• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shit. BRAND NEW APC album November 2nd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ced

Kabuki Waq said:
This New APC album better not slow down the new tool Album. Ill be pissed.

Yeah, someone wake me when we get some TOOL news.

13th Step was great, but honestly I dont want a rehash of it, live dvd will be neat though.

Im gonna go off topic here, but whats this about Tool doing the theme to Doom3?

BuddyC

Acrylamid said:
http://www.doom3.com/flash/downloads/D3themesong.zip
It sounds like Tool, but it's too short to be sure...
There's a discussion going on from which band it's from, many believe it's Chris Vrenna & Clint Walsh
There's not much of a discussion, I frequent those boards. Vrenna and his management regularly post there, and Vrenna himself confirmed that he and Clint did it.

Hiya,

Wow, I didn't know the Doom3 site went live.

Yes, the theme is by Clint and I. It's a big rock thing. We tracked it the Mouse House with engineer Rich Mouser and did the programming and mixing at home.

Can't wait to hear it in the actual game!

Smile
Chris

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Just figured I'd post a bit about Jeordie today. He makes a brief appearance in the new Metallica documentary, Some Kind Of Monster, which opened last weekend in select cities, and this weekend in Los Angeles, San Jose, Berkeley and Oakland. Jeordie will be joining The Burning Brides on tour this summer, playing guitar on select dates. The Burning Brides' tour schedule can be viewed at burningbrides.com. Also, Jeordie will be working through this month with producer Chris Goss (Queens Of The Stone Age) and some other musical peers on an upcoming as-of-yet unnamed new band. All this was blatantly lifted from Jeordie's fansite at basetendencies.com. Further details are always available there.

Wonder if that "new band" will include Billy...

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
WrOt!!!!!!!!!! Jeordie to play guitar for the Brides on certain dates!? I will *die* if he plays at my concert. OMG OMG OMG OMG!!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Wow just got back to the boards, this is great news...

Can't wait for the Tool album release date either :)

BuddyChrist83 said:
There's not much of a discussion, I frequent those boards. Vrenna and his management regularly post there, and Vrenna himself confirmed that he and Clint did it.

And even if that wasn't said, wouldn't it be extremely obvious? Since Trent left the project, the only name tied to the soundtrack of that sort was Vrenna.

I don't quite get this Jeordie love suddenly either. In Manson - "EEEW". In anything else - "He's so awesome!" Egh.

The guy had some far better lines going when he was in Manson, but obviously I don't think he's had that much time to really prove himself... especially considering how late he joined the band compared to their new release and the fact that Billy does the music. I guess the next CD will let everyone know for sure.

tt_deeb

Who is this Vrenna anyway. He's just in charge of the Doom soundtracks now? Is he from any band. And yeah the song sounds very tool-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom