• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do YOU organize all yo gaming shit?

jcorb

I imagine for those of us who've been gaming for 15+ years, I'm not the only one who struggles to keep things organized.

Not just the struggle for *space* for things you want easy access to, but also just making sense of the myriad of cords you accumulate over time. I think most people can probably relate to "here's a power plug, but I've got no idea what the hell it goes to", but also having a billion different USB cords in various lengths and connections floating around.

I'm in a particular pinch myself, as I'm staying in a *very* small bedroom, and find myself constantly tripping over one thing or another. I'm in a cleaning mood, but I find myself putting virtually every electrical item in a rough sort of "catch-all" space, and I know that's going to be an ungodly tangle of wires by the time I actually need something.

From gaming, to just broadly managing various cords for your PC or other devices, how do YOU guys keep all your shit neatly organized? Any advice?

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I am highly disorganized to a fault. I think the only solution for me would be to go 100% digital and trash/sell lots of old hardware.

Of course, my digital shit will still be highly disorganized but at least it wouldn't spill over into the real world.

Muffdraul

I lived in the same place for over 25 years. I had to move two years ago. I separated all of my games into separate 'book' boxes. My collection goes back to 1991. (Technically back to the early 80s if you count my TI994A and Microvision games.)

Suffice it to say, 99% of my gaming shit is still in those boxes and will never come out again. Having to deal with a collection that big nowadays taught me one thing: digital is better. Even if I own a physical PS4 or Xbox game, fuck it. If I really want to play it again that bad, I'll just buy it digitally. It's one of the nice things about being this old and having saved up enough to sleep on a huge pile of money. I can re-buy all the digital games I want without a second thought.

Last edited:
I have an robotic wife that cleans, organizes, gives me sex, and best of all doesn't bitch.

When I get tired of looking at her I replace her face.

She has oilgasams and says "Ooooh baby I'm oiling " when she cums.

BlackTron

k4ueew8.jpeg

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I organize everything by what it is used for and place them in different sections of a box. Then over a month or so they get completely disorganized as I use one thing or another. Then for 5 months or so I just pull everything out of the box and search through the giant pile. Then I organize everything by what it is used for and place them in different sections of a box.
Repeat.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I have so much space and shelving and yet I still haven’t organized my stuff since I moved into my house.

200.gif

Everything is put away.
I currently have my pants down, bent over for the all digital future to take its rightful place. 90% less wires, as well.

Valonquar

Mostly digital. Nice wood entertainment cabinet with a few drawers on one side and a sliding door on center and other side for reciever\consoles. Everything is hidden for the most part.

It's pretty easy these days as I'm mostly digital. Gravitated a lot to PC gaming and Steam. I have my PC on one side of my desk and PS5 on the other.

Probably need to figure out a better set-up though when I hopefully get two monitors in the near future.

Top Bottom