• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland: Season 3 - |Pledge Allegiance|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Good job with the thread fry! I look forward to seeing if the writers can write/right themselves out of the gigantic black hole they dug themselves into last season.

3N16MA

Banned
Any show ever have such a harsh turnaround here on GAF from season 1 to season 2? Dexter became shit and all of Dexter GAF hated it but that took many seasons to happen. Homeland went from "it's fucking awesome" to "someone kill Carrie and end the show."

Blader

Any show ever have such a harsh turnaround here on GAF from season 1 to season 2? Dexter became shit and all of GAF Dexter GAF hated it but that took many seasons to happen. Homeland went from "it's fucking awesome" to "someone kill Carrie and end the show."

Probably Heroes.

inm8num2

God I wish they would move on from Brody.

Hopefully that happens this season.

I still enjoyed season 2 overall. Brody's family was a bit much at times, and the Dana subplots were tiring, but I think the show can get back to what made it so great in season 1.

Arjen

Loved Season 1, hated Season 2, will try a couple of episodes, if it stays season 2 quality i'm out.

I'm interested to see where they take season 3. Season 2 wasn't nearly as good as the first season. When I first watched this show I had it up there with Game of Thrones but after season 2...I dropped it a few notches down. Still a very good show, IMO.

Dennis

Banned
In all the hate for Season 2 (Bertram, I am looking at you) let us not forget that Season 2 had the absolutely amazing Brody interrogation/confession episode.

In all the hate for Season 2 (Bertram, I am looking at you) let us not forget that Season 2 had the absolutely amazing Brody interrogation/confession episode.

It's like they remembered for a brief moment that they used to be good at this. Then... it was snuffed out like a candle.

ib0IQv1eUAXxCj.gif

DBT85

No fair, I thought TBBT or Newsroom were GAFs most hated shows. Can't believe I like all three :D

Looking forward to more. Though more like Season 1 please.

Lots and lots and lots of Saul please.

destrudo

I hope that Dana and her shitty brother have little screentime this season.

I don't even know why they're being kept around. It seemed like at the end of season 2 that their storyline was done. That whole family has no purposeful connection with the other characters anymore.

Show like this are more suited to the British approach to serialised TV. Tell your story, don't string your audience along with diluted story lines because it's a hit and get the hell out of there when its time to end. You can't sustain shows of this type over 5-10 seasons. I just hope Homeland doesn't suffer a similar fate to Dexter; another show that was, at best, a 4 season TV show.

Gotta replace Dexter with something to hate/laugh/complain about. Let's watch Showtime run another initiatly great one to the ground.

inm8num2

DerZuhälter;83784951 said:
Gotta replace Dexter with something to hate/laugh/complain about. Let's watch Showtime run another initiatly great one to the ground.

Girls is another great one to hate-watch.

Hari Seldon

It's like they remembered for a brief moment that they used to be good at this. Then... it was snuffed out like a candle.

When you have the cast that this show has, you don't need amazing writing, just not fucking stupid writing. Just put the actors in tough situations and let them shine.

Hari Seldon

No fair, I thought TBBT or Newsroom were GAFs most hated shows. Can't believe I like all three :D

Looking forward to more. Though more like Season 1 please.

Lots and lots and lots of Saul please.

If show doesn't have at least 50% of the episodes about some boring mobster shit, or center around breakfast scenes, gaf hates it.

Dysun

At least it only took one year for the collapse of this show. It took at least 6 years for me to realize how bad Dexter had gotten, the denial was strong

yyzjohn

Banned
Poor Homeland, I think it's generally agreed that Season 1 was great, but season 2 was a disaster. I can't ever remember being more disappointed in a tv show season after being so hyped for it. I watched season 1 and 2 in a marathon.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Definitely.

Really hope this season is better than the last one, that aside.

- Maureen Ryan's Review: 'Homeland' Season 3 Review: At The Brink Of What's Next
The melancholy, even mournful atmosphere of the season's first two episodes often feels appropriate, given that the show has frequently driven its fans into states that the word "lather" doesn't accurately capture. These contemplative episodes, which are only occasionally punctuated by brisk action or charged exchanges about spy games and dirty tricks, may be encouraging us to take a few deep breaths and not get worked up into Carrie Mathison-style frenzy too early in the game. And the low-key tone is also the show's way of signaling that Season 3 is not exactly business as usual, which may well be good news: As executive producer Alex Gansa said in a recent interview, "Homeland" can't cycle at the same high intensity forever.

- Willa Paskin on S3 for Slate.com
Thankfully the greatest love story no one ever wanted to be a love story is not the focus of the first two episodes, which illustrate the power and punch Homeland can still muster when freed from its more Hallmark-ian tendencies. I hope the rest of the season lives up to the promise of these episodes, but watching Homeland has made me paranoid.

Frillen

I just watched the episode and
that annoying kid from season 8 of Dexter is there, having a thing with the daughter. God damn, two annoying characters!

I stopped watching after S1 because I didn't have Showtime anymore, and now all the GAF hate is making me nervous to get back into it.

We'll see how S3 does I suppose.

dubc35

I just watched the episode and
that annoying kid from season 8 of Dexter is there, having a thing with the daughter. God damn, two annoying characters!

The daughter is seriously annoying, in fact both of Brody's kids should have been killed somehow in the bomb at the CIA, ir hell say they grew up quickly and left for college, something, anything to get them off the show.

Season 2 had Q&A, and I was willing to forgive the stupid daughter sub plot. Then it had the Islamic Terrorist Assassination Squad, and I had to bail.

Never even made it to the season finale, and it seems like I made the right decision.

Can someone refresh my mind on what happened in S2? I really can't recall.

Brody became Osama bin Laden's errand boy.

Dana and the veep's son killed a Hispanic lady in a hit-and-run.

Carrie did crazy Carrie things.

CIA got blowed up at the end and Brody got blamed for it.

TheExodu5

Banned
People act like Season 2 was what sent this show downhill. From my recollection, season 1 started going downhill as soon as they introduced a love story that didn't belong in the show at all. The season 1 finale was god awful as well and worse than anything season 2 put out.

People act like Season 2 was what sent this show downhill. From my recollection, season 1 started going downhill as soon as they introduced a love story that didn't belong in the show at all. The season 1 finale was god awful as well and worse than anything season 2 put out.

The show was pretty much doomed when Showtime told the showrunners they couldn't kill Brody in the Season 1 finale.

The Season 1 Carrie/Brody eps are great because she's doing it just to get to him, not because she wuuuuuuuubs him like in Season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom