• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 6 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolOff

Wouldn't be surprised if the surveillance + false flag is from a small (rogue?) Mossad cell. Who the hell know is Dar is actually aware of anything, I just know that I'm starting to hate the slimy fuck.

Tugatrix

Fuck what the hell are they doing with Quinn, he doesn't strike me as a PTSD type of guy so the writers just 180º his character and that is stupid.

Dar is just playing chess while the president elect is playing checkers

royalan

Fuck what the hell are they doing with Quinn, he doesn't strike me as a PTSD type of guy so the writers just 180º his character and that is stupid.

What is a PTSD type of guy?

Nobody seems like a pTSD type of guy until they develop it.

It's the most realistic thing to happen to a character that has gone through what Quinn has.

Tugatrix

What is a PTSD type of guy?

Nobody seems like a pTSD type of guy until they develop it.

It's the most realistic thing to happen to a character that has gone through what Quinn has.

Less resilient psychologically but quoting a study:

PTSD is positively related to negative emotionality, neuroticism, harm avoidance, novelty-seeking and self-transcendence, as well as to trait hostility/anger and trait anxiety.

(seem like Quinn? guess not)

They simply need to rule him out of the story for now and this was the excuse

Overall solid tension-filled episode. Wasn't expecting things to escalate like they did goddamn. Glad she saw those pics to have at least something positive come out of this. Dunno where it will go but it's getting interesting.

Alex Jones impersonator cracks me up.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.

PTSD is positively related to negative emotionality, neuroticism, harm avoidance, novelty-seeking and self-transcendence, as well as to trait hostility/anger and trait anxiety.

"Positively correlated" is not "prerequisite for"
PTSD's strongest correlation is, duh, to trauma. I'd say Quinn definitely got his share.

royalan

The single study you quote here is on the personality traits that can lead to a vulnerability of PTSD.

It is not the definitive on the personality types that develop it. There's a varying rate of occurrence of PTSD after repeated traumatic experiences in just about EVERY personality type.

Quinn is an assassin who has not only gone through multiple traumatic experiences related to his field but has just gone through one major one that has possibly left him permanently handicapped. That he would be experiencing the effects of PTSD is not at all strange, regardless of what you thought about his personality beforehand.

Dar is playing that Star Trek chess that only Spock can play and the PE is playing tiddlywinks.

Are they really going to have the intelligence community be behind a false flag attack to discredit the president? Pretty ironic plot line given real world events.

If they are going this route and everything is masterminded by Dar, the finale better be his plan blowing up in his face and he gets his comeuppance with extreme prejudice. I'm sick of all these half assed finale they've been putting out ever since the failure to detonate in season 1.

Deku Tree

They really want you to wonder whether Dar was somehow involved in the attack on NYC.

I hope it isn't another double/rogue agent plot line.

Feel like things are gonna really heat up in the rest of the episodes.

Dysun

The Quinn storyline is hard to watch in a good way, I was cringing the whole time. I didn't expect this season to revolve around False Flag attacks and Mossad/CIA double crossing each other, but I'm enjoying it thus far.

Kaizer

Banned
Man, latest episode felt like it was 5 minutes long, loved it! The Quinn storyline has been rough to say the least, but it's been interesting thus far.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Finally caught up. Felt like the season started off a bit slowly but it's gotten more interesting. I thought the most recent one was really entertaining. I let out a "holy shit" when Quinn shot the guy throwing rocks lol

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Good episode, they're really keeping me intrigued about this conspiracy.

Episode 6 Spoilers
Nice touch leaving Nina Hoss' name off the credits until the very end. So many shows neglect to do that and it ruins surprise appearances for me. I'm glad it was Astrid, I thought it was that private contractor for a second.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, I guess after the last few seasons, this makes perfect sense. Having 24 back also makes this show feel more grounded than it would be otherwise. lol

Chumley

Banned

Episode 6 Spoilers
Nice touch leaving Nina Hoss' name off the credits until the very end. So many shows neglect to do that and it ruins surprise appearances for me. I'm glad it was Astrid, I thought it was that private contractor for a second.

Episode 6 spoilers
Yeah it was pretty good, finally picking up the pace, but Carrie just being incompetent as hell all season and just stumbling into clues is getting on my nerves. She used to get shit done, a few seasons ago she would have leg shotted that guy in the house and gotten answers out of him. I also don't care at all about the president elect, and them torturing Quinn for like the third season in a row is depressing.

I want them to go full ham with the shadow company behind the attack, straight up Bob Page Deus Ex shit. Would make it all a lot more fun.

Sloane

Banned
Finally caught up. Felt like the season started off a bit slowly but it's gotten more interesting. I thought the most recent one was really entertaining. I let out a "holy shit" when Quinn shot the guy throwing rocks lol
Yeah, hated the first three episodes or so and almost quit again but Quinn's hilarious meltdown was kinda worth it, lol. Maybe they telegraphed a bit too obviously where this season is going in the first episode, but we'll see.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Episode 6 spoilers
Yeah it was pretty good, finally picking up the pace, but Carrie just being incompetent as hell all season and just stumbling into clues is getting on my nerves. She used to get shit done, a few seasons ago she would have leg shotted that guy in the house and gotten answers out of him. I also don't care at all about the president elect, and them torturing Quinn for like the third season in a row is depressing.

I want them to go full ham with the shadow company behind the attack, straight up Bob Page Deus Ex shit. Would make it all a lot more fun.

This is basically feeding into all the paranoia about shadow governments and what not. lol

Tugatrix

"Positively correlated" is not "prerequisite for"
PTSD's strongest correlation is, duh, to trauma. I'd say Quinn definitely got his share.

I would hesitate to say Quinn would be the type for PTSD for me would make much more sense a depression in his character. The writers even spring him into action when a PTSD person would actively avoid the stressor. But ok it's fiction let's roll with it.

The single study you quote here is on the personality traits that can lead to a vulnerability of PTSD.

It is not the definitive on the personality types that develop it. There's a varying rate of occurrence of PTSD after repeated traumatic experiences in just about EVERY personality type.

Quinn is an assassin who has not only gone through multiple traumatic experiences related to his field but has just gone through one major one that has possibly left him permanently handicapped. That he would be experiencing the effects of PTSD is not at all strange, regardless of what you thought about his personality beforehand.

Like I said a Depression would make much more sense to him, not everyone develop PTSD when go to war, some bring home depressions, phobias, etc. All that is bad enough and for me for Quinn a depression would make more sense and he behaves like one in some manners. But Fiction

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
So am I missing something, or is the Quinn storyline just a remarkable coincidence wrt the location of his target?

I liked Homeland because I could generally believe it was plausible, but this circumstance is awful.

So am I missing something, or is the Quinn storyline just a remarkable coincidence wrt the location of his target?

You mean the guy across the street from them? He's been spying on Carrie's place, so, it's anything but it's a coincidence. We don't know the full story yet but he's there for a reason.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I liked Homeland because I could generally believe it was plausible, but this circumstance is awful.

It probably isn't a coincidence. At least I hope not, cause that would be ridiculous. But Carrie was representing Sekou, so there has to be a connection. I think whoever planted the bomb on Sekou found out about him via spying on Carrie, not the other way around. That Sekou was a means to discredit Carrie and the organization she works for AND undermine the incoming administration in one fell swoop.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
You mean the guy across the street from them? He's been spying on Carrie's place, so, it's anything but it's a coincidence. We don't know the full story yet but he's there for a reason.

Oh yeah, I forgot the stuff the found by the window to spy on her.

Ignore me, everyone. Carry on.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Episode 6 Spoilers

Yes, absolutely. Decent episode overall.

Yeah, hated the first three episodes or so and almost quit again but Quinn's hilarious meltdown was kinda worth it, lol. Maybe they telegraphed a bit too obviously where this season is going in the first episode, but we'll see.

lol yeah, I feel you. I probably did myself a favor by watching 1-5 pretty close together, think it was less annoying that way.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Quinn's plot has just been off the rails stupid pretty much since he stumbled into Jihad Doctors Without Borders-ville last season. Maybe before but I kind of forgot what was going on in the show before then. It seems like there's always at least one element that just makes this show feel totally out of whack. In the early seasons it was definitey red-head guy and Inara's daughter and her inane plots. These days it's poor Quinn. Sad!

Quinn's plot has just been off the rails stupid pretty much since he stumbled into Jihad Doctors Without Borders-ville last season.

I don't think he'll survive past this season. It's been a downward spiral for his character ever since that episode a few years ago where he grew a conscience and couldn't do his job properly anymore. They've clearly run out of ideas and I'm sure even the writers know it.

Then again, Homeland has a history of not knowing when to cut characters so who knows how it'll go.

shanafan

She went back to her house while that dude trying to kill her has an apartment across the street?

Hence why she stayed up with Franny with a gun the whole night.

Definitely bummed Conlin was killed off. The stuff with him at that company's building was really pretty gripping and it didn't feel like Homeland at all.

I liked the pacing right after that scene was Emmons trying to see the President-Elect and even security questioned his clearance. It definitely give me a "what the hell is going on" vibe.

Deku Tree

I knew as soon as Conlin stared to believe Carrie that
he was going to get killed off that episode. Can't have that!

Grizzlyjin

I knew as soon as Conlin stared to believe Carrie that
he was going to get killed off that episode. Can't have that!

I thought he was going to get it in the parking lot when he was on the phone with Carrie. I was yelling for him to turn around while he walks away from the shadowy secret contractor he just pissed off lol

Yeah it's a shame Conlin ended up dead, his scene in the building was probably the best so far this season. Really starting to feel like they only introduce new characters so they've got people that can kill. He was wasted, would have been a decent story arc to have him become the anti-g-man.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Okay, but at what point Carrie mans up and goes to Saul?
I mean, last season literally had an episode named Better Call Saul, and now we're about at point again.

Saty

Took a while this season, but the stupid nonsense kicked in. Government\CIA\Adal Basically imprisoning the president-elect and denying her access to her staff or even a fully functioning phone.

Shoehorning Quinn into the main plot in any way possible.

CIA's #1\#2 person needing to get intel in roundabout ways instead of just searching that info for himself in the CIA. Raise a flag? Saul's is the freaking head of the CIA, i'm sure he can get the intel from his own organization, and if Adal wants to confront him about it then so be it. The sooner they surface this shit with Adal, the better. Honestly, not sure how either of the two kept their position after the farce that was Berlin.

Get this, Carrie actually thinking Quinn is the best lead or that he some additional valuable info that isn't covered in the photos he took. Hey, how about tracking the guy that you know leaves across the street and that you know is spying on you? Ransack his place while he's away. Put a GPS tracker on his Jeep.

Connlin only had half a brain to actually track the car and see where it goes and sniff there but why not put a tracker on it? I'll give him the benefit of seemingly not wanting to do illegal stuff and harm the investigation.

Problem is, there is no investigation. AGAIN, it looks as if Connlin kept it all to himself and went solo. One-man agent on his own trying to bring it all down. Okay, i have this good and only lead on the bombing, let's get the entire FBI in the loop. Start tracking the guy in the photo. Put eyes on him. Nope nope nope, keeping it hidden and acting on his own.

Are we again going to spend half the season to actually get the authorities clued in and on board instead of swatting Carrie away as crazy person? Finally we had a FBI agent lending an ear but he too doesn't let anyone else fucking know.

And here we are, were this supposedly conniving man and the org. behind him deem it the right choice to murder a FBI agent simply for sniffing around!! I assure you these people didn't get to be in their position by astronomically over-reacting to every man raising a brow at them. But gotta have Carrie be on her own again right! Desperately trying to get the authorities to pay attention.

If i understood the last scene then this is even more fucked because the person who killed the agent and is spying on Carrie is an officer of the German intelligence.

The storyline for this season at least seems to now be going somewhere, even if the coincidental random events remain as artificially created and as bizarrely outlandish as usual.

Like, why would the guy who plants the bomb in Seiku's van just happen to be the guy tasked with spying on Carrie?

shanafan

The storyline for this season at least seems to now be going somewhere, even if the coincidental random events remain as artificially created and as bizarrely outlandish as usual.

Like, why would the guy who plants the bomb in Seiku's van just happen to be the guy tasked with spying on Carrie?

Well, that's why you watch the show to find out :D

Well, that's why you watch the show to find out :D

:jnc

It screams of Dar Adal saying "Well, Trump just cut our budget so now I gotta play a high risk of having the same guy watching Carrie plant a bomb in Seiku's car! Just when I thought my evil plan would come off without a hitch, I can't find the right resources!"

Saty

Should have done a soft reboot with this season. Quinn dies at the end of the last. Carrie takes a break. Saul and Dar fired from the CIA after the farce in Berlin. New team, new blood. Homegrown terrorism plot. Dana Brody fresh out of the FBI academy (not sure how old she's supposed to be now..). Heck, they could have made it about a deal to get Brody's body back in favor of releasing this or that guy and how it plays in a grander terrorism plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom