• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 6 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't be bothered anymore. Even in its worst times, Homeland could at least be counted on to be engaging and have some great twists. This season's storyline is shockingly dull.

I pay less and less attention every week. It's almost like background noise at this point. I'll watch Walking Dead tonight, then Black Sails tomorrow, then maybe turn this on either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Ho-meh-land

Dysun

Some of these disparate plot lines finally came together.
Quinn's target entered the same building that Seikou and his friends work at, interesting to see where that is heading.

royalan

Good episode. Alright, now things are starting to feel like Homeland.

Sucks about Seikou, but really dude was a dumbass for going right back to posting videos.

Also, I predicted this earlier. This season Quinn is going to be the right one that nobody believes, and Carrie is going to be the one so far up her own ass that she misses what's right in front of her.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yep, that was a pretty good one. I'm glad the pace is finally picking up.

Also, it's nice to see that Quinn's storyline is already tying into Carrie's - I thought they'd wait until the season was nearly over to start connecting things.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I'm liking this a lot, it even seems sane in comparison to what Trump is doing.
Did Dar Adal just false flag a bombing?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Decent episode. Kept me interested the entire time. So the people watching Carrie planted the bomb. This entire time I thought maybe an intelligence agency was keeping an eye on her, or Quinn was just being incredibly paranoid. Maybe someone is getting retribution for the videos of dead soldiers?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
lol of course Quin was right somehow. And the dude he followed planeted the bomb. Why am I
not surprised.

CrisKre

I´m actually liking the season and think they are things are getting more interesting as it goes along. Hated the first episode, but it has been pretty great after it.

Aureon

Apologizing? I'd say it's more that the writers know they've already had the best teenage character they ever could, so anyone else is just cannon fodder.

Someone actually liked Dana on this earth?
I would've never guessed.

I´m actually liking the season and think they are things are getting more interesting as it goes along. Hated the first episode, but it has been pretty great after it.

Yeah, with you here.

BeforeU

sarcasm? or we actually have a fan of Dana here

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Great episode.

Curious, anyone watching the new season of 24? Decent?

I'm going to cosign what Dysun said. We're only 3 episodes in and they've gotten fairly ridiculous but its had some fun 24 moments too.

shanafan

lol of course Quin was right somehow. And the dude he followed planeted the bomb. Why am I
not surprised.

Honesty, I expect the guy he trailed to not be involved at all. When I watched the scene of Quinn following the guy, my thoughts were.. this guy probably just works there. We'll see.

Saty

As if the show wasn't up its own ass enough with Carrie the agent or ex-agent who is a one woman Intelligence agency that does what entire organizations can't, now we have Quinn being the same.

lol at the Israelis holding Saul prisoner. CIA's #1 or #2 guy and a public face. And letting him go because of the attack? Yeah, cause no one would go 'WTF is Saul' on normal operation..

BeforeU

As if the show wasn't up its own ass enough with Carrie the agent or ex-agent who is a one woman Intelligence agency that does what entire organizations can't, now we have Quinn being the same.

lol at the Israelis holding Saul prisoner. CIA's #1 or #2 guy and a public face. And letting him go because of the attack? Yeah, cause no one would go 'WTF is Saul' on normal operation..

yeah shit is way over the top for my taste. I know its a show and all, but I expect some level of realism. I think I am finally going to give up watching it. Really enjoyed first 2 seasons. And some scenes from past seasons were brilliant too. But that's about it.

Future

Don't agree. Carrie is often shown as wrong, and here she appears right because the CIA is manipulating info for reasons unknown. She was wrong about dismissing Quinn though

Quinn noticing something awry is consistent with his character, and makes sense given the fact he's home all the time. The earlier episodes were not about just showing his current state after last season, but also showing why carrie (and the viewer) wouldn't trust him

Isreali dude knows Saul and worked with him in the past. That connection caused him to be let go and also not really "captured." He's not an enemy

All pretty good writing to me

royalan

Saul isn't a public face.

Kadin

So how has the show been since the Brody story-line ended? I watched it I think for about half of the next season before I stopped. I really loved the show until this part ended and it started to go in a new direction? Gonna do my best to just read responses in the hopes that I start watching again down the road.

Saty

Don't agree. Carrie is often shown as wrong, and here she appears right because the CIA is manipulating info for reasons unknown. She was wrong about dismissing Quinn though

Quinn noticing something awry is consistent with his character, and makes sense given the fact he's home all the time. The earlier episodes were not about just showing his current state after last season, but also showing why carrie (and the viewer) wouldn't trust him

Isreali dude knows Saul and worked with him in the past. That connection caused him to be let go and also not really "captured." He's not an enemy

All pretty good writing to me
Carrie isn't 'often' wrong. She is mostly right and always depicted as the only person 'astute' enough to figure out what's going on. That's the shtick every season that makes it all a farce.
And again this season. Roadblock? Carrie ofc has a friend that can get her recordings. No matter how adamant that person was refusing to help her when they talked, next morning the thumb drive was waiting for her.

I don't need Quinn being saved by the writers only to play Carrie's role and be the guy that saves the day or cracks this case or that manages to observe and track what no one else seemingly can.

Saul was kept in a room with the plan to keep him overnight and with no communication. He was imprisoned. There's no other way of calling it. Which is preposterous that the Mossad would treat CIA's #1 or #2 guy like that or that's the plan of action they chose to take. Saul was leading the CIA in one of the past season. They made it sound like the Israelies were going to keep him imprisoned as if no one would inquire what happened to him and only 'thanks' to the attack they are letting him go.

Saul isn't a public face.

As the #1\#2 person in the CIA, he is. It was his name and his face all over the news and all over those Senate hearings 2-3 seasons ago. Arresting him the way they did isn't sound espionage. But 'sound' or 'espionage' haven't been Homeland's concern for ages. And so far this season isn't offering cheap thrills, pace, action or insanity.

NYR

"My client was a Terrorist and I freed him, no biggie or anything, need to organize a babysitter first"

WTF was with her reaction to the phone call.

Are they really going to have the intelligence community be behind a false flag attack to discredit the president? Pretty ironic plot line given real world events.

Aureon

Don't fuck with Quinn.

Are they really going to have the intelligence community be behind a false flag attack to discredit the president? Pretty ironic plot line given real world events.

I'm not entirely sure it's CIA. Dar'adal going rogue maybe, but i can't see Saul being in.
One thing is: They used the same guy to do surveillance on Carrie and to rig the van. That means pretty limited operational resources, which wouldn't make sense if CIA eggheads were behind it.

Grizzlyjin

Jesus Christ, Quinn. Just jeez.

Nodnol

I've always enjoyed Homeland...even when it was a bit dumbat times. Enjoying this season too, particularly the social and political parallels to RL because it's talking and exploring ideas and themes that need exploring. If only briefly, but...

...I'm curious what the end game is. I feel like we already know the net result, and just need to get to how. Dar's put the PE in an isolated location, away from her advisors, one of whom he's discredited, and the false flag attack pulls the rug out from under the PE's policies. It seems obvious he's had Carrie under surveillance for some time, and probed regarding her relationship with the PE, and has systematically deconstructured the pillars of that relationship, weakening a PE who doesn't align with his own world views and policies. Dar also leaked the evidence to Carrie, to deliberately have the kid released, only so he could disgrace Carrie.

Obviously there's this whole Mossad and Iranian plot thread to pull at, but I'm wondering if the audience will get annoyed waiting for the good guys to reach the same point they've been at for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom