you gotta fight the punishers.

Ya a month long beta test for this patch seems extreme. It's basically more skins, and emojis. Once you test the loot system works I really don't see what there is to be testing so long for

This is just the first part of 2.0, there's two additional heroes and a new map that's also going to be launching with the update who aren't on the test server yet.

Basically it's a week of the new loot system, then a week for new hero one, then a week for new hero two and the map.

There's a lot more coming than they've mentioned so far

I liked the last two brawls did them back to back (reset was just when I finished Bloodlust)?
I got Illidan both times lol. Also won the 2 Azmodunk brawls fairly easy, just stack em, kill 'em, kill core. Went swimmingly, despite everyone doing it for the firßt time.

scoobs

Damn. I've gotta say there isn't much more of a cancerous combo than Gaz/Probius. Was a nightmare to navigate the turret fields.

Is there a more cancer quick match comp than: Abathur (god tier variety), Illidan, Zeratul, Chromie, Brightwing. I was in the process of slitting my wrists before the game even started.

Kioshen

Since the start of the new season, I've discovered and followed Nubkeks' YT channel. He documents his road to grand master by going through the draft and gameplay after the fact which I find fascinating. He plays a wide variety of roles and heroes so that's a nice perspective overall to see. I think it helped me get better by proxy in a way because he explains the thought process of a high-level game in a very calm way.

I'm still having face palm moments because bad habits are hard to break especially tired but I think I'm having a bigger impact in our games that I used to. At least a positive impact now instead of negative before Milly swoops in with a witty remark.

Alur

Grubby coming out in that Cassia reddit thread saying Cassia AA feels bad/clunky making it hard to stutter. I had issues at times, thought it was just the short range and/or me. Guess it was more than that.

Alavard

Since the start of the new season, I've discovered and followed Nubkeks' YT channel. He documents his road to grand master by going through the draft and gameplay after the fact which I find fascinating. He plays a wide variety of roles and heroes so that's a nice perspective overall to see. I think it helped me get better by proxy in a way because he explains the thought process of a high-level game in a very calm way.

Thanks for the suggestion. Watched a couple of his vids and I'm liking them quite a bit.

Ketch

Grubby coming out in that Cassia reddit thread saying Cassia AA feels bad/clunky making it hard to stutter. I had issues at times, thought it was just the short range and/or me. Guess it was more than that.

Short range and slow animation so to me it just looks like people are constantly walking out of range and then the auto doesn't come out.

Doesn't matter though since she's a mage anyway :horse:

Kioshen

Swiggity swooty kio you're still booty

You know you love me don't try to hide it.

Kio was lighting it up on Tracer last night after you left. He swiggity'd a lot.

I failed to impress Proto enough so that he would shield me but that one was a hard game to do anything once they grouped up.

Thanks for the suggestion. Watched a couple of his vids and I'm liking them quite a bit.

Rereading myself it felt like I was selling out but glad it helps somebody else too !

Kioshen

If the usual schedule is kept, it's probably what will happen. I'm sure they'll keep trickling down stuff to 2.0 to keep people playtesting it and gathering data. Also Genji has been confirmed by a zoom and enhanced video on youtube. If anybody had doubts about it anyway.

Alavard

I'm very interested to see how Genji's deflection mechanic is handled - whether he just gets Alarak's heroic on a basic cooldown or if there's some unique spin to it. Also interested to see if his reputation from Overwatch comes with him.

brian!

If he keeps the reset mechanic he'll def be popular
Hes already greymane in overwatch, im assuming he'll be greymane in this too

Kioshen

I don't have a main

Look at what you have done to him. For shame.

b23c86abc77c390f1e15e9eb46d871f6.jpg

Alavard

It'd be cool if it were an actual reflect, like reflecting mura q or something, but i guess that'd be too broken

I think a lot of abilities would also behave strangely like that. A thrown forward projectile, like Mura's Q is easy to reflect directly back in the direction it came at, but what does a reflected Azmodunk look like - would it target the space the Azmo was at when he threw it? Would a reflected Pyroblast target KT? How would you reflect Xul's Q? How would you reflect a single piece of the fire from Diablo's firestomp? And that's before balance is even factored in.

So it's probably going to look a lot like Alarak's deflection. But it could potentially trigger only on AA or only on ability damage, and the way it returns damage could still be very different.

Ketch

It'd be cool if it were an actual reflect, like reflecting mura q or something, but i guess that'd be too broken

Unless it's a heroic.

Blade dash
Triple shuriken
Double jump

Heroic 1: reflect
Heroic 2: RYUJIKENOYAAAAA

There are things in OW that are blocked but not reflected, although not many.

brian!

I think a lot of abilities would also behave strangely like that. A thrown forward projectile, like Mura's Q is easy to reflect directly back in the direction it came at, but what does a reflected Azmodunk look like - would it target the space the Azmo was at when he threw it? Would a reflected Pyroblast target KT? How would you reflect Xul's Q? How would you reflect a single piece of the fire from Diablo's firestomp? And that's before balance is even factored in.

So it's probably going to look a lot like Alarak's deflection. But it could potentially trigger only on AA or only on ability damage, and the way it returns damage could still be very different.

I assumed itd be projectiles and autos like in ow but yeah dunno if the client is sophosticated enough for it (though it must be! If they are releasing genji that is)

Id be for a melee assassin genji tho

Ketch

ok genji should be able to move and shoot, but have reduced AA range like cassia and tychus.

Man, ninja flip would be such a cool ability. just like .75 seconds of phasing that works against heroes and terrain with like a 6 second CD or something.

tychus should also be able to move and shoot, but then have to stand still while minigun is active.

Dreavus

So... He'll probably get the Genji Oni skin right? Probably as the bundle. I mean his bike is already here, which I always thought was weird when the matching character skin was in a different game.

Alavard

These QM comps...

Diablo (me), Chromie, Zagara, Murky, Gazlowe

vs

Falstad, Sitches, Illidan, Tyrael, Lunara

We got absolutely destroyed.

scoobs

Zeratul games are so hit or miss with me. I'm either a god, or completely worthless. There is no in between.

I decided I'd go back to Hearthstone and try it out until 2.0 is out........

Nearly pulled a Yoshi and my fist through the monitor.......... God what an awful game.

edit: And I used to pull rank 5 consistently so I'm not terrible by any means.

zoukka

I decided I'd go back to Hearthstone and try it out until 2.0 is out........

Nearly pulled a Yoshi and my fist through the monitor.......... God what an awful game.

edit: And I used to pull rank 5 consistently so I'm not terrible by any means.

The old rank system? I was always rank 1 and still a scrub :b

The old rank system? I was always rank 1 and still a scrub :b

No the current one, I just think the game is currently garbage and will be until the lead designer situation changes.

I've felt this way for a while actually.

edit: I had a pretty good tempo mage I was running after TGT came out.

2nd edit: I actually don't think pirate decks are all that bad to deal with either, would much rather play against a pirate deck than dragon priest. Started playing again this weekend and once I got to rank 18 it was all freaking dragon priests. I'll shut up about HS now.

3rd edit: Back to HOTS where I can blame losing on my team mates :D

zoukka

I didn't play for a year and now I think they have improved the game a lot. The heroes are more balanced and the builds more interesting.

But I don't stress about rank anymore, I just play HL for fun now.

scoobs

Ok, I've finally figured out how to play Valeera and this hero is fucking stuuuuuuuuuuupid. You can't die unless you are a mega pleb (like me) and you kill everything always. Dumb, hate her. But she's fun to play. Here's my build, its bullshit. I think the reason I hated playing her before was her other builds suck dick and this one is broken.
Here's how easy she is to stomp horrible players in quickmatch.

Milly79

Yet, you still lost the game.

Valeera is fine. I love how you proclaim almost every hero in the game is broken, stupid or OP just because you had one good game with them (stats wise, at least).

I would hate to be a new player reading this thread. They probably think the entire roster is OP.

Top Bottom