• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Maledict

Changes are good.

I just played Gul'dan versus a Xul in Booty Bay, doing the top lane fandango, and actually beat him. Really chuffed with that, as Xul is such a monster in clearing those two lanes solo.

kirblar

Does this mean i can play whatever hero or do i still have to do lvl 8+ heroes
I think the trick is to now just NOT level any hero from 8->9 since you want to save the Hero Chest. Level heroes under 8 to 8, heroes over 8 you can keep playing.

Altairre

Changes are good.

I just played Gul'dan versus a Xul in Booty Bay, doing the top lane fandango, and actually beat him. Really chuffed with that, as Xul is such a monster in clearing those two lanes solo.

Gul'dan beats Xul there, especially early game. There was a McIntyre video not all that long ago where he found that out the hard way. Thought he could take him 1v1 and died.

Kioshen

April 25th.

EDIT: Alur, which spreadsheet did you use to calculate your new hero level? I need to do that to work out if I should be levelling anyone to meet the epic chest threshold...

You can use this one. It has been updated to keep up with the changes in info.

Veteran chest rewards have been improved.

This is quite a boost by Blizz. I would get 9 vet chests by my count. That's 9 legendary awards...so I'm guaranteed 9 shots at Prime Evil Diablo or at the very least 3600 shards.

This is quite a nice change and I'm ok with it. I'm honestly surprised by the measured response from them. April 25th can't some soon to HotS land honestly but just doing a quick glance at the bug report section of the forum it'll need some more baking to be completely ready.

Edit: Forgot to mention that yes that Leoric skin concept is still one of the best fan design out there.

Ketch

So a week before I leave for a month. Sweet.

Also @alur, are you saying that the event specific skins (cheerleader Kerrigan) are craftable? Is that the same for mounts/portraits? Like can you just craft a blizzcon mount? Or HL mount?

Milly79

I don't think you'll be able to craft the special stuff you really have to pay for (bc mounts) or stuff given from events. Could be wrong but...

kirblar

I don't think you'll be able to craft the special stuff you really have to pay for (bc mounts) or stuff given from events. Could be wrong but...
Yeah, the special rare drops like Blizzcon mounts for sure won't be craftable, they'll just be a nice RNG event.

Milly79

I heard the gold horse mount from gold league is on the chests. Gotta be the rarest item. Didn't even know it existed till bakery said something about it.

Alur

Also @alur, are you saying that the event specific skins (cheerleader Kerrigan) are craftable? Is that the same for mounts/portraits? Like can you just craft a blizzcon mount? Or HL mount?

That I don't know. I do know that on PTR, Cheerleader Kerrigan from Dorm is craftable and it's only an epic skin. Based on the podcasts I've listened to, seasonal loot boxes will be a thing but will be like Overwatch has been recently - you can craft anything in a seasonal box, but the cost will be doubled and you can only do so while an event is ongoing.

As for the Blizzcon/Nexus mounts and stuff, Milly and I tried this out. Some things I have from Blizzcon/other promotions and he doesn't, and none of those things were showing up in his collection as things he could craft so that's probably a no. There is one catch to that, however...

Bakery opened his PTR loot boxes and received the Gold Club World Championships golden horse mount in a box, and that was a promotion that was only given away at Gold Club in China this past December (or whenever it was). So apparently you can ACQUIRE these promotional items in boxes, but you can't CRAFT them.

Alavard

Bakery opened his PTR loot boxes and received the Gold Club World Championships golden horse mount in a box, and that was a promotion that was only given away at Gold Club in China this past December (or whenever it was). So apparently you can ACQUIRE these promotional items in boxes, but you can't CRAFT them.

I feel like this could change quickly once it goes live or could apply to only a very very few promotional items. It might even be unintended (them dropping from loot boxes at all I mean).

Maledict

They've said there won't be anything loot box exclusive. I think seasonal stuff will probably only appear in loot boxes or be craftable when the holiday for that season is up though.

Alur

what about the gold tiger from the retail box copy?

We both had that one so I don't know. You'd have to hop on PTR and see if it shows up if you don't have it to find out.

So like the Prime Evil Diablo skin. I thought this one was a loot box exclusive.

I've heard Prime Evil was loot box exclusive but thinking back, I crafted it myself on PTR so it isn't exactly loot box exclusive. I think it was meant more in the "won't be put up for purchase via gems" type of loot box exclusivity.

Kioshen

So I took the time to fill out a spreadsheet and my projected account level in Heroes 2.0 should be 370 if I don't level heroes any further. Guess I'll keep grinding those high levels heroes to make sure I hit account level 400 and get another legendary booty coffer.

Alur

So I took the time to fill out a spreadsheet and my projected account level in Heroes 2.0 should be 370 if I don't level heroes any further. Guess I'll keep grinding those high levels heroes to make sure I hit account level 400 and get another legendary booty coffer.

There's probably no way you're gonna eke out 30 more levels in the time you have left by leveling high level heroes. It would take you getting 6 heroes from level 9 to 10 at the easiest. Not sure it's worth it, plus what you'd lose out in equivalent experience just to get that one legendary (basically 30 levels worth of exp/30 loot boxes in 2.0).

Also, I'm looking at your account. Pretty sure your calculator is wrong too. You are level 412 on live. There's no way you can go backwards because everything 1-8 is still worth the same. Everything 9+ is worth more. You have 4 level 9's and 1 level 10. 4 level 9's gets you an extra 8 levels, and 1 level 10 gets you an extra 5 levels.

You should move forward 13 levels, not backwards 42 levels. You should already be over level 400 anyway. I think that calculator left out the same thing that the one Ketch found did.

Alur

Aren't we at 65 heroes now today? EDIT: Yeah, Cassia makes 65. Maledict's sheet shows it too.

This seems to work quite well and not require the maths you're talking about:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...E7lg5DyelvHJObGiPU0Epypfs8s/htmlview?sle=true

I just did your sheet. After inputting my data, it shows me at account level 625 (I'm actually 624) and my new total will be 902, getting all 55 epic boxes and 9 veteran boxes, plus the 5 common boxes for a total of 69.

I think Maledict's sheet here is as close as we're gonna get. It still doesn't jive by the math I added up (I got 922, for example), but it's at least not shorting people.

EDIT: Scratch that. It's also showing Kioshen going backwards. I think the way I suggested to do it is your best bet and it's not hard to do either.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Veteran loot chests mean that I should get a few levels on some heroes to push me over 400 before 2.0 launch.

Alur

Veteran loot chests mean that I should get a few levels on some heroes to push me over 400 before 2.0 launch.

You should make sure that your current levels = 2.0 levels is estimated correctly first. If you used one of those other sheets it's likely wrong. The one Maledict found will give you a more accurate picture. I don't have you on friends that I know of or I'd check yours myself. That one shorts you too. Best bet is to check your total account level and see what it is. Then see any heroes you have that are level 9 or above and add on the corresponding levels you will gain post patch.

Dice

You should make sure that your current levels = 2.0 levels is estimated correctly first. If you used one of those other sheets it's likely wrong. The one Maledict found will give you a more accurate picture. I don't have you on friends that I know of or I'd check yours myself.
Then I'm at account level 399. Seeing as how Sylv is almost to another level and Lucio is still level 1 (since I went to play console games after getting him) methinks it should be easy to secure.

Edit: But this calculator says my current level in my profile should say 422 but it says 417.

Celegus

I think the trick is to now just NOT level any hero from 8->9 since you want to save the Hero Chest. Level heroes under 8 to 8, heroes over 8 you can keep playing.

Am I good if they're one game away from getting level 9? Murky and Alarak are both right there.

Dice

The game says total hero level is 417, I have 14 lvl9s, 1 lvl10, and 1 lvl11. So I should be 455?

As long as I'm over 400 there is no pressure because I'm definitely not clearing 500 before launch.

Alur

14 9's gives you 2 extra levels x 14 = 28.

1 10 gives you 5 extra levels x 1 = 5.

1 11 gives you 9 extra x 1 = 9.

28+5+9 = 42

417 + 42 = 459 by my count.

Kioshen

There's probably no way you're gonna eke out 30 more levels in the time you have left by leveling high level heroes. It would take you getting 6 heroes from level 9 to 10 at the easiest. Not sure it's worth it, plus what you'd lose out in equivalent experience just to get that one legendary (basically 30 levels worth of exp/30 loot boxes in 2.0).

Also, I'm looking at your account. Pretty sure your calculator is wrong too. You are level 412 on live. There's no way you can go backwards because everything 1-8 is still worth the same. Everything 9+ is worth more. You have 4 level 9's and 1 level 10. 4 level 9's gets you an extra 8 levels, and 1 level 10 gets you an extra 5 levels.

You should move forward 13 levels, not backwards 42 levels. You should already be over level 400 anyway. I think that calculator left out the same thing that the one Ketch found did.

The calculator is right. I have a bunch of heroes that are level 7 and below that are going backwards because of the scaling changes. Level 1 to 7 is really not the same amount of XP anymore. If you look at the progression video you can see that the start of the curse is steeper than 1.0. So all those low leveled heroes actually are going backwards.

Alur

The calculator is right. I have a bunch of heroes that are level 7 and below that are going backwards because of the scaling changes. Level 1 to 7 is really not the same amount of XP anymore. If you look at the progression video you can see that the start of the curse is steeper than 1.0. So all those low leveled heroes actually are going backwards.

No. No heroes go backwards. At all. No one loses any levels. If you have a 4 now, it stays a 4, even though the curve has changed. That's in the blog post and the video IIRC.

EDIT: From the initial post breaking down 2.0:

Blizzard said:
Since we increased XP requirements for lower levels, some of your lower level Heroes may see adjustments as well. However, you will never lose any Hero levels. Instead, these Heroes will now be set to the amount of XP required to reach that same progression in the same level they attained before.

Example: said:
A Hero who had progressed 50% into level 3 prior to the patch will not be adjusted down to level 2 in the new system. Instead, that Hero will remain at level 3 with 50% of the XP needed to get to level 4.

As I said, level 1-8 stays the same. Level 9+ adds more levels, so there is no fucking way for you to go backwards.

Kioshen

Like I said in chat, I skipped over that part where they said heroes wouldn't go backward. I thought that collectively reddit would at least get one spreadsheet right but I was sorely mistaken it seems. So I'm over 400 levels so that's fine by me. Will just practice mechanics until then I suppose.

Dice

Finally got Magni Muradin. I literally played him to level 8 just to get 3rd tint of his base skin, but the horns on his helmet always looked stupid to me.

Also grabbed the Li-Ming skin. What is her design influenced by? The second tint definitely reminds me of Enchantress overall, yet also a color-inverse Starfire. 3rd tint vaguely recalls the old Jem cartoon. 1st tint should be the most obvious "reference" but it doesn't ring any bells.

kirblar

Finally got Magni Muradin. I literally played him to level 8 just to get 3rd tint which looks better to me, but the horns on his helmet always looked stupid to me.

Also grabbed the Li-Ming skin. What is her design influenced by? The second tint definitely reminds me of Enchantress overall, yet also a color-inverse Starfire. 3rd tint vaguely recalls the old Jem cartoon. 1st tint should be the most obvious "reference" but it doesn't ring any bells.
....she is the one named Sailor Moon?

scoobs

It's Scoobs, who speaks in only in absolutes. He plays 3 games of QM with multiple heroes and claims they're dumb, OP, etc. Do we want new players seeing that? So when they go in and get right fucked then it's all Scoobs fault?

Seriously though, I'm done arguing with him. It's pointless and his opinion is the only right in this world, apparently.
I haven't responded to a single thing you've said, I'm not sure we are arguing so much as you're kind of just yelling at a wall.

Has it really been 3 weeks since Probius? Fuck time flies. I am debating if I should bother buying her or just wait to inevitably get her out of one of my 65 loot boxes.

scoobs

Cassia**

Probius could be a lady probe though, we don't know lol. I honestly don't think I'll ever play Probius.

Ketch

I haven't responded to a single thing you've said, I'm not sure we are arguing so much as you're kind of just yelling at a wall.

Has it really been 3 weeks since Probius? Fuck time flies. I am debating if I should bother buying her or just wait to inevitably get her out of one of my 65 loot boxes.

I'm saving my gold for rerolls. Probably gonna get all my missing heroes from boxes. *crosses fingers*

scoobs

So is that the strategy for dumping your gold now? How are you going to buy new heroes when they come out? I guess real money still works.

Top Bottom