• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Remastered upgrade preorder available on PSN store now

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Please don’t buy this people.
91A8gcq.jpeg

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
To be fair Horizon Zero Dawn is a really good game.

This is unneeded but I can’t be annoyed at £10 upgrade. If you’re happy it runs at 60fps already on PS5.

I’m down for a £10 to run through again not right now but maybe in a few years before the inevitable 3rd game. I already have the plat in this and Forbidden West so I’m totally filled up on Horizon for a few years.

How can they charge £60 for Until Dawn but you get an upgrade path for this? I’m confused by that.

Last edited:

Humdinger

If you buy this upgrade, can you revert to the original game, or are you stuck with the upgraded version permanently? The reason I ask is that, although I'm somewhat interested in the upgrade, I will pass if it means I'm stuck with the "new and improved" version of Aloy. I prefer the original version.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
A bit off topic but…is it just me or did anyone think Guerilla were inspired by Doctor Who; The Face of Evil for a lot of the concepts/art direction?

RCU005

I have the PS+ version, but never played it. Anyone know if they are allowing the PS+ versions to do the 10 upgrade? I'll finally try it if they do.
If it's from the giveaway "Stay at Home" during COVID, it's eligible for the upgrade. If it's from a PS+ monthly game, then it is not.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
If it's from the giveaway "Stay at Home" during COVID, it's eligible for the upgrade. If it's from a PS+ monthly game, then it is not.
I think I had the digital version from PS Now (that's what my email receipt says) that meant at the time of the Stay at Home giveaway it said You Already Own This Game so couldn't add that version to my library.

By the time I want to play it again, again, again it'll be in a sale for £15. In the meantime I can upgrade my Steam version for £9.

XXL

If you buy this upgrade, can you revert to the original game, or are you stuck with the upgraded version permanently? The reason I ask is that, although I'm somewhat interested in the upgrade, I will pass if it means I'm stuck with the "new and improved" version of Aloy. I prefer the original version.
You can download the different versions still. It's basically a native PS5 version (or a cross gen game).

Nydius

This is what my dashboard looks like with the physical complete edition in the drive and installed. No upgrade option on the main page or the store, just an option for the full price digital version.

I’m guessing the upgrade for physical owners isn’t going to go live until launch. Or hopefully this is just a bug/oversight.

Igajxv7.jpeg

DeepSpace5D

I’m going to get it for a tenner, but I don’t really see the point of preordering the upgrade unless they are going to incentivize with some sort of bonus.

Top Bottom