• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP: Producing Perfection | OT | Fly high!

Aytrial

1yCTzES.png

Official Site: http://nisamerica.com/games/neptunia_pp/

Developers: Idea Factory, Compile Heart, Tamsoft
Publisher: NIS America
Platform: PlayStation Vita (Physical / Digital)
Genre: Simulation
Player(s): 1
Audio: English, Japanese (Japanese-only for songs)

Release Dates:
  • June 3, 2014 (NA)
  • June 6, 2014 (EU)
pzqjIbf.png

HtKMMhR.png

puys4Ro.png

Behold, Gamindustri—
a world that remains peaceful thanks
to the power of the Console Patron Units.

Suddenly!!!
Something appears and shakes the very foundation of this world!

The world has been taken over by an idol boom.
This growing interest in pop stars
has caused the source of the CPUs’
power —shares —to vanish.

Unable to ignore the situation any longer,
the CPUs call for an emergency meeting…

8o5P06H.png

Producer Mode
Your job is to become Gamindustri's top idol producer and raise one of the four CPUs, chosen by you, into a pop idol and gain the majority of Gamindustri's shares.

Unlimited Concert Mode
Have fun preparing for as many concerts as you desire. Some setup options may be available here that are not available to you in Producer Mode, such as some unique supporting characters you can place onstage.

Viewer Mode
When you touch the characters (using the Vita touchscreen), they will flash various poses. Enjoy the character's reactions that can only be seen here!​

aK9kaKP.png

AdqV9jx.png
qckVmTm.png

AoLJzNi.png
tY326gi.png

C69wFbO.png

zgTKqtd.png
zLAn2tW.png
S0YTDxY.png
c7p4z7q.png

uhIuUPc.png

7ZFGnjg.png

OTThybH.png

StayDead

Had no idea this is a rhythm game

It's not a traditional rhythmn game. It's more an idol simulation because rather than tapping along to the song you're directing the camera work and effects to try and make the best performance you can.

LiK

It's not a traditional rhythmn game. It's more an idol simulation because rather than tapping along to the song you're directing the camera work and effects to try and make the best performance you can.

It's not though.

If you're going into this thinking it's something like Project Diva, you're setting yourself up for a lot of disappointment.

Oh

Tohsaka

Been looking forward to this for a while. It kinda sucks that you can't produce the sisters or Pururut, but maybe there will be a sequel someday or something.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Eh, kinda crappy OT...
Cmon man, lets not do this.

Anyways, the initial reviews don't look too hot, but this is usually expected for a game like this. This will be my first idol management game, and I like the character designs, so I hope i'll enjoy it.

CamHostage

– Blatant objectification

I didn't see the reviewer, but after reading this I knew it was a woman

Even if they like the series, any good reviewer should catch the blatant objectification of Neptunia (whether they list it as a plus or minus is up to them...)

Also, it's a game with cute girls in frilly dresses doing dance routines. It's probably a smart idea to make it clear that a disproportionate amount of the storyline is tripped-into-boobs jokes. Otherwise, the female gamers who might have bought this based on the super-pinkness might not know that it's actually a game made for dirty old men. (I'm not sure these little ladies are reading IGN, or this GAF post, but what can you do...?)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
whoa whoa wait... this is an id@l-style game?

interest. rising.

edit - nm.. a sim game.

interest. sinking.

Vylash

Ouch. I was planning to get this, but now I'm having second thoughts. I love HDN universe, but I don't want a easy as hell idol game. Maybe if there's a PSN sale...

Never judge a Neptunia game, or any game, based on what IGN thinks

inthemyst

Neo Member
I'm getting this Day 1. I'm surprised that Best Buy is actually sold out of this game. I hope this paves the way for more Neptune in our lives. :)

Dugna

Forgot this thing is coming out soon.... entered in a contest for a copy so hopefully I win so I don't have to spend money on it.

Aytrial

I might have read somewhere that there are only 5 songs in this game. Is that true?

Yes.

My conclusion as to why there is such a small track list is because Compile Heart went the "extra" mile by having a version of each song for each CPU, with an additional version for their CPU form (at least for Neptune and Noire based off the trailers). Assuming that is also case for Blanc and Vert, you end up with quite a lot of variation for each song.

Nonetheless, it is still a small amount and I can see that being the game's biggest problem.

Yuuichi

Yes.

My conclusion as to why there is such a small track list is because Compile Heart went the "extra" mile by having a version of each song for each CPU, with an additional version for their CPU form (at least for Neptune and Noire based off the trailers). Assuming that is also case for Blanc and Vert, you end up with quite a lot of variation for each song.

Nonetheless, it is still a small amount and I can see that being the game's biggest problem.

Is it like im@s where the vocals are just recorded separately, or are the arrangements actually different?

When you get your copies, I hope you guys could give some insight or reviews on the game. I don't want to read these "professional" reviews.

Edit: 5 songs? DLC galore?

Top Bottom