• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Maledict

i think cassia is actually a mage

Really? I was finding her to be very much an auto attacker / brawler, with the shorter range and abilities that want you to get close in. Mages typically by definition want to hang back and throw spells at you from a distance.

kirblar

Really? I was finding her to be very much an auto attacker / brawler, with the shorter range and abilities that want you to get close in. Mages typically by definition want to hang back and throw spells at you from a distance.
Yeah, she's like Tychus, a melee/ranged hybrid character.

Alur

She's a bipolar hero in most of the games I've seen on PTR. About 30 total games, 25 or so as her. If she has a front line she can do well, and if they have AA heroes she can do amazing, but the mage tax is rough. She's been middle tier damage dealer on both sides in most games, and then occasionally she'll bust into top of the charts thanks to the matchup.

I've played her a ton and enjoy her, but I have no gauge on how good or bad she'll be thanks to the MM on PTR. Some games you'd swear Blizzard put AI-Adept bots in the game with real names just to make you think there's people playing the players play so bad.

Ketch

Q build and chain lightning seemed pretty strong.

good wave clear

poor mobility compensated for by the insane armor

clearly defined niche

she seems decent. better then probe by a mile

Maledict

Also the level 20 upgrade to the ball lightning is hilarious. I'm not entirely sure why it has the cooldown reduction, but ye gods in a big team fight brawl it can do insane damage and then be instantly up to cast again.

scoobs

Yeah, she actually doesn't seem too bad. I just like fucking with Alur.

Your last two posts seem contradictory.

I'm going to get like 66 or 67 loot boxes apparently. Dank. I'm really just in it for the emojis.

I haven't played a single second of PTR, so I guess I'll figure out of I like the new hero when she arrives in the Nexus next week. I can already tell I'm going to be annoyed by her AA range being WAY shorter than her ability ranges.

Also, I've rekindled my love for Leoric this patch. The buffs are pretty insignificant but holy shit his W build is some intense damage.

Ketch

mayatomr_romance.gif

Alur

No. Most of the boxes are lost in the translation. You only get a set number based on how your levels convert. Basically, if loot boxes are important to you, you should not level any hero you have that is below level 8.

Milly79

No? Literally no one would fucking wave clear. Butcher clears so much faster and refused. I was in our base almost the entire end of the game because no one would stick around and they kept pushing us in with mercs.

Ketch

It's painful just contemplating 300k legit seige damage on tracer. Is your mouse/keyboard ok?

How are the que times on ptr?

Have they said when ptr is going live?

Alur

How are the que times on ptr?

Have they said when ptr is going live?

They vary from instant to about 300 seconds. Not too awful honestly, considering it's PTR.

Cassia should be live Tuesday (ETC rework too I guess?), but the 2.0 doesn't come out til the 18th or 25th. Not sure which, I've heard both.

Milly79

Just had 2 epic trolls on PTR nonetheless. Left the game as soon as it started. One came back about 5 minutes later, the other at the end. They both said "another bad game, huh?" when they joined. Must've been bots.

Want to guess their heroes? Murky and Nova. GG.

Alur

So I worked out the rest of my account's levels and where they will land, and redid the other one since the tabulations were wrong before:

• Dolo #1 --- 922 --- 69 boxes
  • Dolo #2 --- 575 --- 65 boxes
  • Alur --- 370 --- 58 boxes
  • Dolo #3 --- 149 --- 26 boxes

Lots of boxes overall to open which will be awesome. Will probably save an account or two for sometime after the initial rush has died down so I can have fun doing it again without buying any.

The other thing that sticks out is that my main account has nearly 600 levels on my second alt yet only gets 11 more boxes. feelsbadman

Kioshen

I'm honestly too depressed to do my calculations. Plus, they are considering adjusting things a little bit from the last part of the taunt announcement.

kirblar

I'm honestly too depressed to do my calculations. Plus, they are considering adjusting things a little bit from the last part of the taunt announcement.
The suggestion from Reddit to multiply your next X normal boxes until you catch up (and give you all the rare/epic/hero boxes you should have gotten right off the bat) is pretty fantastic. Encourages you to keep playing while not screwing anyone over.

Alur

That was an interesting suggestion. I doubt they'd implement it, but it's a neat idea nonetheless.

At this point I'd cede the loot box argument if they'd simply release this patch sometime before the end of the month. The waiting is killing me.

scoobs

Ya a month long beta test for this patch seems extreme. It's basically more skins, and emojis. Once you test the loot system works I really don't see what there is to be testing so long for

Kioshen

Why depressed?

Well it's mostly because I'll see how so few crates I'll get but at the same see how many crates I'll miss because I leveled a bunch of heroes evenly. If this is what blizzard will give in compensation so be it but I'm just a little bummed about it.

The suggestion from Reddit to multiply your next X normal boxes until you catch up (and give you all the rare/epic/hero boxes you should have gotten right off the bat) is pretty fantastic. Encourages you to keep playing while not screwing anyone over.

That's a nice suggestion indeed.

Alavard

This Azmodunk brawl wouldn't be so bad if the playerbase wasn't so dreadfully stupid. 26 min in, both teams are doing thousands of damage per black pooled dunk, and my team mates are dying trying to cap mercs. The idea that the mercs will all just die to a single dunk is lost on them. I finally just sniped the core on my own, gave up on trying to explain anything to them.

Alur

I know some disagree, but I am frankly amazed how awful they've done with making these brawls enjoyable. I really figured they'd knock this out of the park. It feels like it should've just been the Arena/pick 3 and that's just the mode. The map rotates, you do "x" number of games a week for gold, and they come up with something else for the rest.

I do want 2.0 out ASAP, but there's definitely bugs all in this build. Stats not showing in profile, animations bugged on certain skins, heroes wearing certain skins not showing up in MVP screen, certain skins being unable to use hotkeyed sprays, etc. I don't think they've updated it even once since it went live, though, right?

Top Bottom