• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami 2 Has Been Removed From The Australian PlayStation Store After Mistakenly Being Available

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
The drama that is Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number will seemingly never end. Almost a decade after being released globally (except for Australia), it’s still causing issues for publishers.

The game was available on PlayStation Plus Extra a few months ago, and it was also available for purchase as part of the Hotline Miami Collection, but a complaint has clearly come from somewhere as it has now been removed, with those that paid for the game being refunded and unable to re-download the game in Australia.
In an email sent to customers, PlayStation admitted that the game hadn’t received a proper rating from the Australian Classification Board and therefore has been remove from sale (and libraries) in Australia.

Interestingly enough, this isn’t the first time that the game has been accidentally released on a digital storefront in Australia, with the same thing happening on Nintendo Switch in 2019, although it seems to be gone off that platform now as well.

Depending on whether the game was purchased or obtained through PlayStation Plus, PlayStation has emailed customers with one of the below messages.

Hotline-miami-2.jpg

“We have become aware that the product Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number has not received a proper rating from the Australian Classification Board and have therefore taken steps to refund customers who have purchased the game.

We have issued a refund of the total purchase price for the product back to your original payment method. This may take 30-60 days to appear on your bank statement. If your original payment source is unavailable, we will refund the purchase amount to your PlayStation Network wallet.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
or

“We have become aware that the product Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number has not received a proper rating from the Australian Classification Board and have therefore taken steps to remove the product from customers who have obtained the game through PlayStation Plus.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.”

poodaddy

You're really not missing much.

Pick up Reagan Gorbechev instead if available. Far better combat.
This might be a runner up for the worst post in this forum's history. Hotline Miami 2 is the best of this genre, and yes it is far better than the first one, with outstanding level design and vastly improved gameplay variety, not to mention the best OST in game history. Reviewers and gamers poo pooed it at the time because they're fucking babies and can't adapt to fair difficulty curves, but it is better than the first in all regards, and massively more replayable.

It's an essential game. Australians, if you can't buy it legally, figure out a way, it's worth it for this one.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
This might be a runner up for the worst post in this forum's history. Hotline Miami 2 is the best of this genre, and yes it is far better than the first one, with outstanding level design and vastly improved gameplay variety, not to mention the best OST in game history. Reviewers and gamers poo pooed it at the time because they're fucking babies and can't adapt to fair difficulty curves, but it is better than the first in all regards, and massively more replayable.

It's an essential game. Australians, if you can't buy it legally, figure out a way, it's worth it for this one.
nah. hated it. Constant deaths from invisible enemies off screen. Reagan Gorbechev is lacking in OST, but the gameplay is infinitely better. You swap between 2 characters and can position them at choke points to auto attack. It's just a great game all around. And your AI buddy can attack enemies off screen too so it makes it a bit more balanced.

images

You are making me want to try HM2 again though. Maybe I will. I thought it was a disaster years ago when I played it.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member
nah. hated it. Constant deaths from invisible enemies off screen. Reagan Gorbechev is lacking in OST, but the gameplay is infinitely better. You swap between 2 characters and can position them at choke points to auto attack. It's just a great game all around. And your AI buddy can attack enemies off screen too so it makes it a bit more balanced.

You are making me want to try HM2 again though. Maybe I will. I thought it was a disaster years ago when I played it.

tenor.gif

When the need to be a contrarian defies all logic and reasoning in a nutshell.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
tenor.gif

When the need to be a contrarian defies all logic and reasoning in a nutshell.
Honestly, not at all. Have you tried it? I got it RG for $1. It's far better. Like I said, you have two characters and can position them at strategic points for auto-attacks. All the melee and ranged weapons you could want. Much more intricate puzzle elements with traps and level layout. Only thing it's lacking is music and general art style is a bit bland, and those are the two areas HM dominates in, not gameplay.

Majormaxxx

Bro, even the devs admitted they made it unnecessarily hard.

Edit: the dev didn't even complete HARD mode himself. The game is not impossible, but it is much harder than 1, witch some cheap enemies off screen etc. It gets boring doing it over and over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom