• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HuniePop Steam |OT| We just play it for the puzzles

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Worst girl is Mega Bitch which is why people are voting for her; she stands out.
Aiko is just sexy as fuck.

Lyonaz

I spent 15 hours playing this game when I bought it, unlocked the whole uncensored Gallery too.

I regret nothing!

Mononoke

Banned
Aiko isn't bad she has a light hearted personality and likes goofing around. Worst girl I was refering to was Audrey

Ah okay. Well yeah I hate Audrey too. I don't hate hate Aiko, but I do find some of her dialogue bad. But Audrey has the worst personality, and worst dialogue. Easily. Don't know why she's being voted so high up.

Finished the game and now I have to write up my review. I'm going to make the site I work for look a bit odd considering I just uploaded my NEKOPURA Vol. 1 review and now this....Also fuck Audrey, Kyanna and Celeste for life!

Annubis

Just give me a decent ending, where I confess to a girl and the game ends in a relationship instead of some fuck buddy harem where I lie to at least five girls (lots of statements are contradicting each other, so I have to lie at some points).

Yeah, I'm tired of lying to Tiffany saying I'm dating 7 other girls =(
It's 11 other girls

Chronoexe

Just give me a decent ending, where I confess to a girl and the game ends in a relationship instead of some fuck buddy harem where I lie to at least five girls (lots of statements are contradicting each other, so I have to lie at some points).

This, I need to know what happen if Jessie discover I been doing stuff with his beloved daughter.

Mononoke

Banned

Yep. lol

But given the developer, I assume he wanted a fuck buddy harem. =/

So basically, the game has good ideas. But the way it's executed, and the person making it...

Sigh.

All VN chars look the same:

tumblr_m2yp57GYtJ1rpht65o1_400.gif

Make that all anime characters look the same. I swear, when it comes to faces, almost everyone resorts to having a small variety to tack onto any character so they can still look "kawaii".

dani_dc

I have no idea how Aiko is winning the poll, she was one of the least striking characters in this game, she had good CG's but that's about the only thing worth noting about her character.

All in all, prob give it a 5 or 6/10. It does some things great. Doesn't feel like a complete game, or fleshed out enough.
That's pretty much the issue with the game.
For a game 1 year in the making it feels very light in content.

IMO Beli is prob the best in terms of personality. I liked her dialogue, and she felt realistic.
Yeah, this is the truth.

EDIT: I'm more surprised people like Audrey second. I hated her. Thought her dialogue was annoying, and she was an obnoxious terrible person. Guess I'm just at odds with people in terms of my taste in women. Hahah. Oh well.

That's exactly why people like her, if it was real life she'd be an awful person with who I wouldn't want any kind of interaction with, but as a game character she was super entertaining.

This, I need to know what happen if Jessie discover I been doing stuff with his beloved daughter.

Tiffany is Jessie daughter?
I completely missed this.

See, this would be one of those fun things to develop which could lead to more dialogue like the amazing Audrey introduction scene. What a waste of potential.

HawthorneKitty

I imagine the daughter would be the one having issues.
I think it would be a great, touching reconciliation arc where Jessie ultimately gives up her current profession as she stayed only because her daughter exited her life and she became depressed, stuck with the only thing she knew how to get by. In the end, she only cares about her daughter and then the player then gets gated from sexing either of the two; they thank you for bringing them together though.

dani_dc

Wait wha??
Oh fuck...
I swear, I only did your mom for completion.

EDIT: seriously... how did I miss both of them having the same last name???

Lets be honest, did you bother remembering any of the girls last names?

I think it would be a great, touching reconciliation arc where Jessie ultimately gives up her current profession as she stayed only because her daughter exited her life and she became depressed, stuck with the only thing she knew how to get by. In the end, she only cares about her daughter and then the player then gets gated from sexing either of the two; they thank you for bringing them together though.

And that's how Tifany daughter got an half-aunt-half-sister of the same age in her life.

Annubis

Lets be honest, did you bother remembering any of the girls last names?

Honestly, I remember most stuff about the 3 girls I like and don't give a damn about the rest.
So I didn't even read what Jessie answered for last name.

(3 being Tiffany, Nikki and Beli)

ShyMel

One of the changes in the update involves Kyu getting a new final CG and the rough draft of it is on Twitter. On the Tiffany Jessie thing, I believe it's explicitly mentioned on their profiles on the game's website, but I don't think the game makes it clear at all. In fact the profiles on the website mention quite a few things that you don't really see in the game.

HawthorneKitty

One of the changes in the update involves Kyu getting a new final CG and the rough draft of it is on Twitter. On the Tiffany Jessie thing, I believe it's explicitly mentioned on their profiles on the game's website, but I don't think the game makes it clear at all. In fact the profiles on the website mention quite a few things that you don't really see in the game.
Their relation is in the op too, but why would anyone want to read about them?

Mononoke

Banned
I have no idea how Aiko is winning the poll, she was one of the least striking characters in this game, she had good CG's but that's about the only thing worth noting about her character.

That's pretty much the issue with the game.
For a game 1 year in the making it feels very light in content.

Yeah, this is the truth.

That's exactly why people like her, if it was real life she'd be an awful person with who I wouldn't want any kind of interaction with, but as a game character she was super entertaining.

Tiffany is Jessie daughter?
I completely missed this.

See, this would be one of those fun things to develop which could lead to more dialogue like the amazing Audrey introduction scene. What a waste of potential.

Fair enough about Audrey. Guess I just can't get past my personal tastes :p

Lain

Well, Jessie mentions having a daughter in the 20s she doesn't talk with anymore, and they have the same last name, plus they have similar physical traits. I haven't talked with Tiffany enough to see if she talks about her family. The game doesn't make it explicit in your face, but it's easy to pick on it I think.

Audrey needs better CG, hers were the most disappointing. Aiko's were close, too.

Best is Beli, followed by Kyanna, and Nikki.

Best line is still:
Thanks for the sex homie!

Astarte

Just started this and expected a cringefest but....I'm actually really enjoying this. I wish the dialogue didn't cut out if you tried to read the rest of the sentence by clicking though

Astarte

Just finished getting Beli's path done. I adore Beli and I'm a big fan of Audrey. Jesus christ, Audrey is just too ridiculous for me not to like.

dani_dc

The game has a rather high positive % rate on Steam.

Honestly, I remember most stuff about the 3 girls I like and don't give a damn about the rest.
So I didn't even read what Jessie answered for last name.

(3 being Tiffany, Nikki and Beli)

I couldn't recall most details about the majority of girls I would say, though maybe I'm undercutting myself.

I remember everything about my waifu Jessie! Even where she gave someone a blowj... errrr.

Of course you would, it's all on tape.

Top Bottom