• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia |OT|: Consoles in Games in Consoles

Volcynika

HiGfA.jpg

2Rj02.jpg

zYsBs.jpg

pIlvy.jpg

Gamindustri --

A parallel world protected by four goddesses, who are engaged in a war with one another in Celestia.

Meanwhile on the human world, mankind wages war with monsters unleashed by a being named Arfoire.

The tome, Historie, contains the knowledge of the past necessary to end both wars and shape the future.

What fate awaits Neptune in the present? The goddesses' battle for Gameindustri, the Console War.

XTx6l.jpg

• Platform: PlayStation 3
  • Publisher: NIS America
  • Genre: RPG
  • Release Date: 02/15/2011 (NA) | 03/04/2011 (EU)
  • Rating: T for Teen (NA) | Pegi: 12, USK: 12, PG (EU)

Boxart
UAZmX.jpg

AwuGH.jpg

• CPUs: Video game consoles & companies personified!
  • GRAPHIC EDIT: Edit pictures stored on your PS3 to use as Neptune’s rear emblem!
  • SUMMON: Summon video game characters or your own edited images!
  • COMBO EDIT: Customize, create, and name your own combo attacks

VAueV.jpg

byNSa.jpg

EVZTr.jpg

8HoQj.jpg

• Question: What's the VA situation on this game?
  • Answer: Should be full JP and English VA, unless something changed!

• Question: What about the DLC the JP version got?
  • Answer: It's not included, but what is included is the update that decreases load times as well as allows you to skip battle animations! The DLC is planned to be brought over as well.

• Question:This looks a lot like Trinity Universe, am I right?
  • Answer: Yep, it seems a lot of stuff from the game is reused.

• Question: Were there any bonuses from NISA?
  • Answer: Yep, a set of trading cards featuring characters from the game. They allotted 1000 units and even had to make more due to overwhelming preorders (that free shipping must've helped!) It is now SOLD OUT until further notice. They'll announce later on if they have any remaining units.

notworksafe

Already preordered from the 'Zon! I'm interested for the novelty factor, mostly. It's like Segagaga Part 2!

As for the peso stuff, at least Green Heart (Xbox) seems...grown up.

Lucentto

Banned
Shadow780 said:
Why is 360 always busty and Wii always loli in every humanized console media.
Because the Wii is supposedly for kids and the 360 for "mature" adults. Anyway i'm interested in this game, though I want to get an idea if it's any good or not.

Ah, thanks for reminding me. Still haven't preordered yet. They still got those cards or whatever in the Nis store?

Edit: Hmmm, can't find it on the store at all. They sold out? Guess I'll just head to Amazon.

Axiom

I just love the idea that you're major consoles fighting the R-4 chip. It's a shame the reviews are so awful, as even middling I'd grab it in a heartbeat to reward the novelty.

This is also how I ended up with Killer 7 at launch. Will be very interested in GAF feedback.

Any decent PAL deals or bonuses for this?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Shadow780 said:

360 = Adult dating sim console.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Ninja Scooter said:
does clicking on this thread mean I have to register as a sex offender?
STILL HILARIOUS THE 235876532216035943832058479857107757235709643980517TH TIME!!!!

Ashodin

Thinking about getting this to let the wife watch while I play. She likes looking at hot naked women... or scantily clad ones!

Volcynika

cosmicblizzard said:
Ah, thanks for reminding me. Still haven't preordered yet. They still got those cards or whatever in the Nis store?

Edit: Hmmm, can't find it on the store at all. They sold out? Guess I'll just head to Amazon.

Should've read the FAQ!

cj_iwakura

Rahxephon91 said:
Is it even supposed to be good? I can handle bad Japanese games, but bad jrpgs are pretty hard to enjoy.

Idea Factory developed it.

Look up their shining repertoire of quality games.

But I'll be fair: the concept is amusing, the designs are just plain creepy.

PBalfredo

Shadow780 said:
H-how many other times has something like this occured to the point that it's a recognizable trend?!

I think with the right localization I could really enjoy this game, but no way am I paying full price. I'm very curious to read other people's impressions, especially about the battle system. The JP version didn't impress me on a stream, but supposedly they made improvements for this one.

1wk in advance? Im glad I secured my copy with the cards. I know one thing, I so can not wait. This will be the perfect game to distract me from my test next week. I guess I should prowl a site and see if any FAQs have been made.

Volcynika

Dedication Through Light said:
1wk in advance? Im glad I secured my copy with the cards. I know one thing, I so can not wait. This will be the perfect game to distract me from my test next week. I guess I should prowl a site and see if any FAQs have been made.

Yes, official threads generally will be locked if they're put up too far in advance. One week prior is what I've seen some mods suggest as a good date to post them.

matmanx1

Sort of irritated that NIS is releasing this a month ahead of Ar Tonelico Qoga and in the midst of so many other Japanese game releases. At a slow time of year (like when Trinity Universe released last year) I would absolutely pick it up but this quarter is already packed for me in terms of my spending limit on gaming.

February isn't the worst offender (Tactics Ogre!) but in March I have Ar Tonelico Qoga, Yakuza 4, Dissidia 012 and The Third Birthday and those are just the definite buys. I'm still thinking about Dragon Age 2, Knight's Contract and Trinity: Souls of Zill'Oll but will most likely have to skip those for awhile as well.

It sure would be nice to have some of this gaming goodness spread out a little bit more!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wonder why they made the PS3 girl a tsundere.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How the hell is this not a Duckroll thread?

Also...I'll be honest...when I get a PS3...if this is even good...I'll probably pick this up...
forever-alone-face32.png

Lucentto said:
Anyway i'm interested in this game, though I want to get an idea if it's any good or not.

it's an idea factory game, so no, it won't be any good.

i like the concept but i just wish it were developed by a decent company.

The_Technomancer said:
Also...I'll be honest...when I get a PS3...I'll probably pick this up...
forever-alone-face32.png

Dude how do you not have a PS3, they have been, for several months, more low cost than ever. Verily make haste so you get to experience this seemingly phenomenal game or at least in time before the most epic entry in an RPG series comes out...Disgaea 4!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Dedication Through Light said:
Dude how do you not have a PS3, they have been, for several months, more low cost than ever. Verily make haste so you get to experience this seemingly phenomenal game or at least in time before the most epic entry in an RPG series comes out...Disgaea 4!
Not enough free time for it to be worth it. Between Wii and PC I've got enough gaming for now, I can't in good conscience drop 200+ on a system and games that I won't get around to playing.

Now this summer...that's a different story.

cj_iwakura

Idea Factory has an extremely devout(or more likely, short-sighted) group who seem willing to buy anything they put out. I think it's probably the result of blind devotion to the NIS brand, really; which is sad. They can localize better.

PBalfredo

ZT Game Domain review said:
With item abilities, your characters can use items that heal HP, cure status effects, and add buffs. The way this is handled is by adding points to each character’s ability. If you want your character to heal every time their health goes lower than 50%, you need to add points to that healing ability. This is one of the biggest problems I have with this game. You can only heal in combat, and it’s not going to work 100% of the time. The player themselves cannot use a healing item manually. So, let’s say one of your characters is down to low HP. You end that battle and then move on to another battle. That character is still low on HP and they get hit by another enemy, killing them. There was nothing you could do to stop it because your characters heal themselves and only do it after receiving damage. It’s a horrible mechanic.
Holy shit! Who thought this was a good idea? I don't understand how something like this could make it into a final game?

AniHawk

C-Jo said:
/thread

I'm interested for the weird Segagaga-ish stuff, but I dunno...
the translation has a lot of in-jokes and company slogans put here and there into different conversations.

C-Jo

AniHawk said:
the translation has a lot of in-jokes and company slogans put here and there into different conversations.
Yeah, all of that stuff looks cool. I just don't think I could stomach actually playing it.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Shadow780 said:
360 is a western console... so therefore she is a western girl... :p

tiff

Banned
Preordered!

Not really expecting a fantastic game or anything, but Idea Factory knows my weakness, I guess.

The fact that the update is included from the get-go is really a good thing.

At first I stopped playing it because battles were soooooooo loooooooooong. Then the content update was released and the game became good ! So now everyone should at least enjoy it for what it is, without hindrance.

Top Bottom