• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

SerTapTap

I noticed in Neptunia U their strategy for Makers (or whatever you'd call the magazine girls) is "just give them a sort-of HDD and put them on par with everyone else". I believe the company girls in VII have a similar transformation thing too, right?

That seems like a reasonable way to balance the Makers, aside from Cave/Falcom in Mk2 they were always way too weak. Just basically design them like any of the CPU characters gameplay-wise and throw whatever story explanation you feel like. Better than > half the cast being totally useless. Though they need more skills too, it's super annoying when the Makers have like 3 skills.

HGH

Banned
Yeah, they toyed with that idea in U then in RB3 with the "Full Release" transformation. Then VII went and added the Gold Drive but there will still 3 characters with 0 transformations.

http://www.compileheart.com/neptune/v2/collabo/

New countdown for some kind of collab (most likely Maker related from the text). It's posted on the VII website, which suggests it'll be DLC for the game rather than anything else.
So, anyone able to look into the source code for answers or are CH actually better coders than NIS?
Ok so ArcSystems is a shoe-in I feel. After that, for some reason I don't see many old characters coming back. And I can't think of many other cameos here.
Everyone seems to ask for a FromSoftware one but that's really unlikely. I think likely candidates are mostly low-key and niche companies, like Experience or something.

SerTapTap

So, anyone able to look into the source code for answers or are CH actually better coders than NIS?

Harsh. But no at present it's just a simple countdown timer with nothing left in naked HTML. They'll probably just manually add the content when the countdown is up, I'm surprised more publishers don't do that because many seem incapable of keeping the reveal server-side until the countdown is done.

Vylash

all done with Nep U, had a damn good time and it's nice that a bunch of the characters actually feel different, still have some of the postgame content to get through but overall i'm very happy with it

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
all done with Nep U, had a damn good time and it's nice that a bunch of the characters actually feel different, still have some of the postgame content to get through but overall i'm very happy with it

I'm really looking forward to it :) Behind on my Nep games, but doing a musou game would be a nice change of pace. How many hours did it take you to beat the main game, abouts?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Dynasty Warriors 8, taking it slowly, doing the what if routes and the Xtreme Legends expansion story stages, 129 hours clocked in and haven't finished the story yet... ^^;;

...wow... Yeah I figured DW would be a bit longer. I honestly don't mind a quickie game to play in between longer ones. Nep PP though... took longer than I thought as I went to get everyone's endings. I think I was only 2 trophies short on a platinum when I had my fill on it.

StayDead

Got this through the other day

VJC2B8l.jpg

Need to start playing Re;Birth 2/3 first so I'm probably going to be a while >_<

Rizzi

Is there ever a point to use the non CPU characters in Re;birth1?
The just seem like weaker characters in general.

SerTapTap

Regarding hard mode in Neptunia U, the easy-rip items are kind of like a hard mode since you take damage faster but it's not nearly as absurd as trying to use the lvl 1 thing.

Also the item that starts you out with full EXE gauge is fantastic, many times you can play a whole level without losing HDD with it. HDD is generally very fun. It actually feels like godly power instead of a minor spec bump.

Oh right, and the Viewer Mode/photo mode is fantastic. Except the put a big stupid "Viewer Mode" label in the bottom corner (that is compounded by the ugly of the watermark, fortunately they're in the same area). Cool to see Vita games with a photo mode.

Not especially after you have a full team of CPUs. Histoire is pretty powerful though. Also the candidates are fine. The Makers aren't completely useless, but they're definitely under powered with less skills and less options in general. It's fine to use about one per team if you really like them, I let CC2 come along and drag my average down for fun sometimes.

Not bad at all! Not sure what a regular Musou game clocks in at, but it sounds reasonable enough for an in-between games title.

It's a Senran Kagura game more than a Musou. Musou have a lot of things SK doesn't and are sort of grind hells, SK is not unless you're insane and want to max everyone's level or whatever.

Yeah, character variety feels great, and there's no one so far I really dislike using, I even enjoy characters I otherwise never use. Rom is kinda fun especially in HDD mode with that ice comet spam.

Gradon

When is there ever a point to NOT use MAGES.?
Srsly my party almost always consisted of Neptune, MAGES. and Tekken.
I platinumed it with this team.

Also, after seeing Famitsu's design I think she ranks in as one of the best maker designs for me.

I still haven't beat Re;birth 2 (but I binged on MK2 last year and plat'd that), and I don't think I wanna get Re;birth 3 (as I liked Victory the least, but the free DLC is swaying me a bit...) and I REALLY need to get Hyperdevotion and Neptunia U. Gosh, there are too many games in this series.

So my question of course is should I pick up Noire's game or Neptunia U?

Vylash

Also, after seeing Famitsu's design I think she ranks in as one of the best maker designs for me.

I still haven't beat Re;birth 2 (but I binged on MK2 last year and plat'd that), and I don't think I wanna get Re;birth 3 (as I liked Victory the least, but the free DLC is swaying me a bit...) and I REALLY need to get Hyperdevotion and Neptunia U. Gosh, there are too many games in this series.

So my question of course is should I pick up Noire's game or Neptunia U?

Nep U by far, Noire is easily the weakest of the spinoffs while U is the best

jonno394

Only played rebirth out of the main series so far, but towards the end of the game, this was my team of choice too.

HGH

Banned
This U screenshot seems to be making rounds around the internet and pissing off all sorts of people.
H0sTh81.jpg

I know it's just trying to be more relevant to western news but what do people here think of it?

jonno394

This U screenshot seems to be making rounds around the internet and pissing off all sorts of people.
H0sTh81.jpg

I know it's just trying to be more relevant to western news but what do people here think of it?

I get the reference but why it is causing anger exactly? I sort of ignored the gamergate stuff.

Rizzi

H0sTh81.jpg

People seem to be easily angered on the internet.

HGH

Banned
I get the reference but why it is causing anger exactly? I sort of ignored the gamergate stuff.
You've got your arguments for and against the stuff, whether the localizers are taking a stance, and complaining about the fact that sentence wasn't there in the original (it went something like "I'm glad they're not complaining about my reviews").

Crayten

Banned
Please dont shift the OT into a Femnistic/SJW/Gamergate debate... we allready have enough of this Threads where you can discuss this things.

jonno394

Neptunia U LE no longer listed on the Iffy Europe Store, wonder if it sold out already, the Iffy newsletter on Friday said it was below 10% stock left. Thankfully I ordered mine on Friday (forgot to do it day 1!)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Neptunia U LE no longer listed on the Iffy Europe Store, wonder if it sold out already, the Iffy newsletter on Friday said it was below 10% stock left. Thankfully I ordered mine on Friday (forgot to do it day 1!)

Wow that went really fast! Still up on NA's s
Store.

jonno394

Wow that went really fast! Still up on NA's s
Store.

Seeing as Neptunia Rebirth 2 is the only LE still in stock, I wager that was the LE they stocked most and figured "we've overestimated the demand with tha" and since have lowered the numbers for the Neptunia LEs as now both Noire and U have sold out.

Well ok enough doomsaying for now. Anyway this

Updated. It's some Square-Enix mobile game, which IF Japan teased last month. Yeaaaah not really meaningful to most people.
There's two more slots, one for the 21st and one Coming Soon.
People've been predicting Million Arthur, ArcSys and Atlus as Makers, so it looks like that's 1 of 3 correct. ArcSys seems plausible given the recent music shenanigans. The countdown hype made me hopeful there'd be pictures today, but I guess everything has to go through Dengeki first.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing as Neptunia Rebirth 2 is the only LE still in stock, I wager that was the LE they stocked most and figured "we've overestimated the demand with tha" and since have lowered the numbers for the Neptunia LEs as now both Noire and U have sold out.

Sounds about right. I'm sure NISA did the same after seeing Disgaea 4 and (especially) Mugen Souls' LE sitting in the store for so long.

SerTapTap

People are idiots that's all I have to say about that one. It's a fucking game about game journalists there's several jokes in there like 40/40 and "wow a trophy for starting a game, isn't that nice, be sure to mention that in your reviews, gameindustri journalists!"

Bless you Google Chrome for recognizing Gameindustri as a word without being taught.

Reb 2 is also a mainline game and they may have expected lower sales for the other games. Good to know this sold out fast though, will continue to buy them as soon as they go up.

SerTapTap

I think it's funny when people complain that IFI adds jokes when localizing a comedy game. I really hope they slip some reference to Konami shitting the bed in VII's localization because wow.

More like Dynasty Warriors or SK:SV?

Far closer to Senran Kagura. I don't even really think it's fair to call the SK/Nep U style stuff Musou/Warriors, it's missing a great deal of defining traits people expect in those games. Though the game has more focus on hordes of trash mobs than SK. It's not really a straight SK clone, it does a lot of it's own things like special mission conditions, equipment, the HDD transformation.

N° 2048

Whoa, just got into this with an impulse buy on Steam.

Playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 for about an hour and a half now and I love it.

Do you folks prefer PC or Vita for this game?

edit: game is hilarious.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's funny when people complain that IFI adds jokes when localizing a comedy game. I really hope they slip some reference to Konami shitting the bed in VII's localization because wow.

Well, there is a Konami-based character in there! Would be great to see some jokes like that slip in there.

Miff

Same thing with me recently. The screenshots put me off at first as it made the game look tacky. But I bit during the sale and now there's no going back.

Trying to rush through it a bit now though, as Re;Birth 2 is supposed to be out on Steam next Tuesday.

SerTapTap

Photo mode in Neptunia U is great, I'm spending like half my time messing with it now. Wish you could turn off effects for it or something though, some really cool poses are hard to get pics of due to all the effects in the way.

The
fake White Heart
boss in Re;birth 1 is kicking the shit out of me. :(

If I'm remembering correctly, you get access to a LOT of optional dungeons in that chapter so you could run through some of those first

Playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 for about an hour and a half now and I love it.

Do you folks prefer PC or Vita for this game?

edit: game is hilarious.

The 2D art is a little silly on PC since it's Vita res, but otherwise PC is just fine as long as you're willing to wait (I am not). It's pretty much a straight port with (a very few) graphics options. Glad you're enjoying it, far far too many people dismiss the game without understanding it.

Well, there is a Konami-based character in there! Would be great to see some jokes like that slip in there.

Yeah, that was why. It's funny, when I first heard of the game I figured Bamco girl would be the biggest jerk, but since the game's announcement Bamco has been pretty cool and Konami has just...ugh.

Same thing with me recently. The screenshots put me off at first as it made the game look tacky. But I bit during the sale and now there's no going back.

Trying to rush through it a bit now though, as Re;Birth 2 is supposed to be out on Steam next Tuesday.

I think a lot of people get the wrong idea and think the game is entirely serious and just ridiculous, people who dismiss the games don't seem to understand the deliberate parody stuff. But that makes it all the more satisfying to see someone who wrote the game off now rocking a Uni avatar.

N° 2048

Yep, I think I found a hit series, it is rare for me to sit three hours straight without getting distracted.

Combat system and the self-aware jokes are amazing. Being an anime fan the art style is also awesome!

SerTapTap

Yeah Tsunako's style is great, I'd buy any game with it (and well, I have).

Say regarding the PC version, when I first played I noticed some weird artifacts around Dogoo's eyes, probably a weird shader intended for Vita. Are there still weird quirks like that? I'm not sure how much the game got patched. I bought the PC version of reb 1 but played like half an hour. If I replay it'll be much later, with something that lets me use all characters/ costumes at the very start. I can barely keep up with the new games for now...VII should be shipping tomorrow.

Top Bottom