• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 6 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's to one more season of pacemaker-hacking Internet murders, terrorist masterminds hanging out in warehouses in Washington DC, Dar Adal and Saul having indescribable jobs, and no one believing the always-right Crazy Carrie. Let's do it, guys!

ev0

You can sub to Showtime through Amazon or Hulu as an add on. So it looks like its there but you need to sub, Old seasons on Netflix I think,

You can sub to Showtime through Amazon or Hulu as an add on. So it looks like its there but you need to sub, Old seasons on Netflix I think,
Again correct me if wrong. But currently have all the services, some trials. Netflix USA not on, Amazon I know it's a add on, have the Hulu trial...it's available, not sure this season is up yet though

You have to sub to Showtime to stream Homeland episodes. No other way.

You can do it through Amazon or Hulu as an add-on which are just alternate ways to sub to Showtime.

Any of those will get you access to all episodes, old and new.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They should have just killed Quinn off. His storyline last season was dumb and this new one is laughbly bad. If they try to tie his crack den adventures into the main threat...

Let's get things rolling. Also more of:

d5e3c239d12fe2203fda957eafab3fe6.gif

Perfect. Crazy times her we come

Fularu

Banned
I bailed after the first episode of the second season when they linked Hezbollah to AQ.

Do they still do this kind of shitty things? (bordering on Israeli propaganda?)

They should have just killed Quinn off. His storyline last season was dumb and this new one is laughbly bad. If they try to tie his crack den adventures into the main threat...

Yeah not sure where it's going but I was ready for Carrie to have suffocated Quinn last season. Way too much on dragging him around zombie-like in the premier.

taybul

Haven't watched the new season yet but I'm hoping in one scene he's getting a coffee at starbucks where he somehow gets recruited to fight in Syria.

royalan

I'm actually more intrigued by what they do with Quinn this season than the meandering they had him doing last season. Exploring the fallout when a man who was picked up by the CIA when he was 14 and has only known being an assassin suddenly has his wings clipped is a LOT more interesting than...well, him literally stumbling into what ends up being the central conflict of season 5. *eye roll*

Besides, from the preview it looks like they might be doing a role reversal and having Quinn be the crazy person that nobody believes this season.

stn

Ok, so how is
Quinn alive suddenly? Is his left leg prosthetic or is he just limping?
. Not a fan of this show much but still consider it watchable.

NYR

Is it bad that I wish
Quinn
died last season? Holy shit, did they fuck this up....

Quinn's a waste, what more is there to him past that letter to Carrie in S5? No one cares about his adventures in crack land

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So Carrie is actually advising the President-Elect?

Then again, given the current state of things in real life, I guess it really isn't all that surprising...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
This show really.. I just don't know if i can be bothered anymore. The characters were never interesting except quinn (to me) and at this stage he should have just died last season.

This used to be a guilty pleasure kinda show, Now it's just a fucking mess of nothing.

pislit

i'm just here for the inevitable Carrie daughter kidnappathon and Carrie having the mental breakdown/face spasm and
Quinn
will die to save her daughter

I don't know bros I liked the second episode. I dig the vibe so far. Kind of low key.

I don't mind the quinn stuff when it's not over the top. I thought the scene at the end was a bit touching.

LOL at the Alex Jones impersonator Quinn was listening to on the radio. That can't be helping his emotional state. Overall good episode and glad to have Homeland back. Feels like a slow burn season but I bet something really fucked will happen eventually.

Lego Boss

This season is a car crash. Where is all of the intrigue and espionage?

Time to pull the plug on this series like they should have done with Brody at the end of S1 and Quinn at the end of S5.

It's just dead air at the moment.

Chumley

Banned
Solid episode.

Quinn fucking that guy up was so satisfying. Was kind of confused at Carrie's reaction to him touching her back. Did she forget she ever had feelings for him?

Future

Time to pull the plug on this series like they should have done with Brody at the end of S1 and Quinn at the end of S5.

This does feel like some extended epilogue or something. I'm not sure I know what is going on. There is no heroes journey yet... no incident setting anyone or anything into motion. A bunch of exposition that may lead to something sometime. I guess

Quinn's
paranoia is the most interesting thing maybe cuz it could be real
. But wtf is Saul doing. Wtf is Carrie doing. Where's this going to go

Sloane

Banned

Yeah. Feels like they kinda wanted to go back to the roots with this one after turning into an iteration of 24 for the last two years but didn't really remember what their roots were. I'll give it another episode but I doubt anything changes.

Fliesen

Quinn's arc is interesting.

Carrie's is weird, Saul's i don't quite get.

I think this show suffers from the fact that the current political climate - both with regards to domestic as well as foreign politics - actually goes way beyond what the show depicts as issues.
Like - Sekou being persecuted ... kinda pales in comparison to what's been going on within the last 2 days.

#bringbackabunazir

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Doing some catching up on this and The Affair.

Episode 2
- Still not on board with Quinn's storyline
- Sad to see that Carrie and Saul might never be tight again.

The moment at the end with Carrie and Quinn was well done though. Overdue and cathartic

Episode 3
- Super awkward but real moment with Quinn making a move on Carrie. My jaw hurt from cringing.
- Secret Window 2: Quinn's Looking At You. So is Quinn turning into a conspiracy nut?
- Saul storyline picking up some speed, finally

I can't be bothered anymore. Even in its worst times, Homeland could at least be counted on to be engaging and have some great twists. This season's storyline is shockingly dull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom