• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hip Gear to release Bluetooth Wireless controller (XBL compatible)!!!

KarishBHR

2_LM616_d.jpg

Hip Interactive Corp. announced today that its Hip Gear line of accessory products is introducing a new wireless controller with headset, which will be fully compatible for Xbox online gaming. Branded as XB-Comm, the 2.4 GHz wireless controller with headset featuring Bluetooth Wireless Technology incorporates the latest in voice technology and auto-channel scanning for maximum signal strength, giving gamers the ultimate interference-free gaming experience. The XB-Comm Wireless Controller with Bluetooth Wireless Technology is expected to ship in October 2004.

KarishBHR

# Plug your Headset with Microphone into the Controller and you're all set for online gaming (Online gaming subscription not included)
# Up to 10 meter (30 foot) range
# Headset can be switched for use with left or right ear
# Auto channel scanning for maximum signal strength
# Turbo fire
# Dual Vibration Feedback motors let you feel all of the action
# Power Saving Mode
# Super Long Playing Time - Up to 50 hours (with vibration deactivated)
# Fully analog buttons
# Twin 3D rubberized analog sticks for precise control
# Low Battery Warning Indicator
# 4AA batteries included
# Rubberized Grips are easy on your hands during long gaming sessions
# Expansion port for Memory Cards

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
There is already a wireless Live compatible controller. and it looks nicer too.

expensive though

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I soooooo fuks w/ bluetooth. The range won't be that of a wavebird me thinks.

Woah. 4 AA batteries? No charger? No thanks.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Controller looks ugly. $100 for wireless? No thanks

The controller cord is long enough for me

M3wThr33

Banned
*ugh*
$100 for that?

Anybody know how strict licenses are for making game controllers?
I'm just wondering why these companies haven't made Xbox controllers with better placement of the b/w/start/back buttons. Does MS need to approve it?

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
I'm probably looking into this:

SpeakerCom.jpg

SpeakerCom.jpg

Cut the cord, free your head, and be heard! The SpeakerCom for Xbox Live is the ideal headset alternative. The unit combines a self-muting microphone for privacy, and a volume-controlled speaker so everyone in the room can hear what's going on in the game. The focused microphone picks up no ambient background noise, and the crisp loudspeaker produces clear sound without feedback, providing better sound quality then the traditional headset. With its innovative design, the SpeakerCom mounts to your existing Xbox Live Adapter, and plugs into any Xbox Controller with 2 expansion ports. No batteries or software installation required. Compatible with all voice-enabled Xbox Live games, the SpeakerCom is the best voice chat solution for gamers who desire to be free of wires, headsets, and headaches.

SpeakerCom™ for Xbox Live™ Features:

Ideal headset alternative
Speaker and microphone unit attaches directly to your controller and Xbox Live Communicator
SpeakerCom enables other players in the same room to speak and listen
No misplaced headset to look for, no messy wires to untangle
Plug and play - no installation or setup
No more ear discomfort from headsets
High quality components for great sound quality