• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia |OT|: Consoles in Games in Consoles

tafer

Hmm... too much hate for this poor game.

In all honesty, I really don't have high expectations for this title, but if the battle system is passable and the story/character likable I'll consider myself satisfied. After all, the concept is the main reason I'm pre-ordering this game.

Just got this email:
To our valued customers,

I am sending this e-mail notification to inform you about the status of your Hyperdimension Neptunia Preorder. Some of you may have noticed that your account was billed for your order and I wanted to clear up what exactly was going on. Your order information was sent to our warehouse on Tuesday, February 8th, in preparation to be shipped on Thursday and Friday, February 10th/11th. Your orders have all been printed and our warehouse has completed as much packing as possible. Due to severe weather issues, our game shipment has not yet arrived at our warehouse. As of this e-mail, it is currently stuck in Missouri. We cannot guarantee when the games will arrive, but we are expecting them to get here sometime next week. Since our warehouse has begun packing your order, it triggered our billing process and accepted the funds for your orders. If this is an issue for you, please contact us and we will do our best to help rectify things.

Since the warehouse has prepared for your orders so far in advance, they should ship out very quickly after we receive the games. Also, in order to expedite the shipping process, we have upgraded all “free shipping” orders to Priority Mail, which should ensure your shipment arrives in 2-5 business days instead of the usual 3-7. I (and the rest of the NISA Online Store Staff) sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and confusion you’ve experienced due to this issue and I assure you we are working around the clock to get everything taken care of as quickly as possible. We are still working hard to respond to all of the support inquiries we have received this week, but due to the extremely large call and e-mail volumes, we may not get back to everyone until early next week. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your order, you may call us at (714) 540-1122, file a case on our website, e-mail our support address (store@nisamerica.com), or reply to this e-mail and I will personally handle your case for you. Thank you so much for your support! We are beyond thankful for all of your outstanding support and hope we can continue to do business with you as long as possible.

Note: If you preordered Neptunia and Ar tonelico Qoga together, you were not billed for your order and your order will be shipping out early next month. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Robert Saunders

Really sucks.

It sucks there's a delay but I honestly wasn't expecting mine to arrive until mid-late next week anyway. The free upgrade to priority is nice of them as well, it really shows they're committed to at least doing something reasonable to make up for it, even if they're not obligated to do so.

I've got MvC3 to keep me busy (Tuesday on) while I wait.

LiK said:
Free priority upgrade is cool. No sweat.
I now wish I did not pay for priority. :( I only did that since I wasn't so sure how long non-priority would go (if it came from the west coast, some took me forever) and liked how I got Atelier Rorona so fast.

Ramune

BoilersFan23 said:
I now wish I did not pay for priority. :( I only did that since I wasn't so sure how long non-priority would go (if it came from the west coast, some took me forever) and liked how I got Atelier Rorona so fast.

The free shipping option was pretty fast when it came to anime. For perspective, I live in Connecticut and the package was originating from Anaheim, CA. I ordered "Our Home's Fox Deity" Vol. 1 Box on the 9th and it was on my front door step as I was leaving for work 11th before noon! That was wicked fast, and was a pleasant surprise! The "Delivery Status" app/widget and USPS website was still at "sorting competed in Anaheim" by that time! I hope games will fare similarly.

expy

Banned
BoilersFan23 said:
Yep, that's why I sent an email to them. Would be ass of them to not accommodate those who chose paid shipping options and to instead, give those who chose the "cheaper" way out a helping hand.

OH GOD THE LOLIS THEY ARE MELTING MY BRAAAAAIN @___0

In all seriousness, I actually feel tempted to pick this up. I want another mindless timesinker after I finished Agarest Senki :0

expy said:
Yep, that's why I sent an email to them. Would be ass of them to not accommodate those who chose paid shipping options and to instead, give those who chose the "cheaper" way out a helping hand.
That sounds like a good idea. I wanted to do the same to them. IMO, they should just give us free shipping our upgrade our shipping to express.

I just sent an email back to them. I'm going to really make a big fuss out of this until I get a refund.

expy

Banned
Got a reply:

Hi -removed-,

This is a common question from our customers in Canada. The simple answer is that we simply cannot afford to offer free shipping outside of the United States. Our warehouse (fulfillment company) charges us $2-4 extra to ship out International orders, not including the extra charges from the shipping couriers. I have personally been pushing hard to lower the shipping cost on all North American orders, but have not been able to convince my managers that we can afford it yet. We are, however, thinking of offering a low flat fee, based on your order total, that would save Canadian and Mexican customers money on shipping. I really appreciate your feedback and will share it with the "higher-ups" here at NISA to see if we can offer better rates. Thank you so much for your support! Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

Robert Saunders
Web Developer / Store Admin.
NIS America, Inc.

Sohter.Nura said:
OH GOD THE LOLIS THEY ARE MELTING MY BRAAAAAIN @___0

In all seriousness, I actually feel tempted to pick this up. I want another mindless timesinker after I finished Agarest Senki :0

I wonder how long it takes to play Neptunia though. It seems unlike the other NIS games I played (in which level 9999 could be reached), well ZHP which I just started today.

AniHawk

Game is deceptively long. 20-30 hours at least.

Lots of time spent grinding and dungeon crawling. And if you want to go to another landmass (Lowee, Lastation, Leanbox, or Planeptune), you have to go through a dungeon to get there every time.

VKwnQ.png

Amazon nooooooooooooooo!

Quixzlizx

Dedication Through Light said:
I wonder how long it takes to play Neptunia though. It seems unlike the other NIS games I played (in which level 9999 could be reached), well ZHP which I just started today.

It's not a NIS game.

Also, I wasn't paying attention and ordered this in the same order as AT3, so I guess I'll be waiting until next month for both, lul. It wasn't exactly going to be my top gaming priority for the month (Tactics Ogre) so it's not a huge deal.

cyclenut

I caved-in and had my brother order it from amazon prior to the 3-5 week back order cause he has 2-day prime free shipping.

Guess i still won't see it anytime soon. ;/

So, like, is this game good? It sounds insane in a way that amuses me, but I heard Cross Edge and Trinity Universe were pretty bad and I've kind of come to not trust most things put out by NIS that aren't Nippon Ichi games.

EDIT: well that's what I get for not reading the thread, I suppose.

I wonder if anyone actually downloaded the DLC (since Ive not seen anywhere where people had the game)

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Alchemy Helper (Free)
A request from an Alchemy School student. The assignment is to craft Ruby Prism. A rare item called a Giant’s Soul is needed to make a Ruby Prism. Go collect a Giant’s Soul for the student. Obtain IF’s special weapon, Triple Edge!
File size: 100 KB

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Dragon With A Blue Shadow (Free)
The shadow of a boy in Leanbox suddenly changed its shape into a dragon. The shadow is completely out of control and destroying the town against the boy’s will. Defeat the shadow and help the boy! Obtain Compa’s special weapon, Soda. The power of its carbonation is vicious!

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Giant Bull Awakens (Free)
An additional quest to celebrate the release of Hyperdimension Neptunia is finally here!
The objective of this quest is to defeat the awakened Big Buffalo in Planeptune’s Sealed Ruin. Obtain Neptune’s special weapon, the Bamboo Sword!

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Out-Of-Control Robot (Free)
Crisis in the Mega Storage 3, managed by Sir President Stringer! The automated security robot is going out of control due to a virus! Go defeat the robot and help Sir President Stringer. Obtain Neptune’s special weapon, Laser Bamboo!

I AM JOHN! said:
So, like, is this game good? It sounds insane in a way that amuses me, but I heard Cross Edge and Trinity Universe were pretty bad and I've kind of come to not trust most things put out by NIS that aren't Nippon Ichi games.

Don't lump in Gust and Sega (Sakura Wars) with Idea Factory!

FireCloud

Called my local Gamestop today and they said that the release had been pushed back to Feb. 22.

But just a little while ago, I got the pre-recorded message from "Ashley" saying that the game would be in tomorrow (Feb. 16). Anyone else hear that the game would be released tomorrow?

Ramune

hosannainexcelsis said:
Don't lump in Gust and Sega (Sakura Wars) with Idea Factory!

Technically you can in the case of the Wii version of Sakura Wars. Idea Factory handled the port. ^^;

angelfly

FireCloud said:
Called my local Gamestop today and they said that the release had been pushed back to Feb. 22.

But just a little while ago, I got the pre-recorded message from "Ashley" saying that the game would be in tomorrow (Feb. 16). Anyone else hear that the game would be released tomorrow?
gamestop.com now list 2/25 as the release date

Volcynika

Dedication Through Light said:
I wonder if anyone actually downloaded the DLC (since Ive not seen anywhere where people had the game)

Well...yeah. Why not, it'll be activated when I have the game.

FireCloud

angelfly said:
gamestop.com now list 2/25 as the release date
Yes, I saw that as well. So now I'm good and confused. I have three different release dates from the same company.

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea paying in full for the preorder. This game is lost in the twilight zone.

I was interested by the concept but completely lost it when I read Idea Factory. There's not time in my life to put up with their shit. If I find it in the bargain bin I'd probably get it for the novelty.

androvsky

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Out-Of-Control Robot (Free)
Crisis in the Mega Storage 3, managed by Sir President Stringer! The automated security robot is going out of control due to a virus! Go defeat the robot and help Sir President Stringer. Obtain Neptune’s special weapon, Laser Bamboo!

And yes, according to the long description, it's in the Lastation area (PS3 land). :)

cyclenut

hikarutilmitt said:
According to the latest Prinny Bomb email, the game is shipping out today and tomorrow. Stores should have it in a few days.

pbneptunia118.jpg

"We'd first like to thank all our fans for their support while you all have been anxiously awaiting Neptunia's release! We wholeheartedly apologize to those that preordered on our website for the delay in getting the game to you.

The good news is that our warehouse has been shipping orders all day and will be continuing to ship all day tomorrow from our store. We are also restocking Neptunia Premium Editions (without bonus cards) on our online store. They should be available for purchase by tomorrow.

On top of that, Hyperdimension Neptunia is also now shipping to all U.S. retailers!"

Gekko87

Glad to hear that its shipping was getting a little worried. Unfortunately still waiting on amazon to ship mine. [delivery estimate February 18]

lljride

Guess they're still working through them, mine still shows Pending Fulfillment. Hopefully it'll update later today or tomorrow at the latest.

Top Bottom