• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many FOX shows have come and gone during "The Simpsons" 500 episode run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Its a shame Millennium wasnt on during early 90s Fox. If it were, they probably would have got the green light to actually go through with the original ending to season 2.

edit: i should clarify that they did go through with the original ending to S2.. they just fired the head writers and undid everything with S3 lol

"No, it's not a payphone--it's a PORTABLE PHONE!" *Canned laughter*

How is that any different than That 70s Show? The first season of that show was rife with nods to the 70s.

"Hey look bell bottoms!" or "Hey Look, Disco!"

I still maintain that had the show been allowed to grow, it would have been good or better than it's predecessor (mainly by the sheer fact that as decades go, the 80's trumps the 70s)

I'd love to see a new show like that.
Who knows how similar this will end up, but just a few minutes ago I was reading this interview with Tim and Eric...
Now that Billion Dollar Movie is out, what projects are you working on?

TH: We're going to take a breath and see what it all means. But we're really exploring a couple ideas about the end of the world. We think it's good fodder for comedy. In our vision, the end of the world is something that happens very slowly and painfully.

EW: It's a new television show that is in development right now. It's still really top secret, but it's the new Tim and Eric show about the end of the world. It's going to be a really fucked-up, non-sketch show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom