• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Sniper Challenge |OT| 1 Target, 14 Guards, 15 Minutes

BibiMaghoo

hitman_sniper_challenge.jpg

Hitman Sniper Challenge is the pre-order bonus for Novembers Hitman : Absolution. It is a stand alone title where points are awarded for completion of the mission within the time given, and with bonus points for style. The purpose of the game is to reach the best possible score and top the leaderboards. Unlocks are awarded for each points milestone, and these unlocks are carried through to Hitman Absolution.

Trailer

The game also has 14 challenges to complete within the level. Each challenge once completed adds a permanent modifier to your score.

Challenges

1) Oh Mine God - Activate 10 landmines
2) Leap of the Ninja - Put the ninja out of his misery.
3) No pigeons were harmed - Take out the pigeons
4) Bored Chipmunk - Find the chipmunk left out from the party
5) Long live the patriot - Knockout the punch bag
6) Gnome invasion - Find and takeout the Gnomes
7) Elevated - Give a guard a free elevator ride
8) It's a trap! - Stop the party getting more alcohol
9) Rapid execution - Finish the assignment in under 2 minutes 30 seconds
10) Crack all eggs - Kill all targets with headshots
11) Wow! - Remove the evidence of a stripper
12) Mr . X - Find the mistery man
13) Fly by prevented - shoot the flying pigeon
14) Rub the duck - Find and takeout the ducks

Unlocks

Controlled Breathing 1,2 & 3
Extended Clip 1,2 & 3
Magazine Well 1,2 & 3
Rapid Fire Bolt 1,2 & 3

Additional Points

Extra points are awarded for a number of different methods. Each methods points value increases each time the same method is used.

Headshots
Moving Head / Body shots
Running Head / Body shots
Hidden Body
Combo Kills (multiple kills with a single shot)
Silent Assassin (Doubles end score if no guards are alerted)
Killstreaks (will add an increasing mofidier for each kill made within 8 seconds of the previous kill)

If guards are alerted, they will attempt to flee the area. Each guard that escapes will prevent score from being gained. Once all have fled the game ends.

Notes

UK GAFers can get this game for free by heading to a Gamestation store. They are taking free pre-orders and will give you a copy of the game when you pre-order.

The game comes inside a disc case but has no disc. Instead a code is inside which can only be redeamed at http://hitmansniper.com/ You will then be given a download code for your choice of platform. It is around 800Mb in size.

Screens
hitmansca2jpg-8cdb0f_640w.jpg
hitmansca1jpg-8cdb0e_640w.jpg

I didn't see any thread for the actual game, and a fair amount of people have it now. I've had a blast playing it, and quite honestly it has raised my hopes for Absolution hugely. I thought maybe we could get a GAF scoreboard going, if anyone is interested. Also, forgive my failure to match the epic standards of other OT threads that appear on this forum frequently. This is my first, so I hope it is ok.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
There's no way to get this without preordering, right? I always enjoy sniper challenges like this but I've never played a Hitman game before so I'm wary about preordering.

BibiMaghoo

There's no way to get this without preordering, right? I always enjoy sniper challenges like this but I've never played a Hitman game before so I'm wary about preordering.

Currently, that is the case. I was fortunate enough to go into Gamestation where they are throwing them a customers with free pre-orders.

I would imagine that it may hit digital stores at some point, but I have nothing to base this on other than the feeling that it would be a real waste of a game. I think they will either give this away or sell it.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
This is one of the times that I hate that the country I'm from doesn't have official stuff like this. I might go in and check it out over the weekend, but I do they have anything like this. :(

Hopefully, some people in GAF will have a few codes here and there that they'd be willing to part with.

For those who've played this, any good?

BibiMaghoo

Hopefully, some people in GAF will have a few codes here and there that they'd be willing to part with.

For those who've played this, any good?

It would be great if someone on GAF could get some codes. Otherwise, Amazon offer this with Pre-orders, they send you the code 24 hours after you place the order. I don't know when Amazon take the money for them, but you could order it for the challenge then cancel the order if you don't like the game, I assume.

I have had fun with it, put maybe 8 -10 hours into this trying to better my score, and do all the challenges. They are not to hard with a guide, but without one they are pretty difficult to find. The real challenge is in hiding all the bodies in various different ways, without being seen doing it.

More points if you can do this with headshots while they are moving around. The game has some smart ways to take people out that feel like something from an older Hitman game, it shares the same style.

Some people may not be happy with some things though...

I have already seen people unhappy with the 'hitman vision' which allows you to see through walls. You also have a form of bullet time, when gently sqeezing the trigger. This allows more precise aim, but only lasts for a few seconds at a time.

Is this a download or a disc you pick up when you pre-order?

It comes in a disc case but is a code for download. If ordered from Amazon it says they just send you the code.

I'm curious as to why they wouldn't release this to everyone, as a demo I suppose, before the retail version ships.
I think it'll become a free demo after the release. Marketing it as a pre-order exclusive just makes the cost of developing it more palatable. It's up on Steam publicly which makes me think it will become available.

I can't believe people would enjoy this kind of filth after what happened in Aurora.

While that was a horrible tragedy, how can you link this to that?

Most people can differentiate between violence in an entertainment medium and real life - I know real violence doesn't even come into my mind when I'm playing a game.

acm2000

you can download and play this without preordering quite easy, just head over to digiex, download, inject into thumb drive, play, its pretty dull tho

I can't believe people would enjoy this kind of filth after what happened in Aurora.

I'm still sensitive to the tragedy of what happened in Colorado, but you're seriously tripping balls hard if you connect this pre-order sniper game with a cowardly massacre.

You're a part of a forum where the main focus is 85% gun related. Go to every other thread that has something to do with shooting something with this crap and lets see how far you get.

waypoetic

Banned
"To redeem your code you need to login with your Square Enix membership or register"

No thanks.

Anyone want a code? EU only.

BibiMaghoo

I never pre-order, but they got me this time. I'm going to pre-order this today. Looks really interesting.

It's worth a look just for this little game. I was not sure if I would buy hitman before playing it. Now, I will certainly being picking up my pre-order.

BibiMaghoo

how is it piracy? its a free demo, completely drm free on the market

It is not a demo. It is a stand alone title. This will not be in Hitman Absolution, only the things you unlock.

We do not know at this point if they will be charging in future for this game. It may well happen, and that makes it piracy, does it not?

It is not a demo. It is a stand alone title. This will not be in Hitman Absolution, only the things you unlock.

We do not know at this point if they will be charging in future for this game. It may well happen, and that makes it piracy, does it not?

It's a preorder bonus that's being given away free with (free) preorders I believe.

I doubt they're going to charge for this, ever.

Lothars

They won't charge for this, this is a standalone add on if anything.

BibiMaghoo

It's a preorder bonus that's being given away free with (free) preorders I believe.

I doubt they're going to charge for this, ever.

It is currently only available as a pre-order, I have said already I think they will either sell it or give it away, but I do not think it will remain pre-order only.

Eitherway, saying it's a free demo is wrong. It may be free one day, but we don't know that.

acm2000

its a demo, it even lists itself as much on your console, and hence no achievements, not on your activity list etc, it will never be sold, its not a "game", and if it was a addon/standalone, it would be drm protected like normal preorder/store bonuses

it appears doing it this way, saves them lots of money, unlike other hidden xbla games for this sort of deal, those can be sold, this cant

You are so far beyond stupid I am not even sure how to respond.

As for the game? I think it is a lot of fun and really well designed. I am hitting a sort of plateau at around 1.8 Million points, but I know a LOT more is possible. Doing all the little extras and then finding different ways to hide the bodies is a blast. Both my girl and I have had a lot of fun with this thing.

BibiMaghoo

its a demo, it even lists itself as much on your console, and hence no achievements, not on your activity list etc, it will never be sold, its not a "game", and if it was a addon/standalone, it would be drm protected like normal preorder/store bonuses

it appears doing it this way, saves them lots of money, unlike other hidden xbla games for this sort of deal, those can be sold, this cant

It is not a demo on my console, it is a game. The case even states it is a stand alone title.

A demo would be from Hitman Absolution. This is not.

Orca

I pre-ordered the game a year ago with the Futureshop $40 on E3 game deals, but never got a code or anything. I wonder if it didn't apply to their pre-orders or if it was too early or something.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Interesting. Is this a good indication of how the game will run or do you just shoot from a rooftop?

It's just aiming on a roof, so I don't think it's indicative of much aside from how the graphics look in general.

The challenge itself is actually really fun. Great preorder bonus.

It is not a demo on my console, it is a game. The case even states it is a stand alone title.

If they were going to charge for it, wouldn't it make more sense for them to do that at the start like now?

Who's going to pay for a preorder minigame once the full retail title is out?

ElPistolero

Neo Member
it's a great idea if they work hard on it and make a great simulator of assassination by sniper!i remember Hitman 1,the first stage.we had to kill a chinese by sniper!it was one of the great exprience of killing by sniper in games on that time :)

acm2000

its a demo on everyones console, go look, my games>sort demos, oh look, there it is, this "game" is published as a demo, hence free, hence no drm

BibiMaghoo

If they were going to charge for it, wouldn't it make more sense for them to do that at the start like now?

Who's going to pay for a preorder minigame once the full retail title is out?

There is plenty of precedent for games to later sell pre-order bonuses as DLC. Off the top of my head, Deus Ex did it, as did Battelfield 3.

I am simply not ruling out the possibility this may happen.

acm2000

There is plenty of precedent for games to later sell pre-order bonuses as DLC. Off the top of my head, Deus Ex did it, as did Battelfield 3.

I am simply not ruling out the possibility this may happen.

those were actual certified dlc etc, this, is not, only way they could sell this is if they tried to get it on xbla, which they wont be able too, only reason they even got it up as is, is because its up as a demo

Top Bottom