• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much did the original Jak and Daxter sell is regions outside NA?

jarrod

Banned
In Japan...

-Jak & Daxter (147,014)
-Jak II (8,554)

-Ratchet & Clank (538,029)
-Ratchet & Clank GC (223,535)

-Sly Cooper (22,166)

...Sony's having a bit of trouble finding their CRash/Spyro replacements I'd say. ;)

jarrod said:
In Japan...

-Jak & Daxter (147,014)
-Jak II (8,554)

-Sly Cooper (22,166)

...Sony's having a bit of trouble finding their CRash/Spyro replacements I'd say. ;)

Maybe because it doesn't work anymore? They don't have the same demography they had with the PSX. The competition this time is much more mature.

Littleberu said:
Maybe because it doesn't work anymore? They doesn't have the same demography they had with the PSX. The competition this time is much more mature.

Yep, no mascot game is selling like it did last gen.

jarrod said:
In Japan...

-Jak & Daxter (147,014)
-Jak II (8,554)

-Sly Cooper (22,166)

Those figures are sad, especially since Jak 2 and R&C2 Going Commando are both superior to J&D and R&C.

jarrod

Banned
Littleberu said:
Maybe because it doesn't work anymore? They don't have the same demography they had with the PSX. The competition this time is much more mature.
Yeah this is partially true... the female/kids/family demographic that ate up Crash on PS1 seems to have deserted consoles entirely. This has also hurt GameCube relative to N64 (though to a lesser extent)... I think Japanese kids are happy enough with just GBA.

Still, all Sony's new efforts have fallen way short of the success they managed with Crash & Spyro... that has to be a little troubling for them considering the resources they've pumped into making and promoting these new mascots.

Top Bottom