• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you sit?

kikkis

I bought new chair and I get lot of lower back discomfort quickly when sitting "ergonomically" with good posture. When I recline a bit I feel good for long time. I am wrong and should I just try to sit with good posture despite lower back discomfort?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Depends on the situation.

5NcXWbJ.jpeg

Toots

Gold Member
"Never cross your legs when sitting"
That's what my maternizing (they are older and mostly female) coworkers always tell me when they enter my office.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
What you might consider "ergonomically" doesn't mean it equals good posture. Discomfort sounds like your not able, or used to getting into a neutral sitting position. I'd guess on a lack of muscles and stiff muscles to begin with.

It would help to know where the discomfort lies and if there is some pain involved to suggest stretching exercises.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
My Herman Miller does it for me. I just sit "normally" and can stay that way all day.

Cyberpunkd

I bought new chair and I get lot of lower back discomfort quickly when sitting "ergonomically" with good posture. When I recline a bit I feel good for long time. I am wrong and should I just try to sit with good posture despite lower back discomfort?
You discomfort comes from the fact this is new position for your body, it needs time to adapt. It's the same as people with sedentary lifestyles that start running, they do 1km and are out of breath. Body is something that learns by repetition, your muscles involved in correct posture need time to get stronger.

I was for decades sleeping on my side with one hand below the pillow. Last year I learned how to do it while flat on my back. Nowadays I cannot sleep on the side anymore, the position feels incredibly uncomfortable (which is fucking shit, since I cannot hug my wife during the night).

GymWolf

Gold Member
My chair has a great lombar support with 2 independent possible regulations on paper, my problem is that i can't ever regulate this fucking thing because i don't know what i supposed to be the "right" position, having something that try to rape my spine is not comfy in any position...

Last edited:

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Been a desk sloucher since I started gaming on computers almost 40 years ago and been slouching on my desk at work for over 30 years. Not saying problems won’t develop eventually but so far… touch wood. When I try and sit correctly I get shoulder pain (probably cos my neck muscles got weak from slouching all my life).

Trilobit

I have no idea why they chose that thumbnail. That's not at all what they're saying. I've found when I've worked in an office environment that, like the video says, sitting sort of like I do when driving far away. That is, reclined backwards so my body can relax and even out the burden on the body. The best thing though is to take a break every half an hour, maybe grab a glass of water or print out something. Sitting still longer in one go isn't recommended.

Last edited:
Top Bottom