• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Sniper Challenge |OT| 1 Target, 14 Guards, 15 Minutes

Syriel

There's no way to get this without preordering, right? I always enjoy sniper challenges like this but I've never played a Hitman game before so I'm wary about preordering.

This is pre-order only. Square's marketing department won't even let PR give out extra codes for contests/giveaways. The folks over there are pretty firm that the only official way to get it is via pre-order.

I think it'll become a free demo after the release. Marketing it as a pre-order exclusive just makes the cost of developing it more palatable. It's up on Steam publicly which makes me think it will become available.

The future can always change, but when this hit consoles a few months ago the line was firm in that Sniper Challenge won't ever be sold.

It is not a demo. It is a stand alone title. This will not be in Hitman Absolution, only the things you unlock.

We do not know at this point if they will be charging in future for this game. It may well happen, and that makes it piracy, does it not?

It's a demo if you're talking about how it is classified on consoles.

It's not a demo if you're talking about content as it is a standalone title.

It is not a snippet of the main game. The story is separate. The level is separate. If you just play Absolution, you will never see this content.

The main reason it is a "demo" is for cost reasons. Demos avoid licensing fees that full "games" have to pay. I've got a few PSone white label "demos" that are full games, yet still labeled as demos for that sole reason. A publisher handing out those "demos" could save some scratch as they weren't paying the first party tax on games that they weren't selling.

For a "demo" though it has leaderboards, achievement-like goals and the ability to save your progress. Not bad for a freebie. ;)

Oh, and how many "demos" are actually rated on Metacritic?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Nice. Doesn't look like it's available anymore for some reason. Oh well.

No. It still is. Pre-order the game, then go back to the shop site and click on "Play Now". After that it should start downloading.

5555555sjxym.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Nope, no purchase options. Went to other games pages to make sure I wasn't losing my mind.
The same happens to me. Can't find Sniper Challenge on Steam, and can't preorder Absolution. May be a region lock, I guess.

Edit: nvm, just entered the shop from my web browser instead of the Steam client and they appeared fine (both the game and the preorder button).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Nope, no purchase options. Went to other games pages to make sure I wasn't losing my mind.

I just looked at the steam forums, you're not alone with this problem. That's really strange.

luffeN

Sorry for the bump, but is anyone playing this? I was wondering if we could exchange tactics and such. I am at 2 million points.

BibiMaghoo

Sorry for the bump, but is anyone playing this? I was wondering if we could exchange tactics and such. I am at 2 million points.

Hide every body except for 1, and killing everyone with moving headshots will bag you a cool 3 mill, thats the best I have managed lol. Someone managed 6 million, though I have no idea how.

shuri

Banned
I can't believe people would enjoy this kind of filth after what happened in Aurora.
Agent 47 is a professional killer who kills extreme scumbags; killing random people always leads to harsh situations and in the previous games, made each level after that harder and harder for the player.

The Aurora guy was just a psycho who randomly shot people.

Agent 47 is a professional killer who kills extreme scumbags; killing random people always leads to harsh situations and in the previous games, made each level after that harder and harder for the player.

The Aurora guy was just a psycho who randomly shot people.
Lol will you dummies please stop feeding the troll?

dreamfall

Hold on- if you pre-order from Steam, you do get the Sniper challenge?! I was holding out because I wasn't sure if I had to order it from Gamestop/Amazon or something.

luffeN

BibiMaghoo

I tried it like he did, but I don't have all the bullets yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oswwzvRYfY&feature=player_embedded

Edit: I pre-ordered it ages ago at GMG and I suddenly had the key in my inventory at GMG without an email or anything.

That's a good run, but quite complex for the score. You get the most points for stringing all the kills together, and many players wait a good few minutes for everyone to get into position before starting.

I start as soon as the level opens, string 4 together, wait a moment, then can string another 4 kills etc.

You will need all the unlocks for the best score, but you will get them easy practicing your technique.

The highest scores from what I can tell DO ALL WAIT until a good few minutes have passed before starting, then clear all targets in one go.

dmr87

Fun little event, performance is great so I have high hopes for the full game. 1440p maxed out on a overclocked 670, not breaking a sweat. Hope that is consistent over the full game.

BibiMaghoo

I have a spare code for this after pre ordering the deluxe edition today. I believe it can be redeemed for any platform.

Pm me if anyone wants it.

decaf

Wondering what the best tactic for this is to rack up points for unlockables. I'm aware some folks are getting around 2m, but I'm assuming that takes 10 mins or so, plus frustration if you screw up. I'm averaging 700k if I blitz it in two minutes. Am I best off continuing to do that? Also can anyone vouch for the last three upgrades actually being useful?

Top Bottom