• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOLY **** @ Pirates of the XXI Century

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I don't know nothing about DIOsoft but this looks faptastic.

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=19571&mode=thread&order=0

il_Pirates_of_XXI_shot_10.jpg

il_Pirates_of_XXI_shot_02.jpg

il_Pirates_of_XXI_shot_06.jpg

il_Pirates_of_XXI_shot_01.jpg

Blockbusting storyline, which however allows gamer spend lots of time exploring outward things.
Near 30 types of weapon, including special ones for underwater operations.
A lot of underwater, marine, ground and air transport.
Chance to join the story as a member of Hong Kong’s triads, nowadays pirates or soldiers of US Special Forces.
Huge unified playing level, interactive environment.
Swimming, crawling, quadrupeds and the most dangerous, two-legged predators.
Serious and redoubtable AI opponents.

Applicability for open and closed spaces.
Hi-detailed graphic using all the features of the cutting edge video-cards (nVidia GeForce 6800 and ATI X800).
High detailed objects and textures.
Dynamic reflection of all environments from the water surface.
Three-dimensional sound, using EAX 4.0 effects from Creative Labs.
Special mode for the underwater representation.
Dynamic shadows only.
Realistic physical modeling for all object types.
Real-time physics with solid body dynamics.
Inertia, acceleration, damping and application of force.

Note to Rockstar: Stop fucking around with Renderware and get a license of this engine.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wow, lools superb technically. Looks like you'll need a DX9 card as a minimum for this game (i.e. I doubt it scales very well). Also looks to be more technology than game now..but fingers crossed it emerges in good shape.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It is a russian game, I am not expecting nothing really good aside from its graphics (and that goes for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. too)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Funky Papa said:
It is a russian game, I am not expecting nothing really good aside from its graphics (and that goes for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. too)

They're in the Ukraine, actually. That's a terrible bias :p Give them the benefit of the doubt until you've played some of the company's games (or at least until you see some reviews ;) ).

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I have the very bad habit of calling russian every country from the ex-soviet union, sorry :p

Give them the benefit of the doubt
I'd love to give them that benefit, but there is an awful lot of terrible games coming from that part of the world :(

Phoenix

Fleming said:
Thats how i imagine next gen GTA

Actually I would imagine a next-gen GTA to look a lot better than that. The lighting model is very plain -almost non-existant, the art is very plain outside of the people characters, the water doesn't actually look like water (Morrowinds water model looked better), I expect a real sky to to be modelled in everything next gen - not some sphere mapped sky that never changes.

Outside of the people characters - I expect much more (and have seen much more) from next generation caps.

Meier

Funky Papa said:

I sat through the 15-minute demonstration and then played LAN multiplayer at E3 for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and trust me, it doesn't disappoint. Fucking incredible game.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
It's been said, but outside of the character models and the water, I don't see anything impressive.

Also the game should be about some sort of time flux bringing hundreds of pirate ships from the past into our time.

Meier

teepo said:
horrible art.

I cant tell if this is one of those let's all joke about any western games having bad art or if its serious. If it's the latter, a big wtf? from me.

Redbeard

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
Also the game should be about some sort of time flux bringing hundreds of pirate ships from the past into our time.

Or perhaps an alternate history game where pirates rule the seas in gigantic warships

shuri

Banned
This is what the gta that's coming out in november should have been about, instead of the trendy, crowd pleasing gangsta theme

shuri said:
This is what the gta that's coming out in november should have been about, instead of the trendy, crowd pleasing gangsta theme

And at the sametime, kill GTA's popularity with one swift blow.

epmode

shuri said:
jesus. when are some of you going to get over that? how is a mafia-styled game (gta3,) somehow not trendy and crowd-pleasing?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
For Example?

Firestarter
Codename: Outbreak
Hoverace
Battle Mages
Fair Strike
Midnight Nowhere
RED SHARK

Just to name a few horrible games. There are certain exceptions (like Sturmovik, which is awesome), but most of the games that comes from eastern europe are rather mediocre when not bad.

Phoenix

shuri said:

I'm not the first one to say that I'm a GTA fan, but it would be silly to NOT make a crowd pleasing game :)

teepo

Meier said:
I cant tell if this is one of those let's all joke about any western games having bad art or if its serious. If it's the latter, a big wtf? from me.

it looks boring and stale. the coloring sucks, the models suck, the enviorment suck... everything looks like shit. having lots of polygons and dx9 filters don't make a game pretty.

epmode

teepo said:
it looks boring and stale. the coloring sucks, the models suck, the enviorment suck... everything looks like shit. having lots of polygons and dx9 filters don't make a game pretty.
you're 100% right.

and for the record, stalker looks 234.3 times better than this.

Pimpbaa

teepo said:

How in the hell do the models suck? They look like real people, ugly people, but still look awesome.

pestul

teepo said:
The models are great, the water is great and the rest of the environment is beautiful. The game might suck, but you certainly can't knock the graphics.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
The environment looks crap. Especially compared to the other parts of the game.

Actually the third pic is pretty good, it's the other two which are letting it down.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
these arent pirates. Unless there are peg legs, eye patches, birds on shoulders and people using the word avast, it doesnt count.

Also, they should ad ninjas.

Top Bottom