• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 |OT| PS Vita Finally Joins the Moe Moe Console Wars

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Mine just shipped out today with Prime. Prime is still very YMMV though.

...it was packaged well though, right?

SerTapTap

Never had a Prime package go wrong. Not sure who Amazon beats at UPS to make that happen.

...is everyone in this thread just waiting for their copies to arrive?

shawnmelo

Neo Member
kdhBrfs.jpg

mine arrived earlier, as well

Hugstable

Banned
Has anyone started playing the game yet? How is it? I haven't played this series before and kinda want something to tide my vita over til DR2, but I don't really know what to expect from these games. Then again I do still have Atelier Totori to play -____-. Just want some impressions on it before I drop 40$ on it :D

So im about 6 hours in and I'm loving it! The story is quite funny so far and the dialogue among the girls is hilarious. The voice acting is really nice so far too (my God Compa's voice is soooo fucking cute!). Maybe I'm just a sucker for jrpgs on Vita but I'm having a great time playing the game.

Also I haven't run into any bad performance issues beyond the framerate being low when I first load into an area. Other than that the 3D sections look good and the artwork looks fantastic.

chrono01

Why not buy the japanese version + US game which is still cheaper than paying 200+

i dont understand
Hmm, you know that's always an option, haha.

Anyway, it's more about consistency, as mentioned above. I have all three LE's of the NA Hyperdimension Neptunia titles [as well as PP], so missing out on this one is especially brutal. I'll get over it, though!

Happy to hear that people are now receiving theirs [in great condition]. Enjoy!

SerTapTap

Stop tempting me to sell this stuff...HATE selling crap. Would be really surprised if those >$140 bids are genuine, or is 1000 units way rarer than this stuff usually is? I got a limited edition PS3 Motto Sonicommi for launch price, free shipping from Japan, amazed this is going so high.

chrono01

So Idea Factory made another response in-regards to the Limited Edition/Amazon situation:

https://www.facebook.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/posts/1668474760044630

Not good enough, IMO.

What they should have done, if the Nep-Nep strap was the limiting factor, was re-print more copies of the Limited Edition [that included the print, case, box, etc.], decrease the price by around $5 or so, and sell it online to the fans. That way the people that received one of the initial 1000 still had a valuable Collector's Edition while fans would still have a chance to grab a Limited Edition [albeit different] for themselves. I'm sure many, myself included, would have been happy with that.

Instead, they really offered no recourse as to fixing what happened and instead "hopes" to have things better prepared for next time. I'm not so sure I'd put much faith into that, unless you choose to go back to NISA. :/

baekshi

Banned
So Idea Factory made another response in-regards to the Limited Edition/Amazon situation:

https://www.facebook.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/posts/1668474760044630

Not good enough, IMO.

What they should have done, if the Nep-Nep strap was the limiting factor, was re-print more copies of the Limited Edition [that included the print, case, box, etc.], decrease the price by around $5 or so, and sell it online to the fans. That way the people that received one of the initial 1000 still had a valuable Collector's Edition while fans would still have a chance to grab a Limited Edition [albeit different] for themselves. I'm sure many, myself included, would have been happy with that.

Instead, they really offered no recourse as to fixing what happened and instead "hopes" to have things better prepared for next time. I'm not so sure I'd put much faith into that, unless you choose to go back to NISA. :/

a free dlc would have been nice....as an apology.

Ken

I don't understand when to use rush, power, or guard break? Any advice. Still on chapter 1.

Also can I use party skills outside of battle, like first aid.

Yasumi

Banned
I don't understand when to use rush, power, or guard break? Any advice. Still on chapter 1.

Also can I use party skills outside of battle, like first aid.
Rush builds up EXE gauge faster and hits multiple times, Power does the most damage, and Break decreases the guard gauge the fastest.

Ken

Rush builds up EXE gauge faster and hits multiple times, Power does the most damage, and Break decreases the guard gauge the fastest.

What does EXE gauge do? I assume enemies always take reduced damage until guard broken?

Yasumi

Banned
What does EXE gauge do?
When it fills up, it allows you to use an extra attack at the end of your combo. As long as you remain in a dungeon, your gauge will stay filled. You'll get special attacks later on that consume it, but are way powerful.
I assume enemies always take reduced damage until guard broken
Right.

SerTapTap

Huh, figured they would fast-track more recent Neptunia games since they're clearly selling well in the west. They may have been delayed by their splitting localization away from NISA though.

Didn't PP have a reasonably fast Japan -> US localization? ...despite apparently being the worst game by a considerable margin?

Volcynika

Huh, figured they would fast-track more recent Neptunia games since they're clearly selling well in the west. They may have been delayed by their splitting localization away from NISA though.

Didn't PP have a reasonably fast Japan -> US localization? ...despite apparently being the worst game by a considerable margin?

Well PP would have a whole hell of a lot less text compared to the standard games at least. And IFI is still a bit new in a sense.

pooptest

Ugh.... Scalpers... I have no more words for that :/

Well, a wee bit of good news here: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/28/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth2-coming-west-early-2015/

At least this time EU will get physical copies... that's... something positive.

Yeah, I don't even mind if it's NOT 1,000 copies. I just want to ensure I get an LE. I did this time, thankfully, (only 1), but after reading everyone's horror stories, I don't want to go through the again.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I don't even mind if it's NOT 1,000 copies. I just want to ensure I get an LE. I did this time, thankfully, (only 1), but after reading everyone's horror stories, I don't want to go through the again.

Well an LE for Re;Birth 2 probably won't be announced for quite a while, but it sounds like they do want to make one. I'm... a little optimistic with the second one though. Plenty of people won't bother with it or boycott it or whatever I'm sure, but I think they honestly learned something out of this. At least now they are giving EU the option to physical.

pooptest

Well an LE for Re;Birth 2 probably won't be announced for quite a while, but it sounds like they do want to make one. I'm... a little optimistic with the second one though. Plenty of people won't bother with it or boycott it or whatever I'm sure, but I think they honestly learned something out of this. At least now they are giving EU the option to physical.

Yeah, they should really have their own store or (god forbid) Digital River.
Since they're throwing Amazon under the bus (which I assume they have every right to if it truly was their fault), for Amazon's side, they should really do some bench testing for special releases like this. They should've put a fake product up to emulate how it would go hours before release. This was a complete debacle.
I pre-ordered it when it was first up on "other sellers", and it made me choose address, shipping speed, payment type, etc. and then let me check out. However, afterwards, I kept refreshing the main page just to see if it would ever show up under "Add to cart" and when it finally did, it had a red error message above the product info that said, "We're unable to ship to the default address on file" or whatever. I was worried at first, but my order showed up in My Orders so I was able to have some sort of relief for the time being. Anyways, poop on Amazon for not testing their system beforehand.

SerTapTap

Bad day, so it's a good day to get...

Box is minimally beat up. My cat seems to like it already

Edit: I sure hope Victory 2 has some new music. I already recognize the music from the later 2 games.

GOTY

Really though, love the humor, which picks up immediately, loading times are phenomenal for combat.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Man, this game looks so good. Native res, anti-aliasing, great framerate, everything looks super sharp, I'm truly shocked. Felistella did a better job on Vita than IF/CH did on PS3.
Edit: I sure hope Victory 2 has some new music. I already recognize the music from the later 2 games.
Seriously. Maybe some new dungeons designs also, it's starting to get embarrassing.

Samus4145

Our review went up yesterday if anyone is interested. Review was pretty positive.

It is delightful to see a developer take feedback on a game and then fix the major problems with its design. A remake for Hyperdimension Neptunia was definitely needed and I am happy to report that Re;Birth1 is a success. This is one to look into for fans of anime girls or someone looking for their RPG fix.

http://www.selectbutton.com/review/hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth1-review/

Top Bottom