• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many copies will Astrobot sell on PS5, lifetime?

How many copies of Astrobot will be sold on PS5, lifetime?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

killatopak

Gold Member
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Markio128

Gold Member
I reckon it could easily sell more than 10 million units. Parents will lap this up at Xmas for the kids, and it’ll likely be a consistent seller for the remainder of the PS5’s life.

Hookshot

Gold Member
Should easily sell over 20 minutes by the end of it's lifetime

fRzd5wr.png
Problem with Sony's sales milestones that God of War 2018 is currently £7.99 https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/god-of-war/

So you never know how many were sold at full price or how many were given away with a bag of Cheetos. It all counts towards the total but should they really count? 20 million at £60 is great, 19 million at £8 not so much

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Problem with Sony's sales milestones that God of War 2018 is currently £7.99 https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/games/god-of-war/

So you never know how many were sold at full price or how many were given away with a bag of Cheetos. It all counts towards the total but should they really count? 20 million at £60 is great, 19 million at £8 not so much

They are also radically different games. I don't see the point in comparing a "cute" platform IP with a adventure "macho" IP. There's nothing similar in the PS5 list of million sellers, and in the PS4 one there's Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy which sold 2.5m according to wiki.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
It's 100% gonna outsell Ratchet & Clank 2016 and Crash Bandicoot 2-3 (all over 7M), you can only go up from there.

I see Astrobot closer to Crash Bandicoot than Ratchet & Clank in terms of gameplay. And was comparing only with PS4-5 games in terms of sales in recent hardware. Little Big Planet still is the closest comparison personally, and that gives me 6-7m mark.

nial

I see Astrobot closer to Crash Bandicoot than Ratchet & Clank in terms of gameplay. And was comparing only with PS4-5 games in terms of sales in recent hardware. Little Big Planet still is the closest comparison personally, and that gives me 6-7m mark.
It appeals to virtually the same audience, tho. I'd say even more than LBP.
Bolded, huh, I mentioned a PS4 game.

I actually think Sony is dealing with the perfect storm that puts Astro Bot on display to a wider audience. I could see 12 million by the end of the generation.

Hookshot

Gold Member
come on now
I’m not saying that happened but we don’t know the mix. Pokémon scarlet has sold 25 mil and we know it’s probably 25 mil at close to full price. God of war is at 23 mil but we can argue either way what percentage of those were full or not

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
It appeals to virtually the same audience, tho. I'd say even more than LBP.
Bolded, huh, I mentioned a PS4 game.

Ah, sorry, went to the original quote which also mentioned Crash Bandicoot 2-3. Hopefully it does at the very least as good as LBP, that was a pretty refreshing game much like Loco Roco.

nial

I’m not saying that happened but we don’t know the mix. Pokémon scarlet has sold 25 mil and we know it’s probably 25 mil at close to full price. God of war is at 23 mil but we can argue either way what percentage of those were full or not
The game had already sold 5M units by its first month, and it didn't even get its first permanent price cut ($20 less) until October 2018.

Hope a lot, so they get greenlight a second game with an even bigger team.
This game is a pure delight.

But looks positive, it’s peaking on many sales charts and the great review scores should even draw more people in.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Really difficult to ascertain where it will land. So much depends on when Sony eventually drops the price of the PS5 and by how much. Then there is a PlayStation handheld and then the eventual transmedia boost when they make a movie about Astro Bot.

It also depends on how hard Sony pushes the game. It's likely to get a strong push from them throughout the holidays and into next year, especially with all the 30th anniversary stuff happening.

It's not your typical seller on PlayStation and PS5 is probably too pricey to really get a lot of kids on the system. Parents won't want to buy PS5 for 500 (plus in other regions).

I could see a bundle next year that includes Astro Bot and Lego Horizon Adventure though after GTA6 drops. 300/350 for the digital system and both games.

odhiex

I suspect 10+ millions (sold) lifetime, and I hope 18+ millions combined when it comes to PS+, or PC (eventually)

Last edited:
The pricing change from PS4 to PS5 is significant, something like Ragnarok was 15m. units at the end of 2023, the cheapest price the PS5 version has been is $40.

Same with Niche-Man 2, and the same will apply with Astrobot, average price has changed from generations and that’s something a lot of people haven’t analysed yet.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I dont know, I hope sales well enough they could make more games, even new IP.

Success

6-10 million​

If it weren't for my catastrophic misread of the game before, I would have said 2 million tops.

blacktout

I voted 16-20 million, but after reading the replies, I'm starting to get the impression that I have been spending too much time in Nintendo sales threads and have no idea what a game like this would sell on a Sony platform.

Last edited:
Top Bottom