• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Loris146

from reddit [you know the drill]

Togashi's comments from #364
"I grateful to my physiotherapist. Finally my lower back pain has been defeated!"

VV3QkCg.gif

Kyuur

I mean, no mention of back pain is still good!

Edit: Spoilers are up.

Kurapika nerfed or will die by the end of this arc; ET reduces his life span by 1 hour for every second of activation. His steal chain can give the stolen ability to another person (Oito in this case), so it seems like he took his master's words into account and this actually lets him effectively work in a group. Not sure if giving the ability to someone else lets him come off ET from the translation. He stole another ability immediately this chapter but didn't set it (revealing the ability and preparing it) so I don't think ET has to be up for that? He's concerned about how long until the banquet so either there is another time restriction involved or he's still in ET.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I mean, no mention of back pain is still good!

Edit: Spoilers are up.

Kurapika nerfed or will die by the end of this arc; ET reduces his life span by 1 hour for every second of activation. His steal chain can give the stolen ability to another person (Oito in this case), so it seems like he took his master's words into account and this actually lets him effectively work in a group. Not sure if giving the ability to someone else lets him come off ET from the translation. He stole another ability immediately this chapter but didn't set it (revealing the ability and preparing it) so I don't think ET has to be up for that? He's concerned about how long until the banquet so either there is another time restriction involved or he's still in ET.

TOGASHI!

Decided to pop in here since the Toonami thread probably isn't the best page to dump my impression on the manga as I go through it for the first time.

Anyway:

greedisland.png

apg4Wvc.png

Daingurse

Decided to pop in here since the Toonami thread probably isn't the best page to dump my impression on the manga as I go through it for the first time.

Anyway:

greedisland.png

apg4Wvc.png

Are you trying to say that that pic kinda represents the GI arc? Cause that's pretty funny. Greed Island was a data dump for sure, with all the game rules and shit. Really detailed stuff. Togashi could have made an entire series based on that arc's concept alone.

Euphony

Banned
Early spoilers are the worst if they aren't paired with an early release. The wait is going to be excruciating if it isn't.

Mael

Because we have raws and spoilers seem to be correct based on raws
people complaining about Kurapika being OP now know why Emperor Time isn't so OP at all.

Mael

Dolphin stand: "Motherfucker turn that shit off."
It's funny because otherwise the dolphin expodumping for no reason would absolutely makes no sense and feel contrived otherwise.
Heck the dolphin TALKING instead of kurapika just knowing would make no sense in a way.
It feels like shonen trope about people rambling about the attacks they're throwing like Bleach.
Now we know why.
That's true and I did enjoy the latest OP chapter
where's Pudding though :(
. Korean scans are already up so hopefully we don't get a repeat of last week.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeext

It's funny because otherwise the dolphin expodumping for no reason would absolutely makes no sense and feel contrived otherwise.
Heck the dolphin TALKING instead of kurapika just knowing would make no sense in a way.
It feels like shonen trope about people rambling about the attacks they're throwing like Bleach.
Now we know why.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeext
It's the opposite of APR. This would be like APR explaining what it does instead of Knuckle doing it himself.

Mael

It's the opposite of APR. This would be like APR explaining what it does instead of Knuckle doing it himself.

The thing about APR (or Hakoware) is that Knuckle doesn't need an explanation because he made the ability for that.
We only get to know about it because he's a nice guy to Gon.
If he never explained it, Gon would have been fubar for no reason we could tell.
Yupi never understood the ability and was pretty fine about it.
Dolphin is explaining BECAUSE Kurapika NEEDS the remainder AND the quickest way to get rid of Dolphin is have the stolen ability explained after a quick analysis (and on top of that he cannot experiment the ability since they're all oneshot anyway).
It's a really well thought out ability!
And now since we know the price to pay, it's not something he can just spam like it's nothing.

The thing about APR (or Hakoware) is that Knuckle doesn't need an explanation because he made the ability for that.
We only get to know about it because he's a nice guy to Gon.
If he never explained it, Gon would have been fubar for no reason we could tell.
Yupi never understood the ability and was pretty fine about it.
Dolphin is explaining BECAUSE Kurapika NEEDS the remainder AND the quickest way to get rid of Dolphin is have the stolen ability explained after a quick analysis (and on top of that he cannot experiment the ability since they're all oneshot anyway).
It's a really well thought out ability!
And now since we know the price to pay, it's not something he can just spam like it's nothing.
There doesn't really seem to be any asspull Nen skills.

HStallion

I'm still curious what Gon will say for Jajanken in the English. There are several different ways to play Rock Paper Scissors in the Western World.

HStallion

They'll keep Jajanken, I feel. Kind of like Kamehameha or Rasengan.

It feels like one of those moves that would benefit from a direct translation though considering what he's actually saying. Kamehameha doesn't really translate well into something Goku could yell when using it.

SalvaPot

It feels like one of those moves that would benefit from a direct translation though considering what he's actually saying. Kamehameha doesn't really translate well into something Goku could yell when using it.

Turtle Wave? Dunno, lol.

What is the most common way of playing RPS? Rock, Paper, Shoot?

"First comes rock, Rock... Paper... *Choice*"

HStallion

Turtle Wave? Dunno, lol.

What is the most common way of playing RPS? Rock, Paper, Shoot?

"First comes rock, Rock... Paper... *Choice*"

I've never actually heard anyone say it that way. It's usually just "Rock Paper Scissors". Maybe the word "shoot" at the end but that's usually it.

Wait there are different languages in the HxH universe?
JrItwDO.png

(OMG, IT'S MENACING!!)

It seems Fei's native language is some form of backwards Japanese, I think? (Could be wrong. And it'll be some trip hearing this part in English) Or, however it might be considered in the HxH universe. If you listen closely to his regular dialogue, it's a bit broken up. The subtitles decided not to convey it, though

caliph95

It seems Fei's native language is some form of backwards Japanese, I think? (Could be wrong. And it'll be some trip hearing this part in English) Or, however it might be considered in the HxH universe. If you listen closely to his regular dialogue, it's a bit broken up. The subtitles decided not to convey it, though
The dub conveys it because you can actually understand the language and he does speak like it's his second language

The original 1999 made him sound ...............special in the dub?

Well shit, that's actually a pretty cool detail. I guess I don't pay enough attention to how he speak in the sub and it wouldn't be the obvious to me since I'm not a native Japanese speaker.

You can hear it in the dub(not sure if the YTuber did a thing with his 1999 voice and raise his pitch which probably what happned): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIIjLNQjY60
Well with the current dub it makes sense cause I knew there was something off with how he spoke from the very beginning, I just didn't know that's what the reason was. When it comes to the actual Japanese voice being broken up I didn't even notice it. 99 anime Feitan speaks like he's reading off the script from the Malaysian dub.

Top Bottom