• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

HGH

Banned
Unless you do the bare minimum for an OT, just call it an import impression thread. Its not that hard to do if you at least look up the simple requirements for what is to be contained in an OT information wise. Graphics are just an extra, but the information relevant to those both new and familiar with the series is a general must.

The Disgaea 5 thread was as "import impression" thread as it had literally nothing in there to call it an OT and had the OT removed from the title as a result.

Most import titles that do not get OTs people just make import impression threads as it does not require all the work with gathering the general information and organizing it in a post so it is not a mess to read.
Yeah I don't really have a PS4, but I'm watching my importer friend play through it(he's not on this forum though), so I'm kinda itching to talk about stuff but not enough to open a thread. Maybe now that it's actually out (it shipped early), some people will actually have it here and share opinions.
Thank you for the info though!

Huh, won't see neptune either then. Capture gallery is about the only system app I regularly see. Are they trying to make the fish thing the new Dogoo?
It kinda feels like they mixed things up. The interesting icons should have been in his place really. Also basically says he's Uranus' Histoire equivalent.
Also his voice is hilariously deep and out of place. Imagine looking at a cartoon fish and hearing, say, Steve Blum's most serious voice come out.

SerTapTap

It kinda feels like they mixed things up. The interesting icons should have been in his place really. Also basically says he's Uranus' Histoire equivalent.
Also his voice is hilariously deep and out of place. Imagine looking at a cartoon fish and hearing, say, Steve Blum's most serious voice come out.

I predict hating the fish and possibly Uranus at this point

There are some characters specifics themes on the store now,i see one for Neptune,waiting for the Noire theme.

Cool, will pay for Noire or Histy.

SerTapTap

This is pretty silly. At worst he'll be an exposition bot. And what did Uranus even do to offend you?

The fish already seems pretty bad, multiplied by the amount they're forcing it. I guess I can't really judge new girl by the fish though, no.

jonno394

Ok Neptunia U comes out in less than a month now, I fully expect the LE to be announced in this evenings Iffy Newsletter. Fingers crossed, hope it's a good'un.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ok Neptunia U comes out in less than a month now, I fully expect the LE to be announced in this evenings Iffy Newsletter. Fingers crossed, hope it's a good'un.

More like you better hope they dont screw things up with LE pre-orders lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So.... playing rebirth on the PC, and is
real arfoire
supposed to be impossible at my level? Level 60 now for my main party.

HGH

Banned
Currently I think my friend's halfway through VII and it's interesting to say the least. I think I'm gonna back on my import thread to say the least, maybe when we get further through the game/finish it. Or maybe I should just make a pastebin, interest in this series is so low after all.
Surprisingly easy to play without knowing a lick of Japanese though. Also the new music is so good. Especially the (very minor spoiler)
transformation BGM override.
More like you better hope they dont screw things up with LE pre-orders lol

Ah c'mon, there hasn't been mess ups since RB1 and that was basically Amazon+lack of preparation at work there. Currently their store and products are fine, outside of foreign shipping prices which seems pretty awful for most companies.
I've even seen some people make specific requests like wanting to have their cards charged earlier and they totally complied.

Vanguard

real arfoire

I wouldn't say impossible, but brutally hard at that level if I remember correctly. Rebirth 1 had such strange difficulty spikes in places.

SerTapTap

real arfoire

I dunno about levels, but spamming rush and EXE skills is the general path to OP-ness. Keep your group separate and don't be afraid to use expensive healing items. Regardless of (reasonable) level, she has a chance of doing some crazy high damage attacks IIRC but they should only hit one or two targets and thus it's not too hard to react to if you spread out.

Currently I think my friend's halfway through VII and it's interesting to say the least. I think I'm gonna back on my import thread to say the least, maybe when we get further through the game/finish it. Or maybe I should just make a pastebin, interest in this series is so low after all.
Surprisingly easy to play without knowing a lick of Japanese though. Also the new music is so good. Especially the (very minor spoiler)
transformation BGM override.

Ah c'mon, there hasn't been mess ups since RB1 and that was basically Amazon+lack of preparation at work there. Currently their store and products are fine, outside of foreign shipping prices which seems pretty awful for most companies.
I've even seen some people make specific requests like wanting to have their cards charged earlier and they totally complied.

The level graphics look improved from what I saw. Hoping the framerate is more stable than *w* Quinet, if it is I think I'll be happy with it graphics/perf wise from what I've seen. *w* already has decent IQ and level scale, put in the much better Neptunia art style and I'm there.

Yeah people give IFI way too much shit about preorders, it was a single fuckup and basically their first time. Importing sounds like it sucks, but what else is new. Haven't had a problem with IFI's store yet and I think I've bought everything they've sold (though the Noire fig was hard to get--but I knew that coming in and was there minute one.)

Includes limited edition breakaway clothes

I wouldn't say impossible, but brutally hard at that level if I remember correctly. Rebirth 1 had such strange difficulty spikes in places.

I REALLY wish they would patch that shit. I've lost track of how many people I've had to reassure on the series because of the stupid, EARLY difficulty spikes in that game when none of the other games do it. I kind of want to recommend people play Rebirth 2 first instead. Maybe I'll recommend Reb 3 after it comes out since it features the main cast.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hmm, thing is I can't break her armour fast down enough now or have my exe attacks or build exe quick enough to do enough damage to negate her healing on every turn.

Might as well have a look at some of these optional dungeons though.

SerTapTap

Hmm, thing is I can't break her armour fast down enough now or have my exe attacks or build exe quick enough to do enough damage to negate her healing on every turn.

Might as well have a look at some of these optional dungeons though.

Her healing is pretty extreme, and if you haven't dug into optional dungeons you may well be overleveled--the difficulty IS uneven, but I think a lot of people do themselves harm by not going to the optional dungeons. Rebirth 1 doesn't seem to treat them as actually optional, and there are a LOT of them (reb 2 calms the fuck down on that).

Sounds like you need to go play through some of the optional dungeons for a bit and make some new gear and crap if you like, but a fairly easy way to do it is use Vert, Plutia and Noire, spam their most expensive/highest hit Rush attacks (plutia and Vert in particular build it like mad), then spam EXE (but don't drop below 1 EXE level so you can abuse EXE finishers). I always start with Noire's EXE as it has lots of nice debuffs--I think Vert's does too.

If you want to be super safe, don't use all 3 characters EXE attacks, and leave Noire defending/using items while building rush, so Arfoire never gets too many turns on you at once. It's somewhat easy to forget, but Neptunia uses FFX style turn delays--it's just not very good at informing you how much you're delaying yourself. Using items and waiting is very low wait (moves your turn UP I think), a single normal attack is neutral wait, a full combo is mild wait, skills are moderate wait, EXE skills are high wait.

Also, if you have Combo Link, use it. I forget if it's in Rebirth 1 or what level it's learned at, but it's pretty OP for building rush (it will delay your turn a lot though).

Also don't really worry about Guard Break IMO. IF it happens, exploit the fuck out of it (chaining EXEs will almost always result in guard breaks), but I never bother using Break skills anymore just to break guard. It recovers too fast to spend multiple turns focusing on IMO and Rush/Power get the job done well enough.
The Steam version of Rebirth 1 isgetting close to 100k sales. http://steamspy.com/app/282900

I honestly never thought it would sell this much in such short period of time.

I'm not surprised it's fairly popular, though I honestly have no real concept of how much any particular game is "supposed" to sell.

Crayten

Banned
I'm not surprised it's fairly popular, though I honestly have no real concept of how much any particular game is "supposed" to sell.

The PlayStation Vita remake Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 sold 31,811 physical retail copies within its first week of release in Japan.

I wish we had more infos on Western Sales numbers besides Steam but i believe that the PC version outsells there Console parts. As an example the Preorder rankings for Rebirth 3 on amazon.com is pretty low (#1,514 in Video Games atm). So i highly doubt that the western Sales numbers surpasses the japanese on the Vita.

SerTapTap

IIRC it's western sales are usually higher than Japanese, not sure by how much. Kinda surprising how much neptunia merch is still japanese exclusive considering. I had to order a big 'ol box of books and stuff from Japan a while ago. Shame their figures mostly suck. Aside from the crazy expensive Neptune, and the still expensive Neptune nendoroid, the Noire chibi is probably their best figure all things considered. There's a bunch of $100 ones with screwed up faces I refuse to touch.

jonno394

I wish we had more infos on Western Sales numbers besides Steam but i believe that the PC version outsells there Console parts. As an example the Preorder rankings for Rebirth 3 on amazon.com is pretty low (#1,514 in Video Games atm). So i highly doubt that the western Sales numbers surpasses the japanese on the Vita.

I'd wager a lot of the sales for the Vita titles are people buying the Limited Edition through the Idea Factory site, and these titles sell well through PSN too, so don't read too much in to the amazon ranking for rebirth 3.

SerTapTap

Yeah I see absolutely zero reason to preorder an Idea Factory game before a Limited Edition is announced, just like NISA. If it's getting a physical release, it's getting a limited edition, and I might as well see what that is before I buy it.
because I am weak and will buy the limited edition in almost all cases

HGH

Banned
So someone dug through RB1 and revealed some interesting things.

-Damage from sides has a 1.2x multiplier. Damage from behind is 1.4x. This applies to you too.
-Damage from moves increases as the amount of hits increase
-If only one party member is alive (alternatively you have a 1 person party) their damage will be multiplied by 1.1x.
-Shares do in fact affect damage but also defense. They have no effect on stats though. A difference of 35% shares averaged something like 100 extra damage. The same difference also cut enemy damage by 430.

Kinda crazy what a game doesn't tell you isn't it?

Also someone help me I can't stop listening to this track
The level graphics look improved from what I saw. Hoping the framerate is more stable than *w* Quinet, if it is I think I'll be happy with it graphics/perf wise from what I've seen. *w* already has decent IQ and level scale, put in the much better Neptunia art style and I'm there.
Oh, it's definitely not just the graphics, the animation and framerate are great. Also the whole design is way better, these aren't your usual empty valleys and areas with nothing to do.
One dungeon has a teleporter that just takes you to an empty hill that overlooks the whole dungeon. I think someone was proud of their work.

SerTapTap

So someone dug through RB1 and revealed some interesting things.

-Damage from sides has a 1.2x multiplier. Damage from behind is 1.4x. This applies to you too.
-Damage from moves increases as the amount of hits increase
-If only one party member is alive (alternatively you have a 1 person party) their damage will be multiplied by 1.1x.
-Shares do in fact affect damage but also defense. They have no effect on stats though. A difference of 35% shares averaged something like 100 extra damage. The same difference also cut enemy damage by 430.

Kinda crazy what a game doesn't tell you isn't it?

Also someone help me I can't stop listening to this track
Oh, it's definitely not just the graphics, the animation and framerate are great. Also the whole design is way better, these aren't your usual empty valleys and areas with nothing to do.
One dungeon has a teleporter that just takes you to an empty hill that overlooks the whole dungeon. I think someone was proud of their work.

Oh yeah, they never tell you about the rear/side attack damage boost but it's real. Still best to surround most bosses instead of clumping in the back though. It's kinda annoying what IFI doesn't tell you sometimes--I thought Order Breaks in *w* were total random bullshit until I was literally writing my review complaining about them when I suddenly realized they (I think) trigger when you drop a boss to certain HP thresholds or kill all their minions. What I thought was random BS is a pretty interesting way to force you to take your time on bosses (or overkill in a single turn) but I almost didn't even notice.

I kinda wish the shares stuff weren't real though. Even the revamped shares stuff is kind of annoying and just playing the game normally results in your shares being a mess due to the seemingly random share changes quests make.

Good that the perf and graphics were better. I really love the visual style of the more surreal levels in Neptunia, like the cyberspace stuff and the hexcells maps in Victory. I mostly gave it a pass since it's art style is really cool, *w*'s landscapes are a lot uglier since it doesn't really do anything interesting like that, just lots of destroyed buildings. Are dungeons bigger? That was one thing *w* did a lot better than prior Nep games. Several big maps you revisit a few times and open up more areas in, instead of 2-3 copy-pastes of the same 8 "room" dungeons.

SerTapTap

Hmm, so from what I've read rebirth 2 and 3 aren't related to 1?

Every game is basically self contained. 2 could in theory be seen as a direct sequel but it completely retcons the ending of 1...and ignores basically everything else that happened. The games are sort of along the lines of the Star Trek/old TV show episodic nature where whatever happened last game is basically unrelated, just know the characters and their respective interactions. Though there's some references here and there to what happened in prior games, the stories could all be alternate universes for all it matters.

...oh also some games include alternate universes.

HGH

Banned
Nope. Mk2/RB2, Victory/RB3 and VII are all one continuity, while RB1 is its own little sidestory. Not really a spinoff but its canonicity basically is.

I kinda wish the shares stuff weren't real though. Even the revamped shares stuff is kind of annoying and just playing the game normally results in your shares being a mess due to the seemingly random share changes quests make.

Good that the perf and graphics were better. I really love the visual style of the more surreal levels in Neptunia, like the cyberspace stuff and the hexcells maps in Victory. I mostly gave it a pass since it's art style is really cool, *w*'s landscapes are a lot uglier since it doesn't really do anything interesting like that, just lots of destroyed buildings. Are dungeons bigger? That was one thing *w* did a lot better than prior Nep games. Several big maps you revisit a few times and open up more areas in, instead of 2-3 copy-pastes of the same 8 "room" dungeons.
Well they dumped that share system entirely. I'm... not sure how it works now, but it's not something that's transferred IE they start off all empty.
Dungeons are definitely bigger, they're not just 2 rooms anymore. Like, I never imagined having to go through a maze or a teleporter maze(don't worry it's not bad) or vertical climbing in a Neptunia game.
But well, this is Compile Heart. Asset reuse is a guarantee. What I can say is that 2 dungeons from previous games are back (Planeptune city from Victory and that one canyon/valley) but those are the only ones I saw. New dungeons I've seen reused once at most. There's also some old conversation music, but that comes with 40 new tracks for all kinds of situations so it's not as bad.

SerTapTap

Nope. Mk2/RB2, Victory/RB3 and VII are all one continuity, while RB1 is its own little sidestory. Not really a spinoff but its canonicity basically is.

Well they dumped that share system entirely. I'm... not sure how it works now, but it's not something that's transferred IE they start off all empty.
Dungeons are definitely bigger, they're not just 2 rooms anymore. Like, I never imagined having to go through a maze or a teleporter maze(don't worry it's not bad) or vertical climbing in a Neptunia game.
But well, this is Compile Heart. Asset reuse is a guarantee. What I can say is that 2 dungeons from previous games are back (Planeptune city from Victory and that one canyon/valley) but those are the only ones I saw. New dungeons I've seen reused once at most. There's also some old conversation music, but that comes with 40 new tracks for all kinds of situations so it's not as bad.

Does anything even really link Mk2 and Victory? You can basically view them as one continuous story except the ending of 1 is retconned, but it doesn't really matter if you do, they're all really self contained and may as well be spin offs, alternate universes, what have yous. I prefer to think of them all as the same characters continuously though, Victory's "two verts" thing is kinda weird.

Oh, good to see Shares gone then. Seen some PS4share screens of the game and the battle models look quite good. Looks like 4 characters per fight is still in which is good, rebirth 1 was really awkward with only 3, that's too few even if you ignore the Makers.

More new music sounds good. The old music was good but reused way too many times.

HGH

Banned
Also a soundtrack.
Bad IFI, bad. No more pandering to the bad people.
Then again it's not like there was much new in U in the first place so concept art is out of the question.

SerTapTap

A "pillow case", huh.

Anyway not really surprised, their western LEs are always pretty tame. The small Noire wall scroll was probably the best recent one, the soundtrack disks are welcome but they're never the full thing (absolutely always missing the opening song which is usually the best). Even the reb 1 LE that kept the Japanese keychain was lame, would prefer a non-pixel style keychain (found a noire one on ebay I keep trying to get)

HGH

Banned
Well to be fair the Japanese version was a cloth and drama CDs. Not exactly Western merchandise material.

SerTapTap

Well to be fair the Japanese version was a cloth and drama CDs. Not exactly Western merchandise material.

Yeah the drama CDs would be hard to do much with. I wasn't sure what was happening when I put one of the Senran Kagura Estival Versus CDs in and it was just Hibari or someone talking. Thought all the disks were music.

I guess we got the better LE if it comes with a disk that actually has any tracks not on other Neptunia sampler CDs. I hate those microfiber cloth things people include. Can't use it, too stupid to display it. A minimum of an art book would be nice though.

Oh yeah! Noire had the art book too, definitely the best so far IMO. Not a huge fan of the *w* Quintet stuff due to worse art style and not caring for pins or...an...autograph book?? But them including a non-bad cover for the game is great. Standard Edition looks dumb.

edit, they offically announced it (I didn't see it before the tweet, was it leaked or?)
OST art looks nice:
CDYQrCvUEAETeUZ.jpg:large

Hadoukie

Was on greenmangaming and saw this on sale. Not really sure if a JRPG is something I wanna dive into now, but this is swaying me a bit :p
ss_7a916849973724cc1ecc87af2c24f25485ef7a2e.jpg

So is it worth 10 bucks? If the combat is good, then I might consider it.

marcaeg

Hello guys ! I only played Re;Birth1 and I wonder if I can play to PP, U or Hyperdevotion now. Or maybe I need to play to Rebirth2 and 3 before ?

Vanguard

Hello guys ! I only played Re;Birth1 and I wonder if I can play to PP, U or Hyperdevotion now. Or maybe I need to play to Rebirth2 and 3 before ?

They're all very much self contained games and would only have slight references to other games if that to be honest, there's not really any story continuation whatsoever or progression between them. So you don't have to worry too much about missing anything imo.

I played two hours of Victory II yesterday, and so far it's been running smooth, the soundtrack is good too.
Not a lot has been unlocked yet though.

I guess it's a fitting sequel to Neptune V for now, that uses the hardware mainly to have good framerate rather than graphical prowess.
I'm interested in the scenario, can't wait to see how it goes with those three "timelines"

HGH

Banned

It's not too long, but if you want to get, you need a tolerance for anime and simplistic game. It's not the most complex game in the word and it has some kinks (difficulty balance, repetitiveness, asset reuse), so you'll have alternating opinions between "This is fun!" and "This isn't fun". It comes down to taste and preferences really.

RB2 and 3 are unrelated from 1, but if you want more of RB1's gameplay they'll work fine for you.
Hyperdevotion is a pretty simplistic S/TRPG. Lots of focus on environmental traps though, and also replaying old maps. It has a pretty big playable cast too. The focus is on Noire and the interactions are a bit skewed towards a male self-insert character if that kind of thing bugs you. Still has the mostly comedic dialogue and references but less of a coherent plot.
PP is to avoid unless you're a diehard fan of the comedy stuff.
I don't know about U, but I dislike Senran Kagura so I can't talk about in sincerity, but I don't feel it's that good.

I played two hours of Victory II yesterday, and so far it's been running smooth, the soundtrack is good too.

I guess it's a fitting sequel to Neptune V for now, that uses the hardware mainly to have good framerate rather than graphical prowess.
I'm interested in the scenario, can't wait to see how it goes with those three "timelines"
I don't think Compile Heart will ever use their hardware to its full extent, but I don't think this series needs it either. The animations and framerate are fine, and the cartoony anime style works well enough really. Plus they don't have the budget.
Yeah, the full soundtrack is pretty great. It's the same style as previous games but it just sounds better really.
Can you read Japanese? I'm interested in what's happening but me and my friend can't understand most of it. Halfway through G dimension right now.
I'd like to hear your opinion on the gameplay too(changes, difficulty, etc...). Eventually there seems to be a ton of optional stuff that opens up.

I don't think Compile Heart will ever use their hardware to its full extent, but I don't think this series needs it either. The animations and framerate are fine, and the cartoony anime style works well enough really. Plus they don't have the budget.
Yeah, the full soundtrack is pretty great. It's the same style as previous games but it just sounds better really.
Can you read Japanese? I'm interested in what's happening but me and my friend can't understand most of it. Halfway through G dimension right now.
I'd like to hear your opinion on the gameplay too(changes, difficulty, etc...). Eventually there seems to be a ton of optional stuff that opens up.

I can but I'm still way too early to have a clear picture yet, I have only beaten a few bosses in Zero Dimension. To situate things a bit more, let's me tell you I haven't even seen the face of the male speaking to Orange Heart via her watch (though I think he's
a talking monster
because she told us they exist and he coordinates that "species' " effort to get to safety)

SerTapTap

I was thinking, I know it's a Thing that Nepgear changes the least/not at all in CPU form, but do any of the sisters even act different in CPU form? I guess Uni is a teeny bit more boastful but she was anyway. Haven't really noticed with the twins because...ugh the twins. But they seem pretty much the same.

Was on greenmangaming and saw this on sale. Not really sure if a JRPG is something I wanna dive into now, but this is swaying me a bit :p

Easily worth $10. Combat is pretty good but could be deeper--some annoying difficulty spikes in Rebirth 1 only, but if you run through the optional dungeons and keep up on side tasks it shouldn't be too much. Great humor and characters, some fun outfits and stuff.

The game still looks WAY better than the Vita and PS3 games. IT was never going to be one of those games that burns framerate and IQ for Mega Graphixxx but it looks pretty damn good and doesn't really need to look like The Order to do it's artstyle justice. All I ask for is they keep the IQ clean and the performance stable while doing the character models the best they can and no smudgy low res textures on the enviornments.

It's not too long, but if you want to get, you need a tolerance for anime and simplistic game.

IIRC it's at least 20 hours isn't it? Hardly the longest JRPG (that's not really a bad thing though) but plenty long for $10

HGH

Banned
Well most of that is true except for that one reused canyon dungeon. It's literally the exact same, down to the horrible looking ground(I guess there's some dust clouds here and there). It's jarring really.

As for the sisters changing, well, after playing VII I think this is more relevant to voices. They don't sound too different in English but in Japanese the voice change is pretty huge. Ram and Uni sound way deeper in particular. Nepgear just sounds exactly the same.
Also their attitudes are way better than Mk2, from first impressions at least. They just interact better all around, and there's nothing like Uni having that cliche "i-it's not l-like I like you etc..." attitude.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but "20 to 30 hour RPG" seems on the shorter scale of length to me, no? All I said is it's not too long, since some RPG are 80+ hour ordeals is all.

The game still looks WAY better than the Vita and PS3 games. IT was never going to be one of those games that burns framerate and IQ for Mega Graphixxx but it looks pretty damn good and doesn't really need to look like The Order to do it's artstyle justice. All I ask for is they keep the IQ clean and the performance stable while doing the character models the best they can and no smudgy low res textures on the enviornments

I'm totally like you and HGH on this.
To me, the fact that the game is totally smooth is a real treat and just what I wanted.

Some games from Compile Heart on PS3 were rough on the edges so I'm glad they didn't repeat that "mistake".

I'll play some more tonight.

So I finally picked up Rebirth one again for the first time in a while and ended up getting my ass handed to me in the Chapter 6 boss after it dragged on forever. I looked up a video on YT and saw that the guy playing had everyone 40 levels higher than me... WTF? I know that's probably a bit over kill but how much grinding am I expected to do on my own? Mid to late 40s for everyone is evidently not enough for this fight.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So I finally picked up Rebirth one again for the first time in a while and ended up getting my ass handed to me in the Chapter 6 boss after it dragged on forever. I looked up a video on YT and saw that the guy playing had everyone 40 levels higher than me... WTF? I know that's probably a bit over kill but how much grinding am I expected to do on my own? Mid to late 40s for everyone is evidently not enough for this fight.

Use the higher lv dungeons. Not the standard ones, since you do that its pretty easy to get to stupid high levels fast. Granted you survive the combat in the high lv areas but its an insane amount of exp and faster than trying to just kill stuff in the normal ones.

HGH

Banned

I don't think you're supposed to grind that high, your levels seem fine. Most people finish the game around the 60s I think. Whoever you watched probably abused the Polytan Colosseum fight, which awards ludicrous EXP and can be cheezed with lightning resistance.

SerTapTap

It's very easy to overlevel in Neptunia reb 1, just fight some of the "risky foe" things in mid-late dungeons (good way to farm for medals, plans etc too), they're often easy to fell with EXE spam and give you entire levels' worth of XP. I think if you're in chapter 6 it wouldn't be too hard to overgrind if you like. I have no idea what level I was at any point in the game so I can't really recommend a level. Don't forget there's an Easy Modo plan that has no negative impact whatsoever also.

I normally wouldn't recommend over-leveling but the difficulty spikes in Rebirth 1 are a real pain in the ass and I wouldn't want anyone to burn out on the series because of them--they're a problem pretty unique to reb 1.

I'm totally like you and HGH on this.
To me, the fact that the game is totally smooth is a real treat and just what I wanted.

Some games from Compile Heart on PS3 were rough on the edges so I'm glad they didn't repeat that "mistake".

I'll play some more tonight.

Not just a Compile Heart problem, Tales looked pretty bad too, post Vesperia which was apparently really high budget. Judging from *w*, Nep VII and Estival Versus, it looks like the PS4 has enough oomph/ease of programming that lower budget anime games should pretty easily hit 1080p/60fps at a reasonable IQ level which is great.

Top Bottom