• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many copies will Astrobot sell on PS5, lifetime?

How many copies of Astrobot will be sold on PS5, lifetime?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just hope it makes a profit, so we can get another game. However considering it’s a relative small team compared to other game studios and also that it only took 3 years to make, the hurdle shouldn’t be too high.

I think people are underestimating it. The critical acclaim pretty much assures its going to win 'game of the year' at this point. These two things combined, will give it a sales boost and long legs. And even it takes two sold 16 million.
Plus, the success will likely propel it to release on PC eventually as well. Plus, Sony won't put it on subscription for quite a while after what happened to forbidden west.
So,I'm going with 10+ million by the end of this year and 16-20 million overall lifetime.
Sales on PC aren't counted here.

Plus, Sony won't put it on subscription for quite a while after what happened to forbidden west.
So,I'm going with 10+ million by the end of this year and 16-20 million overall lifetime.
They also released Forbidden west on PC, how is it selling on PS5? Not good. And what's happening with them missing their PS5 hardware forecast? An intern could tell them putting their games on PC is hurting them overall.

PeteBull

Voted 6-10m ltd, ofc i wish it would sell much more, like 20m but realistically i think cap will be 10m ltd while in launch window 5m is very likely/possible(so before any discounts).

Ozriel

M$FT
Plus, the success will likely propel it to release on PC eventually as well. Plus, Sony won't put it on subscription for quite a while after what happened to forbidden west.

It will likely be in Plus subscription within two years.
Forbidden West was an expensive game to make. Astrobot cost much less to make. There’s less opportunity cost for that title.

It's foolish to think it won't be a massive hit at this point It's just a question of how big. Christopher Dring was predicting 5 million in this year alone.

Besting College Football on amazon in USA already is no joke. It's sold out on Amazon US as well.

Fess

No idea but they just sold another one!
Been playing 3 worlds so far, easy but full of joy, feels like a Nintendo game, in all the right ways, only with high gfx fidelity for once.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Compared to every gen before? They have definitely stopped going hard on them.
I think Astro Bot works much better around Christmas season, tho. People are forgetting that it's still early September.

Not getting your point.

PS5 has had the following bundles: Spider-Man 2, God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Call of Duty MW3, Call of Duty MW2, NBA2K, EAFC, and Japan Only: FF16

The 2K25 bundle is active right now.

Astro Bot is a bit unknown to really throw onto a bundle expecting it to push units. 500 is still a lot for parents to drop. Not saying it won't happen, but also not sure I see the point. Maybe if the game sells REALLY well and gets a subsequent marketing campaign late fall early winter.

PatientGamer

Gold Member
Astrobot is already the best selling game on Amazon is about a dozen countries. It's very likely already passed 1.5 million already. I haven't seen this much fanfare for a PS game in many years.

It's also quite evergreen and has tons of replayability. I don't think it'll become 'old news' in 6 months. It has appeal across so many audiences and segments that I'd be surprised if it sells under 10 million in its lifetime.

I never buy games full-price and haven't done so in many years. There's a reason why my username is PatientGamer lol, but I had to bite with this one. And I bought the LE controller too. Money well spent.

Can Sony do more of this please? A-AA budget games; 12-15 hour playthrough. There are too many games that have zero respect for gamers' time.

Astrobot is already the best selling game on Amazon is about a dozen countries. It's very likely already passed 1.5 million already. I haven't seen this much fanfare for a PS game in many years.

It's also quite evergreen and has tons of replayability. I don't think it'll become 'old news' in 6 months. It has appeal across so many audiences and segments that I'd be surprised if it sells under 10 million in its lifetime.

I never buy games full-price and haven't done so in many years. There's a reason why my username is PatientGamer lol, but I had to bite with this one. And I bought the LE controller too. Money well spent.

Can Sony do more of this please? A-AA budget games; 12-15 hour playthrough. There are too many games that have zero respect for gamers' time.
We haven't seen this since God of War on PS4 (critically and commercially at this point). This is why I think it will eventually cross the 20 million number.

Holographicman

Neo Member
Should be solid, my brother has a ps5 but is clueless about new releases, showed it to him and he liked. I have a PS4 pro, but will get the game on PS5 pro for sure!

Kikorin

1-5 millions probably, 3D platforms are a niche genre if you are not called Mario. If they'll release it on Switch too, then maybe 10 millions.

SkylineRKR

With Concord flopping and even being withdrawn Sony can go all out with this one now since its their only in house game for this period.

And you know, I think this game comes out at the right time. There is a lot of shit going on with GaaS push and corporate design. Astro Bot feels like a game made for gamers, its fun to play. Its fresh amidst the copy paste shooters. Its also washing away the bad press generated by Concord last week, Sony actually has a high quality first party release to show.

nial

Not getting your point.

PS5 has had the following bundles: Spider-Man 2, God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, Call of Duty MW3, Call of Duty MW2, NBA2K, EAFC, and Japan Only: FF16

The 2K25 bundle is active right now.
I'm not saying that bundles stopped existing altogether, but outside of sports titles and ready-for-holiday games, they aren't pushing them as much as they used to.
Horizon Zero Dawn had a PS4 bundle as soon as the game was released, Horizon Forbidden West didn't get a PS5 bundle until 7 months after the game was released. Same thing with Gran Turismo Sport versus Gran Turismo 7.

nial

I'm really glad that we will see this small game outselling Days Gone.

Last edited:

tanners

Neo Member
AB's sale was okay but not very amazing ,which made to #4 spot at US PS Store.
that was pretty mediocre rank i'll say.

Top Bottom