• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

High-Res (1280x1024) In-Game Screens of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (56k HELL NO)

ManaByte

Gold Member
LethNuraeNight_1600.jpg

Arenabattle_1600.jpg

LethNurae3_1600.jpg

Fist shots of the interface they have set up right now. The city shots on the official site look A LOT like Qeynos in EverQuest II: The Cure for Insomnia.

Hey! I've got a great idea for a game! Let's make a completely generic MMORPG with uninspired art and a blanld list of features that has been done time and time again for the past 10 years... umm lets call it <insert generic fantasy name here>! Woohoo!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
I am interested simply for the Brad McQuaid factor. Keep in mind people, Brad is responsible for EQs glory years - not what EQ is today.

However... right now I have a desire to play nothing but World of Warcraft. =/

ManaByte

Gold Member
MrCheez said:
I am interested simply for the Brad McQuaid factor. Keep in mind people, Brad is responsible for EQs glory years - not what EQ is today.

However... right now I have a desire to play nothing but World of Warcraft. =/

I think Vanguard is still a ways off. It'll probably be the first Third-Generation MMORPG with Mythic's Imperator being the second.

If your confused what I mean...

First Gen MMORPGs:
Ultima Online
EverQuest
Dark Age of Camelot
Lineage
Asheron's Call 1 and 2
Anarchy Online
Earth and Beyond
Horizons
World of Warcraft*

Second Gen MMORPGs:
Star Wars Galaxies
EverQuest II
EVE Online
City of Heroes
Lineage II
The Matrix Online

Third Gen MMORPGs:
Vanguard: Legacy of Heroes
Imperator
Middle Earth Online
Dungeons and Dragons Online
Star Trek Online
Unannounced SOE MMORPG

*WoW is still considered first generation due to its super long development time as development on the game started well before EQ was released.

*WoW is still considered first generation due to its super long development time as development on the game started well before EQ was released.

What? This is total bullshit. WoW started when they released Shadows of Luclin for EQ.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Littleberu said:
What? This is total bullshit. WoW started when they released Shadows of Luclin for EQ.

Nope. Development on World of Warcraft started in late 1998/early 1999. Blizzard works on their games for a LONG time. There are unannounced things in development that probably won't even be announced for another two or three years and they've been working on them for a while now.

madara

looks awesome. Shame you avoided the pics that really show it off. But unlike others that posted in this thread, I realize this is mmorpg, graphics cant look like ES4. Its all in gameplay and that is where it will trounce watered down kiddie mmorpgs of last few years. Thier site and forum is one of the fansinating places to visit on net.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
belgurdo said:
I Can't Believe It's A Generic Fantasy MMORPG! ™

I like-a my fantasy.

Of course I like style too... but hell, if it ends up being fun and immersive, sign me up.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Not to be one to start shit, but I can't help but think you sorta shortchanged the game with some of those screens you chose . . .

The screens I posted are the only ones with the interface up and are not just landscape shots.

Top Bottom