• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP: Producing Perfection | OT | Fly high!

Scanna

I have been playing for a couple of hours and I still don't get this game. First of all, let me say that voice-over and writing is not bad, especially with the console war puns and references thrown in every now and then by the girls.
I've chosen the PS idol and I am going through producer mode. It seems a bit shallow, you just perform simple tasks day in and day out, grinding your stats and then a seldom concert . During concerts, gameplay gets a little more action, obviously, but it is difficult to understand what you're doing and switching cameras is not as straightforward as you might expect and like. It's actually a bit confusing. Songs are really 5 or 6 (still have to unlock one) but for the moment I don't see the reason for changing from the one that your idol has written by herself, as it's the only chance you have to unleash your "superpowers" or whatnot.
Another thing: is the game censored in Europe? because there is one time where you sort of enter a room where the idol is changing clothes and you surprise here on the spot. The fact is that instead of seeing the actual scene, it prompts you an eggplant field (?) with a chibi figurine and a simple "sorry we cannot show you this" kind of text. I can't figure out if it's a censorship or was it the same in the original game...
Aside from this and the objectification thing (I am a dude and I've seen plenty of these games, this is far from being the one more invested in fanservice that I've played) I can see where the critics have been coming from: game is plainly boring and every thing you do does not give you any reward, the story just drags on...these are just impressions,

MUnited83

For you.
So far, it's kinda fun. But be aware. This is very far from a music game. This is a management game/visual novel. You will spend most of the time deciding which skills to improve, gathering fans, and seeing visual novel sections/events. Once In a while you will able to do a concert. In concerts you will be able to choose diverse camera viewing angles to boost your score and activate stage effects at the right time to gather up more points. For some reason though, I was never able to get a score higher than "standard"(edit: actually, seems I'm able to get excellent scores in every song lol) There's probably some trick to it I didn't figure out yet. The song selection is small(5 songs in total) and you will want to do the same one over and over again as if you choose your idol's song you will be able to get into a HDD mode which provides more points.

Overall, I did liked it (I do like management games), and it's enjoyable. But if you are in it for the music aspect, skip it. This my first time playing anything on the series and I enjoyed it, but I think I would recommend this mostly for fans of the series that enjoy the visual novel aspects of it.

Some screens:

q8PnATP.jpg

SYGBvC7.jpg

HCtCfI9.jpg

3BwCctB.jpg

qNnijWz.jpg

2p2bXqJ.jpg

Ia0Q3NW.jpg

Ddt4YeE.jpg

20k3KUe.jpg

Ls2KRls.jpg

PS: Worth 40$ if you are a die-hard fan of the series.

TheRook

^ Coolz, I had the game paid off in advance and it's good to see how the game is paced. I'll definitely enjoy this Nep game.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Holy Ra, it's out today?
Just got mine in. I guess I was having too much fun with Mario Kart 8.

Gbraga

I had no idea this was an idol game, so I wasn't even paying attention, now I really want it!

Since Bamco won't localize their shit and my phone can't run Love Live, I'll take what I can get.

What is it about the Vita that makes everyone think rhythm action is the go-to franchise spinoff. I mean we're getting THE NEPTUNEM@STER and Persona 4 The Dancing this year.

I blame Miku.

Gbraga

What is it about the Vita that makes everyone think rhythm action is the go-to franchise spinoff. I mean we're getting THE NEPTUNEM@STER and Persona 4 The Dancing this year.

I blame Miku.

Thank god for Miku then, I'm very excited for P4Dance, more than any other Persona spinoff.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I wish it wasn't an idol game... maybe because I have no fucking clue what I am doing with the stage producing; I'm optimistic about Neptunia's future every time I reach the credits because it always shows different game genres.

I blame Miku.

Umm... from what I played on the demo (and the comments here), this is less rhythm and more... I dunno, being the special effects' Chief Executive Officer (for lack of a better term). IIRC, it's official genre is "Raising SLG"

I remember there being talks about popularity of some sort and gaining it back via being an idol. So it's really more akin to something like this.

P4 Dancing All Night should be a purely rhythm game (Genre: "P Sound Action"), as it's developed by Dingo. On the other hand, I am getting worried and kinda disappointed with Dingo due to the huge delay in Love Live (as well as the news so far about the contents of the school idol paradise game; need more info.)

For being the spinoff that it was, Dekamori Senran Kagura was fun, but I get bored with stuff like IDOLM@STER.

inthemyst

Neo Member
I just picked up my copy from Gamestop and the girl that helped me was all: oh I need to get my copy tonight too!

Hopefully this game sells well so we get more Nep-nep here.

MUnited83

For you.

I blame Miku.
This is not really a rhythm game though.

I wish it wasn't an idol game... maybe because I have no fucking clue what I am doing with the stage producing; I'm optimistic about Neptunia's future every time I reach the credits because it always shows different game genres.
Whenever someone in the audience starts cheering, activate a stage effect. switch camera angles constantly, zoom in and out and rotate it.

Been playing this for a few hours today as my LE was delivered yesterday. I'm 80 days in to the main character's (Neptunia/Purple) story and I have no idea of what I'm doing. But I maxed her affection and her single is in the top 10.

Basically this game is a lite visual novel, right?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Wait, so its a Neptunia game that's also an idol game?

I feel like this is some kind of singularity. We have passed some kind of horizon.

Flandy

After some of the impressions here I'm actually sort of interested in this game now. I'm not $40 interested though. I'm $15 interested

MUnited83

For you.
Been playing this for a few hours today as my LE was delivered yesterday. I'm 80 days in to the main character's (Neptunia/Purple) story and I have no idea of what I'm doing. But I maxed her affection and her single is in the top 10.

Basically this game is a lite visual novel, right?

That's correct. Most of the game trophies rely on you seeing a lot of different event and scenes. There's good endings and the true good endings (which require you to answer certain questions correctly throughout the game)
Also, you can easily win/finish the route you are in right now by using the "move" option, because you probably maxed up your shares on your main country and that will only give you 25% of the total shares, which is not enough to win.

That's correct. Most of the game trophies rely on you seeing a lot of different event and scenes. There's good endings and the true good endings (which require you to answer certain questions correctly throughout the game)
Also, you can easily win/finish the route you are in right now by using the "move" option, because you probably maxed up your shares on your main country and that will only give you 25% of the total shares, which is not enough to win.

Okay , good to know about the "move" feature.
I just saw a scene where the four girls celebrate winning more shares/fans than MOB48.

cj_iwakura

To translate a demo? XSeed and Atlus do them all the time. If they can cram LEs with sextoys, they can afford to translate a demo. NISA is just super incompetent.

I think they're brilliant. If your bread and butter were Idea Factory games, would you want to put out demos?

MUnited83

For you.
Okay , good to know about the "move" feature.
I just saw a scene where the four girls celebrate winning more shares/fans than MOB48.

Yep, after that scene you will c
ompete with the other girls to get the most shares yourself.
You can do that easily by gathering a few fans in another country. However, you can keep training and try to unlock more scenes to see before doing that. As long as you move to other country like 8/7 days before the end date you will be able to do anything you want until then.

Chariot

Huh, wasn't it said that the game comes out on the 6th in EU? I can already buy it in the PS Store, is this a mistake or a pre-order that dosen't say that it is a preorder? I does say, that it came out today.

Chariot

Oh, I was worried because of the little number of songs, but the focus is not on that show gameplay element, if I understand you correctly. So it's mostly reading? And: does it make any sense to play the game if I didn't play any of the other games? (I watched the anime, though).

Vylash

Oh, I was worried because of the little number of songs, but the focus is not on that show gameplay element, if I understand you correctly. So it's mostly reading? And: does it make any sense to play the game if I didn't play any of the other games? (I watched the anime, though).

The focus is on the events mainly, and yeah you don't rally need any backstory since they give you a basic rundown of everything, feel free to jump in (and then buy Re;Birth 1!)

Chariot

Oh, I will buy Re;Birth in any case. I really liked the characters of the anime (that should pretty much the same as in the games, as far as I know). Even if my favorite character isn't really in the first game. Just struggeled with the 40 Euro price until now. But I guess, I will buy game tomorrow.

Sora_N

Yo, I bought this yesterday.

I own the PS3 games 1+2, haven't played them yet.

I finished Vert's story, got the good ending which I thought was 'good' till I realized I was forced to end the game since I was #1.

For the Plat (might not get it), do I need to keep using the same save file or can I just do separate ones for each CPU?

Top Bottom