• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shit. BRAND NEW APC album November 2nd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
from APC.net:

OK, I'd really rather sit on this one until I have all the details nailed down, but I have to let you guys know that I might have been wrong to call the new album rumors bullshit. Virgin has basically confirmed that, despite logic, a genuine new album by A Perfect Circle is to be released November 2nd, along with a remix album and the live DVD. I have no idea how this is possible, but the more I look into it, the more it seems like it's somehow true. Maynard and Billy are both contractually obligated for one more APC record under Virgin, but Maynard is hard at work recording with Tool, and Billy already has a lot of work planned for this summer, personally and professionally. I expect some hardcore speculation as this news circulates, but I'll do all that i can to separate fact from fiction and keep you all informed. More on this to come.

Fuck me. Entirely remixed Thirteenth Step, a live DVD, and a brand new cd? Sweet jesus.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
well there is definitely an entire remix of thirteenth step(done with APC and Danny Lohner of NIN) and a live dvd coming out. those are confirmed.

Diablos

That's Virgin Records for ya. They SUCK, they did the same kind of thing to the Pumpkins. They wanted seven albums in like three to five years or something crazy like that. They refused, and said they're rather take more time off in between records for better material. So Virgin sued their asses for millions of dollars. Looks like James Iha is ready for round 2. He knows how to deal with Virgin, he did it in the past; hopefully he'll tell APC to take the similar approach and try to work around it.

Thirteenth Step was really really bad compared to Mer de Noms IMO; if anything, APC needs more time off to come up with better songs. Then again, maybe this will keep Maynard from recording? As cool as he may be to all of you, APC is Howerdel's band, and it would be nice if he actually sang on one of his albums. :p

"Sera of Names." Cute. :D

Dujour

Banned
Writers don't always make good singers. Ever hear of the Smashing Pumpkins? hah :p Maynard's greater gravity pulls you into these topics whether you like it or not. I've always dug his voice and ideologies. Of the two bald Billies, I choose Howerdel and you should too!

Diablos

Serafitia said:
Writers don't always make good singers. Ever hear of the Smashing Pumpkins? hah :p Maynard's greater gravity pulls you into these topics whether you like it or not. I've always dug his voice and ideologies. Of the two bald Billies, I choose Howerdel and you should too!

WTF has Howerdel done that's more important than Corgan's work? Nothing. I didn't wanna say anything trollish, but you started it babe. :p "Greater gravity?" For hating Corgan so much you talk almost as pretentious as he did in some of his songs. :D Haha.

PS - Quality of music and lyrics in an alternative/rock/prog/punk/etc. song > vocal quality. If you want good vocals listen to good pop, folk or fucking opera. Corgan might sound like a cat getting hit with a metal baseball bat inside a paper bag sometimes, but the quality of his songs and lyrics made up for it, especially live.

Diablos

Throw your motherfuckin' hands in the motherfuckin' air. Like ya just don't motherfuckin' care ya piece of SHIT! Come on! Get on your feet! DO SOMETHINNNNGGG! Yeah, oh yeah. Come on.

Hahaha.

Diablos

Meh all you want, SP >> APC. Let's compare second albums. Thirteenth Step vs. Siamese Dream, or bland wannabe goth rock vs. perfection. Poor James Iha. Maybe he will make their third album good.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I hope this happens. 13 step was great. (although not quite as great as mer de noms now all the new shinyness has worn off)

Oh hi Diablos, good to see you made it to another APC thread.

BuddyC

nice to see this has degraded into the eltist circle jerk i expected it to.

back on topic, there was once a mer de noms remix album planned as well, but that ended up falling through with the mixes making it out through a variety of means.

i'm always eager to hear more of lohner's work, so no complaints there. another album? meh. live dvd? meh.

Diablos

BuddyChrist83 said:
nice to see this has degraded into the eltist circle jerk i expected it to.

back on topic, there was once a mer de noms remix album planned as well, but that ended up falling through with the mixes making it out through a variety of means.

i'm always eager to hear more of lohner's work, so no complaints there. another album? meh. live dvd? meh.
Hey dode, don't look at me. I enjoy APC. Just not their latest album. That's IT.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Fact: APC recorded 31 songs while recording 13th Step. We can expect another 12-14 songs from the next record, and possibly see 2-3 as b-sides. The rest will just get canned.

Dead

well not really...yet
Hopefully its better than the last one. Stupid fucking filler and weak ass songs that go nowhere do not a good album make. Mer De Noms was great tho, so well see.

Diablos

AlphaSnake said:
Fact: APC recorded 31 songs while recording 13th Step. We can expect another 12-14 songs from the next record, and possibly see 2-3 as b-sides. The rest will just get canned.

Well then... fact: Chances are the rest of them are stupid, too. I wish you didn't post that, now I'm really let down. Hopefully the potential songs will be released as b-sides instead. And that's pretty lame to leave James Iha hanging like that since he won't be recording any tracks for the NEXT album, as this confirms. I guess it'll just be more of the same bland crap from APC. What a stupid route they are heading down. They should have just called it quits after Paz left the band to sleep with everyone in Zwan.

AlphaSnake

Diablos said:
Well then... fact: Chances are the rest of them are stupid, too. I wish you didn't post that, now I'm really let down. Hopefully the potential songs will be released as b-sides instead. And that's pretty lame to leave James Iha hanging like that since he won't be recording any tracks for the NEXT album, as this confirms. I guess it'll just be more of the same bland crap from APC. What a stupid route they are heading down. They should have just called it quits after Paz left the band to sleep with everyone in Zwan.

Somehow I doubt it. Billy is very likely going to cut the filler bullshit out of the supposed 3rd album. What made 13th Step annoying is the fucking bullshit that they crammed into it. I love APC and I like 13th Step, but I absolutely hate the fillers and how slow some of the songs are. To me, 13th Step is more like a 7 track EP.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Diablos is gonna hate this new cd no matter what, because Alpha hinted it may be already recorded tracks.
If Iha had input on the album though, it would be amazing.

tt_deeb

Eminem said:
Diablos is gonna hate this new cd no matter what, because Alpha hinted it may be already recorded tracks.
If Iha had input on the album though, it would be amazing.

Also keep in mind Maynard chose the tracks to go onto Thirteenth Step. I'm sure Howerdel has some "heavier" stuff. You can't just go from Mer De Noms to all mellow stuff as far as writing style goes.

Diablos

I'm not going to absolutely love it if Iha contributes, I'm just saying he could make some of the songs much better. If Alpha's news is any indication, APC have settled for a sound that I simply don't like.

Diablos

I guess time will tell, won't it? I could care less in the meantime, it's not like APC is one of my favorite bands.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I like 13th Step better. I much prefer the more mellow pieces to their heavier songs (the ones most of you call boring, I guess), although I do like some of their heavier songs as well (Judith, for example).

On Mer De Noms, I had to lay on the skip button after 3 Libras until Thinking of You. On 13th Step, I only skip Lullaby/Pet.

AlphaSnake

human5892 said:
I like 13th Step better. I much prefer the more mellow pieces to their heavier songs (the ones most of you call boring, I guess), although I do like some of their heavier songs as well (Judith, for example).

On Mer De Noms, I had to lay on the skip button after 3 Libras until Thinking of You. On 13th Step, I only skip Lullaby/Pet.

Pet is the best song off of 13th Step. You suck.

Mer De Noms is great, I love the damn album, but 13th Step is just...decent, there's nothing particuarly remarkable about it. Even worse, it's almost leaning towards nu metal...perhaps a tad harsh but you know what I mean. And its production was simply too slick; it is not the production of a rock record and, to my mind, took the rawness out of the sound. Here's hoping the next album is a return to form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom