• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many people are normally online in PS2 and Xbox Live games?

I just logged into Monster hunter and there's over 1,000 people online.

Does that seem like alot? I haven't played many online console games.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Socom 2 = Guaranteed 20k+ people on nights. Not sure what the count is now since the game is greatest hits. When I was playing it for the last couple months, the max number of people usually hit around 25-30k at night.

I had fun yesterday with ESPN NHL2k5.

I beat some dude 1-0 in overtime with my habs(and he had the leafs, sweet sweet irony).

I must repeat the experience.

Though something I hated was I had to endure that crappy TV style camera play.
Why couldn't I play with the traditional camera vue.

oh there was around 1500 people on NHL2k5 yesterday.

jedimike

seismologist said:
So what does it just show a bunch of servers when you log onto Xbox Live?

Basically... if you select optimatch and don't use any filters, you'll get a list of all servers available. Only one time have I ever put in an XBL game and not found anyone else playing. That was Magic: Battlegrounds on a weekday afternoon.

Some games that always have a lot (sorry, can't quantify) of people playing are...

Crimson Skies
Counter Strike
Mech Assault
R6III
... and anything new

I can't speak for PS2 online since I only have a few games that use the BBA (SOCOM, CoN). If Monster Hunter would 've supported voice chat I would've snatched it up in a heartbeat! XBL is always populated with players in a large variety of games. The Tom Clancy games always have people online (i.e. Ghost Recon, Pandora Tomorrow, R63), then some of the older games have a cult following (i.e. Unreal Championship, Mech Assault, Solider ot Fortune). You can always find a game in Rallisport Challenge2, Crimson Skies, Project Gotham2, Full Spectrum Warrior, Unreal 2 XMP... just name it. The coolest community out ther ehas to be the Steel Battalion:LoC folks, talk about dedicated?! The only game that I can't players for is Shadow Ops: Red Mercury, I must be one of the 7 people that purchased a copy. Right now on XBL the hot things are ESPN NFL/NBA 2K5, Madden, Burnout 3, R63:BA, and Star Wars Battlefront.

Top Bottom