• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shit. BRAND NEW APC album November 2nd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

I like it when Maynard goes:

"TEH BOOGIEMEN ARE COMIN'
TEH BOOGIEMEN ARE COMIN'"

Kind of confirms the lack of artistic creativity on that record.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Diablos may not have started the trolling in this thread, but he's doing a great job of bringing back that inner-twat we all so love.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Yep, he's back to normal. Once the thread started getting back on track, he's back to ruin things again!

tt_deeb

Diablos said:

That part IS hilarous. But I think the whole record is one big inside joke. "Outsider" video sums it all up pretty nicely. Although i admit Maynard didn't write the best of lyrics I'm sure he didn't actually take them too seriously either. Just watch how the band puttses around on stage. It's obvious they just want a little fun.

Diablos said:

well if your gonna take lyrics out of context how about this:

"baby, there's no time for loves
so go and grab your brand new shoes
i've taken care of everything
and when i can't you know i won't abuse
baby, let's rock
let's rock
let's rock
let's rock
let's rock"

btw if you think about Pet as a song about the War on Terror and the bush administration it makes alot more sense.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Kabuki Waq said:
btw if you think about Pet as a song about the War on Terror and the bush administration it makes alot more sense.

Pretty much what i get from it yeah. I think Pet is one of the best on the album.

AlphaSnake

Yeah, Diablos needs to shut up about a bands lyrics. SP has written some of the dumbest lyrics known to man.

Diablos

Serafitia said:
My job here is done, gentlemen.
Stop trying to cover your ass. You started this shit, but of course everyone's going to gang up on me because it's easy, but I could care less. We're both trolls in this thread.

Alpha - and so has every other band, but um... the band gets more praise for its lyrics than most others. Shut the fuck up and stop joining the crowd. You go from making a thread asking if SP is the "perfect" band, to this. You're SUCH a tool.

Kabuki - Yeah Zwan had some fruity lyrics because they were a stupid band once they got into the studio. But so is APC. They just aren't fruity... that's replaced with extreme blandness. Oh, "Who wants honey" is ten times better than "TEH BOGGIEMEN ARE COMING". Maybe if you knew what the song was about instead of being brainwashed by Maynard and his stupid fucking outlook on life you'd realize that.

Diablos

BuddyC: That was almost funny, it would have been if I really did break up the Pumpkins.

Go ahead, keep on trying to piss me off. I take comfort in the fact that you people consider a horrible ripoff of SP/NIN and various other bands one of your favorites. *chuckle*

Diablos

I said they ripped them off. Bad.

Yeah, I _LOVED_ Zwan. APC has been around a whole lot longer than Zwan has, and you people still haven't seen the light on your end. What Zwan did to happy uplifting hippie alternative rock (made it suck), APC does for bland, boring, damn near uninspired goth rock (makes it suck). Maybe someday you'll get it. Or perhaps Maynard has you all brainwashed. Sad. I might love everything Corgan did in SP and a few songs in Zwan, but shit, I have no problem admitting that Corgan's sideband, much like Maynard's does now, sucked balls.

Ill Saint

As a casual observer in these Tool / APC / Pumpkins threads, I gotta say it's hilarious to watch the same old characters bitch it out like mindless zealots worshipping at the altar of angsty bald men.

Honestly, time to get over the petty, MTV like arguments and;
A) Just enjoy the fucking music.
B) Accept that musicians are people, not Gods and they don't need defending over irrelevent message boards by hyperactive fans.
C) Love music, not icons and genres. It's much more enjoyable that way.

Lifes too fucking short!

karasu

Sometimes arguments like this are somewhat "fun". A harmless way to waste a couple of minutes. Who passes up the oppurtunity to call someone a douche

Diablos

Serafitia said:
You're hopeless. Effing hopeless.
No, you are! You should be ashamed of yourself for starting this bs. I like you, but for wanting everyone to think you're all mature and serious, this makes you look bad.

Actually you sort of started this Troll fest with:

"Thirteenth Step was really really bad compared to Mer de Noms IMO; if anything, APC needs more time off to come up with better songs. Then again, maybe this will keep Maynard from recording?"

i mean really you only came into this APC thread to say the same ol shit. It was pretty obvious.

Diablos

Kabuki Waq said:
Actually you sort of started this Troll fest with:

"Thirteenth Step was really really bad compared to Mer de Noms IMO; if anything, APC needs more time off to come up with better songs. Then again, maybe this will keep Maynard from recording?"

i mean really you only came into this APC thread to say the same ol shit. It was pretty obvious.
WTF? I think that APC would be better off without the elitest fucks listening to them just because MAYNARD sings. Let's see how great everyone thinks this band is without his overrated voice in the mix.

And it was Sera that started the flamewar, not me:

Writers don't always make good singers. Ever hear of the Smashing Pumpkins? hah :p Maynard's greater gravity pulls you into these topics whether you like it or not. I've always dug his voice and ideologies. Of the two bald Billies, I choose Howerdel and you should too!

Get pissed at her. Leave me the hell alone. I like APC but I don't think they are perfect... you people say the same crap about SP and other bands I like. What goes around comes around.

Lakitu - Suck it.

fuck off the only elitest fuck int his thread is you.

Fact is that Corgan does have a shitty voice. He wrote some great songs but his voice was shit. I find Tool to be better than SP. I find SP to be better APC. I dont troll SP to get some sort of weird fanboy revenge.

now just fuck off. You are an Asshole.

Lakitu

st5fu
Diablos said:
Lakitu - Suck it.

Seriously, every *single* topic I've seen relating to Tool or APC, you go on a rampage causing all sorts of shit.

You've said the same thing over and over again.

Diablos

And they don't? Moot point.

Kabuki - Likewise man, go back to listening to the "Pink Floyd of Our Generation." hahaha. Dumbest fanbase on the planet.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Lakitu said:
I may be somewhat of a newbie here but Diablos will you shut the hell up.

lmao

Again I say, isn't it awesome how Diablos gets absolutely OWNED in every thread he posts in? Every single one. Gotta love it.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Diablos wants to try and look like he isn't alone. He doesn't seem to understand that if he wants to bash APC/Tool/Tool and APC fans, no one cares. just stay out of the damn threads.

He's using you to try and make himself look better, only he failed at that too.

Diablos said:
And they don't? Moot point.

Kabuki - Likewise man, go back to listening to the "Pink Floyd of Our Generation." hahaha. Dumbest fanbase on the planet.

really who the fuck do you think you are? calling the fanbase of a band dumb?

Thnx to you posting in music threads is not fun anymore. If it wasnt for your cocksucking in #ga you would be banned by now. Your such an arrogant fuck, i try not to take things seriously on a internet forum but really its trolls like you who manage to ruin good disscusion.

Every fucking APC or Tool thread you come in spewing your BS.

AlphaSnake

Kabuki Waq said:
really who the fuck do you think you are? calling the fanbase of a band dumb?

Thnx to you posting in music threads is not fun anymore. If it wasnt for your cocksucking in #ga you would be banned by now. Your such an arrogant fuck, i try not to take things seriously on a internet forum but really its trolls like you who manage to ruin good disscusion.

Every fucking APC or Tool thread you come in spewing your BS.

+1

Has anyone else ever gotten a PM from Diablos crying about trolling? I have, and I think it's a bit odd considering his notable trolling habits. Here it is.

Don't Start:

Seriously. It's not on like you said in #ga.

How does the saying go? "Don't start no shit, won't be no shit." Yeah... I don't give a crap about you or what you have to say anymore, I'm not going to give you a hard time unless I think I have a good reason. So stop the trolling. k? Thanks.

A voice of reason! Stop the trolling, Diablos!!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yeah, seriously, diablos, shut the fuck up. At the very least, consolidate your replies so I don't see you in threads like this with your reactionary spam bullshit.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
We finally have the details all of you have been hounding us for. This evening, Maynard appeared at the Axis Of Justice show in Hollywood, where he sang the Joni Mitchell song The Fiddle And The Drum a capella, as well as U2's Where The Streets Have No Name, along with Tom Morello, Serj Tankian, and Pete Yorn (Serj and Pete did most of the singing however). During his solo performance, he announced that A Perfect Circle was recording an album of "political" songs which they hope to release before November of this year. So there you have it, a new album from APC is indeed on the way. Thanks to Eugenie De Franval for all the details. Furthermore, RoadRunner Records has confirmed the tracklist for the Resident Evil: Apocalypse soundtrack, due out August 31st, and it is to feature a Danny Lohner remix of The Outsider. The full tracklist can be viewed here. Also, MTV2's Headbanger's Ball Vol. 2 compilation CD shall feature Weak And Powerless. The tracklist for that compilation, due out September 28th, can be viewed here. Thanks to Nameless. Finally, for clarity, the live DVD and APC remix album from Danny Lohner are now both confirmed for a November release as well.

wow, this should be interesting

also:
A quick update: Paz Lenchantin, former bassist of A Perfect Circle, has informed Clara of simplypaz.com that her remix / solo cover of The Hollow (the Constantly Consuming mix) will appear on the upcoming APC remix album. She also says that she will be recording violin and piano for the upcoming APC album. Cool, huh?

tt_deeb

Awesome news!! Paz's piano and violin is severely needed it's what made Mer De Noms so special :)

Anyone know if there are any clips of those performances at Axis of Justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom