• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HuniePop Steam |OT| We just play it for the puzzles

JustinBB7

Any tips for unlocking outfits? Want to 100% this game and that's the last thing I need, I keep going on dates and having to fail them because I already have that outfit. Pretty annoying way to get 100% this way :/

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Any tips for unlocking outfits? Want to 100% this game and that's the last thing I need, I keep going on dates and having to fail them because I already have that outfit. Pretty annoying way to get 100% this way :/

They wear different outfits to different dates, and those depend on the time of day.

image.php

Of course we can't.

nikos

Finished getting all the panties tonight. Was hoping for orgy final stage but it never happened. WTB DLC.

Chariot

Hey guys! As some of you already know we are going to be pushing a small update to the game for valentines day. It's only appropriate! The update is currently planned to go live Friday (Feb 13th, 2015) night, a few hours before midnight. So tell your significant other and/or dakimakura that you're going to be busy.

It will be updated on Humble and MangaGamer as well as Steam. While Steam will automatically update, you have to manually go download the new build from the other distribution services. Feel free to delete and replace your old game executable. You will not lose your save data.

Here are the details of the update:
  • Ending Scene: HuniePop is decidedly not a story heavy game, but some players felt a little disoriented at the end; wondering if they had "beaten" the game. So we put together a short conclusion scene between Kyu and the player, just for closure. For players that have already completed the game, you can access this scene by spending the night with
    Venus
    one more time. Kyu will visit you the following morning.
  • 100% Completion Changes: We have implemented a few changes that begin to take effect after the player has witnessed the ending scene. These changes will help make getting to a 100% completion rate much less of a grind.
  • You will be able to buy girls' collection items directly from their collection screen, but at a steep Hunie cost.
  • You will be able to choose which date location to go to with girls that you have already spent the night with.
  • The chance of getting a "learn a detail" question when talking with her will double for girls you have already spent the night with.
  • Alpha Mode: We have added a new post-game feature called "Alpha Mode". Alpha mode is sort of like an endless freeplay mode. You will be locked into the "Hard" difficulty setting and each date you go on will be progressively more difficult, indefinitely. The challenge is to see how many Alpha mode dates you can get through. To activate Alpha Mode you have to give Kyu each of the
    pairs of panties, but you can only do this after you have witnessed the ending scene.
  • Steam Achievements: As highly requested we've added 20 Steam Achievements to unlock; half progress and half challenge. The progress achievements will be unlocked retroactively. All you have to do to retroactively unlock is boot up the game and load into your save file. If you'd rather earn them from scratch simply start a new save file.
  • We have completely re-done Kyu's final CG photo, replacing the old one (The old photo will be included in the KS digital art collection and will be floating around the net I'm sure, so it's not going anywhere).
  • You can exchange the Tissue Box for a new special date gift that you can't get any other way.
  • If you happen to have tossed away a pair of panties, you will now be able to re-earn them by spending the night with that girl again.
  • You now must also have spent the night with Kyu, in addition to the eight normal girls in order to unlock
    Venus
  • Your date's bra will fall off halfway through the bedroom bonus round.
  • A handful of game balance tweaks and a handful of minor bug fixes.
  • Version number and censored/uncensored flag added to title file load screen.
  • Note: This update requires a change to the structure of the save file so once you upgrade, you will no longer be able to play previous builds of the game.

--

Hooray, an ending and cheevos!~

Nice. Does the update go live on Saturday? I'm still working on Kyu, Momo, and Venus while trying to get 100% of everything for everyone else.

Alpha mode sounds interesting. What is the limit to difficulty in normal mode? The puzzles are still getting harder with each date that I complete.

♥ Your date's bra will fall off halfway through the bedroom bonus round.

THEY GOT MY EMAILS!!! :D

Seriously though, that all actually sounds pretty good. Looking forward to getting back into it and enjoying the new features, an actual ending, achievements etc. Good job!

pariah164

A friend got me this game as a joke. Joke's on them, or me, not sure which, because I'm legit having fun with this. The dialogue makes me cackle like a stoned hyena, and I am by no means taking it seriously, but the puzzle games DO get really challenging later on.

Nikki is the best girl.

If you know TotalBiscuit you know he has a wife.

Unrelated, but I wish she would do more to keep his jerky mouth shut, especially with regards to Hashtag That Must Not Be Named.

Overall, I've been hearing good stuff about this game and might just pick it up sometime. I'm a mega feminist and want to see better portrayals of women, but stuff like HuniePop doesn't necessarily keep me from enjoying a good game or story otherwise.
I've played/read quite a few visual novels.

NastyBook

My first Steam game that my brand new refurbished from some office in Chicago PC can run!

Gonna romance the SHIT out of Beli. But first...this cougar.:pPPPPP

Makio

I got a response from Beli's VA and now I may have to reorder the tier list.

Man i need to know who is the girl behind that voice , men Beli is my waifu in that game just for her voice (and personality too). But damn is the first time im in love with a voice actress that fast.

And the one of
Momo
man that chick give me diabetes everytime i hear her.

Actually i want to know the cast of the game , they are very good actress but the only one i know is Lola (Kira Buckland) which is getting more roles in games and anime . The others looks like underated voice actress.

But love the cast in general and the music like some say.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Sheesh, it's trying to rally that anti-"SJW" demographic even more... will it save this game despite lousy art? Stay tuned!

Edit: Well, the reddit tread's at +950. https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3h48t5/nsfw_huniecam_studio_announced/

Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/comments/499804380

"Up to 20 unique girls who don't mind showing a little skin to pay off that liberal arts degree.
Send your girls to the Strip Club to increase their talent, the Convention Center to meet with fans, the Day Spa to relax a bit, etc...
Unlock hot new outfits and hairstyles to attract more desperate nerds to your shows.
Purchase sex toys and other kinky accessories to aid the girls' performances and boost viewership.
Promote your studio on other adult sites and fetish communities online.
Analyze important statistics on your performers and fans to optimize revenue.
Become a successful entrepreneur in the sex industry and die alone with no one to inherit your fortune."

Top Bottom