• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

caliph95

Well with the current dub it makes sense cause I knew there was something off with how he spoke from the very beginning, I just didn't know that's what the reason was. When it comes to the actual Japanese voice being broken up I didn't even notice it. 99 anime Feitan speaks like he's reading off the script from the Malaysian dub.
At least he is going on about killing the kurta people

caliph95

"Hey viewers you may not remember who I am, but let me explain my obtuse Nen bullshit."

He did it cause he works for the Ghost Brigade.

He just uses music from holes in his body due to culture of his clan to summon nukes.

Ok i seriously was going to say how simple it is then typing it out i remember the amount of detail just to say i use music to summon planets and disorient the enemy.

He just uses music from holes in his body due to culture of his clan to summon nukes.

Ok i seriously was going to say how simple it is then typing it out i remember the amount of detail just to say i use music to summon planets and disorient the enemy.
It is one of the funniest reveals especially because you just assume he's a boxing mummy.

Bonolenov, in the manga (of course, what else) has like either one or two speech bubbles in the entirety of Yorknew during the moment where Kalluto helps Illumi help Hisoka to sneak out of the base. No more than a few words

(Top-left corner of this):
hunter13_017.png

The 1999 OVA just had Franklin speak those lines instead because why bother, and the 2011 anime had the fast pacing so the scene was glossed over

Bonolenov, in the manga (of course, what else) has like either one or two speech bubbles in the entirety of Yorknew during the moment where Kalluto helps Illumi help Hisoka to sneak out of the base. No more than a few words

(Top-left corner of this):

The 1999 OVA just had Franklin speak those lines instead because why bother, and the 2011 anime had the fast pacing so the scene was glossed over
"Bonolenov is just a mute." *50 eps later* "Wait he fucking talks?!!"

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
It is one of the funniest reveals especially because you just assume he's a boxing mummy.

Yeah his outfit does not at all make you think of tribesman from the HxH world's version of the Amazon who pierces giant holes through their entire body to turn it into a musical instrument and this guy took a step further and made it his Nen ability.

caliph95

Yeah his outfit does not at all make you think of tribesman from the HxH world's version of the Amazon who pierces giant holes through their entire body to turn it into a musical instrument and this guy took a step further and made it his Nen ability.

I mean you have Phinks first appearance that gives you the idea that his poweris probably simple so his punch ability is not a surprised.

Then this shit:
FP_SkBJd.jpeg

I mean you have Phinks first appearance that gives you the idea that his poweris probably simple so his punch ability is not a surprised.

Then this shit:
FP_SkBJd.jpeg
I feel like his costume change was Togashi realising shit he's supposed to have an Egyptian theme.

His first appearance was actually with that whole garb
you guessed it! in the manga

But, he's worn that earlier in episode 45 during Yorknew as well

Phinks has the worst fashion sense though. He dresses like a Russian mobster half the time.

Did anybody ever peg Feitan's power before the reveal?

I don't think so.

Does he has a nen power around interrogation because that's what most of the talk was about.

He seems good at it and everyone thought it was a power of his, which was odd as they had Paku.

But I don't think there was ever a reason to suspect he could deal back damage taken in a fight.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I don't think so.

Does he has a nen power around interrogation because that's what most of the talk was about.

He seems good at it and everyone thought it was a power of his, which was odd as they had Paku.

But I don't think there was ever a reason to suspect he could deal back damage taken in a fight.

I think they're aware of Feitan's power as they all warn Kalluto to get the fuck out of there before it activates.

woopWOOP

Togashi gave like the whitest white dude in the Phantom Troupe a fictional middle eastern race, unless he looks vastly different in the manga. I also find it funny that Togashi put that much thought into Phinks of all people.
I vaguely remembered he had a different skin tone on one of the manga covers, but it turns out it's just a darker shade of pale.

and Hisoka's green for some reason

I know but a man can dream

Also that's the dumbest ant "I don't even know what weapons or nen abilities he has but let him make a free shot, there's no way he is going to be able to kill me"
I mean any of the PT would've killed him any way, but he picked the worst one to try that game with. Even Kalluto would've killed him and he's discount Kohnone.

Top Bottom