• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 |OT| PS Vita Finally Joins the Moe Moe Console Wars

toneroni

And you are bragging in a place where plenty of people here couldn't get one? (Surprised none of the images a page back were seen).
Not bragging bud, just joining the conversation. I think the smart move is to sell it now and if needed, buy it back later on when it settles lower. The extras in the package aren't THAT great.

Looking forward to finally playing it though!

SerTapTap

Man, this game looks so good. Native res, anti-aliasing, great framerate, everything looks super sharp, I'm truly shocked. Felistella did a better job on Vita than IF/CH did on PS3.

Seriously. Maybe some new dungeons designs also, it's starting to get embarrassing.

Amazed it doesn't really look any worse than the PS3 version of Victory, res considered. Fantastic port job. Like, Sony usually doesn't even do ports this good for their HD collections to Vita. Not that it was the strongest thing ever running on the PS3, but still great.

Edit: I guess I'm the only one with a beat up box, just my luck. The Vita case is actually surprisingly nice...has a strap to keep the Vita in place, a little mesh pocket thing to slip your cards into. A bit bulky though and I'll probably never use it...

Thoraxes

It's here!

Also in perfect condition.

2014-08-2916.52.31lcr9h.jpg

Mononoke

Banned
Holy god I'm at Chapter 3
Fake Green Heart fight. How do I beat her? Do I just need to stay a live as long as possible and something triggers? Because I can't do any damage to her. And she's one shot killing me. Am I supposed to allow my entire party to die, so it will trigger something? As of now, I'm wasting potions keeping my team alive. But it seems like an impossible battle. I'm level 35 for the record.

EDIT: okay, so I'm supposed to lose this battle. I always have trouble knowing when I'm supposed to lose in certain games. I'm always paranoid I'm under powered or something. Bleh. Wasted so many potions.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My LE wasn't damaged. Didn't care to sell it, so of course I opened it.

You probably made several collectors out there shudder :p I open up all of my LEs thought to gawk at and enjoy the goodies within... and actually play the game inside too, of course.

Mine came in today too in perfect condition and yes, I opened it as well.

SerTapTap

You probably made several collectors out there shudder :p I open up all of my LEs thought to gawk at and enjoy the goodies within... and actually play the game inside too, of course.

Mine came in today too in perfect condition and yes, I opened it as well.

I open all mine. I ain't gonna sell 'em, and at present I don't really have the money to buy TWO, so...

Edit
What's this I read ingame about some plan things being permanent? Should I be very careful before activating anything? In prior games you just made all plans ever because it unlocked stuff in shops

Mononoke

Banned
Oh god. I just lost 5 hours of game time. I know i know, what the fuck was I thinking. Why didn't I save? I just got into an intense session, and just forgot to do so. Entered a DLC dungeon and was attacked by an enemy..it went into the battle transition but instead of initiating the battle, it just hung on that screen (the screen got trippy as fuck, was like an acid trip. The animation of the battle transitioning kept going and going and the colors swirled, and then it never loaded).

5 hours gone. Honestly, I can't bring myself to beat this game right now. Might have to come back to it in a month or two. Fuck me. Oh well, at least this is a motivator to go start Danganropa like I said I would.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How long is this game supposed to be? I grabbed a used copy yesterday, but after 2 hours I'm a bit disappointed by the humor and the battle system.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
How long is this game supposed to be? I grabbed a used copy yesterday, but after 2 hours I'm a bit disappointed by the humor and the battle system.

Sometimes I wonder why you even bother with gaming anymore. Since almost nothing seems to jive well with you. D: lol

Game is pretty long reports range from 30-60 hrs.

The battle system will appear fairly simple until you go and do the higher level dungeons where you need to put a bit more thought into what moves you use on enemies and such. Great way to gain exp fast once you figure out how to kill the monsters that are higher level than yourself. Which then allows you to blow through the story bits faster.

Also yes I can see folks considering the story corny along with the writing at times.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sometimes I wonder why you even bother with gaming anymore. Since almost nothing seems to jive well with you. D: lol

Game is pretty long reports range from 30-60 hrs.

The battle system will appear fairly simple until you go and do the higher level dungeons where you need to put a bit more thought into what moves you use on enemies and such. Great way to gain exp fast once you figure out how to kill the monsters that are higher level than yourself. Which then allows you to blow through the story bits faster.
What the hell are you talking about :)
It's the games that I'm on the fence of buying that I usually end up not liking. For example in September I'm getting Destiny, SSB, Bayonetta 2 and Sen no Kiseki 2 and I can't even imagine not loving any of those games.
I'm usually disappointed by games that don't look that interesting, like SAO/Neptunia/Natural Doctrine/Akiba Strip but I want to try them for myself anyway. Nothing odd about that tbh.

Parakeetman

What the hell are you talking about :)
It's the games that I'm on the fence of buying that I usually end up not liking. For example in September I'm getting Destiny, SSB, Bayonetta 2 and Sen no Kiseki 2 and I can't even imagine not loving any of those games.
I'm usually disappointed by games that don't look that interesting, like SAO/Neptunia/Natural Doctrine/Akiba Strip but I want to try them for myself anyway. Nothing odd about that tbh.

With the game in general, what will take the longest is the story scenes, which is what makes the game a little hard to be a pick up and play sort of title on / off in short bursts, since during story sequences you most likely will be putting the vita to sleep in the middle of them which kinda leads to memory loss syndrome with what was being talked about initially. So this or more like Compile Heart / Idea Factory games in general are really meant to be played during proper chunks of time set aside. D:

So know that might be another turn off to folks who are unfamiliar with the series / general game design with CH / IF games.

You know I love to giving you a hard time :D

pariah164

So NepGAF, sell me on this game. I may be able to snag it at the same time I'm picking up DR2, since I'm trading in a few games. I like RPGs (P4Golden has the most hours clocked in on my Vita), but I did watch a couple of anime episodes, which I'm guessing spoiled the hell out of me. I do like cute things, and moe is basically the god-tier of cute, so... is this for me? I don't mind a simple battle system if the story is engaging.

Parakeetman

So NepGAF, sell me on this game. I may be able to snag it at the same time I'm picking up DR2, since I'm trading in a few games. I like RPGs (P4Golden has the most hours clocked in on my Vita), but I did watch a couple of anime episodes, which I'm guessing spoiled the hell out of me. I do like cute things, and moe is basically the god-tier of cute, so... is this for me? I don't mind a simple battle system if the story is engaging.

In general stuff by compile heart / idea factory are known as "character games" which means more emphasis on story / characters than actual gameplay.

Though personally this game can give folks a challenge gameplay wise if they do the higher level dungeons which you can unlock yourself if you want.

The standard fights are pretty easy so may feel like there isnt much to the battle system initially.

Cilla

You spoiled Victory for yourself but the previous two are more or less still untouched!

With the game in general, what will take the longest is the story scenes, which is what makes the game a little hard to be a pick up and play sort of title on / off in short bursts, since during story sequences you most likely will be putting the vita to sleep in the middle of them which kinda leads to memory loss syndrome with what was being talked about initially. So this or more like Compile Heart / Idea Factory games in general are really meant to be played during proper chunks of time set aside. D:
Strange, I felt the exact opposite. To me this is the perfect game to just pick up and play, even if you only have 2 ninutes to spare or have no clue how long your session will last. Funny how 3 people can look at the same game in such a different light :).

Asking how long an RPG is after 2 hours of play. The battle system gets a lot deeper after the first 2 hours, just like in almost any RPG. There are a lot of systems to tinker with.

SerTapTap

The battle system is really pretty fun, but like...almost every single RPG ever to grace the planet earth, it opens up very significantly later on. You start off with one skill, 3 characters, 1 weapon, no accessories, no EX finishers or EX attacks, and end with dozens of all of those. Early combat is easy (quelle surprise) but "dangerous foes" which are basically respawning optional bosses with significant rewards, are pretty fun to fight and get all the rewards from (though if it's like Victory you'll probably need a spreadsheet to track down all of them, I'm sure someone's made one or will make one soon)

Jeez, Laststation looks completely inappropriate in Nep 1. So does Leanbox. They look a heck of a lot better related to their respective companies in later games.

Just got a bit into Chapter 2, when do I start unlocking more characters? Are the Sisters even in this one? I got 2 of the 3 DLC characters though so it's already getting a bit better. Just hope it doesn't have that Mk2 pacing.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I picked up the regular edition at Gamestop, wouldn't mind a LE but those seem like they are impossible to get nowadays... didn't like the first game on PS3 at all (but I love the whole concept), here's hoping they are finally improving and turning into decent RPGs.

SerTapTap

Did Peashy get a new VA? Her normal form sounds way different and less energetic. Her CPU form sounds...less dumb, which was kinda the point. Great to have her around early this time, though her hilariously bad accuracy is causing me problems. Guard Strike would be a life saver...if it hit.

Chariot

Bad accuracy? I think my Peashy never missed her Guard Strike, the only problem I face with her is that I can't spam that awesome ability as much as I want.

Mononoke

Banned
Bad accuracy? I think my Peashy never missed her Guard Strike, the only problem I face with her is that I can't spam that awesome ability as much as I want.

Randomly, I started having an issue where my attacks were "missing" every other hit. I have no idea why. I went about 10 hours into the game dominating, and never having an issue with accuracy. Is it the weapon I have equipped? The level of my character? I have no idea what plays into accuracy in t his game.

BTW I'm still crying over my game crashing and losing 5 hours of a gameplay. SAVE people. Save at least once an hour lmao. I don't think the game is that buggy though, I think I just had an extremely bizzaro rare case.

SerTapTap

She (and everyone else to a lesser extent) have been missing a lot, but maybe it's just because of these early game bosses.I might be underleveled too, IF actually does 0 damage against this one somehow.

BTW anyone who got the DLC but hasn't played Victory, in chapter 2 you'll immediately get some pretty useful characters. Peashy has very strong attack power and guard damage, and Plutia can do magical damage in normal attacks (and her normals always seemed to do better damage in general due to that, less stuff seems to have good magic defense than normal defense )

Edit: TECH is accuracy. At least one character has a TECH up skill. Some enemies just naturally are very hard to hit and thus Rush attacks are better against them (or someone with naturally high tech), otherwise make sure you didn't equip something that significantly lowers tech.

Parakeetman

Randomly, I started having an issue where my attacks were "missing" every other hit. I have no idea why. I went about 10 hours into the game dominating, and never having an issue with accuracy. Is it the weapon I have equipped? The level of my character? I have no idea what plays into accuracy in t his game.

BTW I'm still crying over my game crashing and losing 5 hours of a gameplay. SAVE people. Save at least once an hour lmao. I don't think the game is that buggy though, I think I just had an extremely bizzaro rare case.

Weird must be a US ver thing since out of the 40+ hours I have not a single crash on the JP version.

I lost about 30 minutes of progress because it crashed after I left it on sleep mode for a while. Though that's the only time I've experienced that.

Chariot

My condolences for your loss. This must be very painful.
Luckily I am a paranoid saver, I use every opportunity to save, every time I leave the map or see a save point I save.

I btw. don't know, I really overdid it with the grinding this time thanks to the warnings in the thread and smacked every boss that comes with ease. The only thing that gives me trouble are some of the added stronger enemies. I have a serious SP problem. The only SP item at my disposal so far is only enough for one additional technique. :(

Oh shit, looks like my copy has been delivered already. Kind of surprised since the eta on it wasn't until next Wednesday. Well looks like I'll have something new to do until dangan ronpa arrives now, although this'll most likely be put on hold for a bit once that arrives.

SerTapTap

Dub is perfectly fine. I have no idea why you'd use the JP version unless you 100% refuse to use English dubs or actually speak Japanese. The English VAs are fantastic.

Mononoke

Banned
Weird must be a US ver thing since out of the 40+ hours I have not a single crash on the JP version.

It was a bizarre crash. I entered a Plans dungeon I just created and an enemy attacked me. I think it glitched because I swung my sword at it quickly as it attacked me so I could get the first hit in battle. I'm thinking the game couldn't differentiate who hit who first (I'm making huge assumptions here). Anyways the screen went into that transition into battle screen where it starts to swirl. But instead of initiating the battle it just hung there. The screen kept swirling and it was like an acid trip as all the colors started melting. And it never started the battle.

Basically it crashed when trying to transition into the battle. I'm pretty sure it's super rare. I haven't heard of anyone else having problems. And I put 10 hours in with no issues. But yeah, the one time I put 5 hours in straight without saving I get a crash. :(

Parakeetman

It was a bizarre crash. I entered a DLC dungeon and an enemy attacked me. I think it glitched because I swung my sword at it quickly as it attacked me so I could get the first hit in battle. I'm thinking the game couldn't differentiate who hit who first (I'm making huge assumptions here). Anyways the screen went into that transition into battle screen where it starts to swirl. But instead of initiating the battle it just hung there. The screen kept swirling and it was like an acid trip as all the colors started melting. And it never started the battle.

Basically it crashed when trying to transition into the battle. I'm pretty sure it's super rare. I haven't heard of anyone else having problems. And I put 10 hours in with no issues. But yeah, the one time I put 5 hours in without saving I get a crash. :(

Man that is weird.

The only things I really notice about the Vita is that the OG version is a lot more stable than the newer slim series. Which has all sorts of weird issues.

Mononoke

Banned
Man that is weird.

The only things I really notice about the Vita is that the OG version is a lot more stable than the newer slim series. Which has all sorts of weird issues.

Yeah I'm on a slim too. :/

I should have taken a picture it looked crazy. At one point during the swirling the screen was upside down. So nep looked like she was walking on the ceiling. Shit was crazy.

Parakeetman

Yeah I'm on a slim too. :/

I should have taken a picture it looked crazy. At one point during the swirling the screen was upside down. So nep looked like she was walking on the ceiling. Shit was crazy.

Man that is weird since Im mostly lv crazy with the title doing the higher level dungeons so I was constantly in battles all the time and not once has something like that occurred. Really weird. D:

My slim has issues with coming out of sleep mode at times or things like buttons not responding, touch screen not responding etc. All which seem to stem from the sleep mode.

No idea why thought.

But the OG never had those issues. I could switch back but the weight diff matters also battery capacity.

SerTapTap

Was there a bad batch of Slims or something? That's not encouraging...weight and battery aren't a big issue for me

Edit:
ohshit I just realized, Peashy is just using Nepgear's VA! ...and quotes sometimes. She just said Formula Edge instead of a normal attack quote. The hell? I also noticed one of Compa's jump quotes seems to still be in Japanese

Double edit:

Oh nooooo an enemy dropped a cosmetic item...are there a lot of these? Not available in stores? I have to have them allllll

KDR_11k

So the "Battle Entry" DLCs are characters? The description on the store is horrible babblefish German so I can't tell what they're trying to sell, it sounds like they're just extra cutscenes.

TUSR

Banned
My local EB games has Muramasa Rebirth, and Neptunia PP sitting around on the bottom of the Vita rack. Under $20 a piece, should I snag them?

Wynnebeck

Banned
Looked around Gamestop after my shift and noticed game was out and bought the only copy in the store. Gonna play it later tonight.

I...really don't know what's happening to me, but I'm thinking about buying this. I like JRPGs, I like animes, satire, humor, etc. I don't mind fanservice, also. Would I be able to like this game? This would be the first time that I tried a game of this series, never tried before because of the protagonists. But I'm willing to give them a chance now, don't know why but I'm in the mood for that. Is there something that might turn me off? Already read some comments, 30-60h would be perfect, I want some more long JRPGs.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I...really don't know what's happening to me, but I'm thinking about buying this. I like JRPGs, I like animes, satire, humor, etc. I don't mind fanservice, also. Would I be able to like this game? This would be the first time that I tried a game of this series, never tried before because of the protagonists. But I'm willing to give them a chance now, don't know why but I'm in the mood for that. Is there something that might turn me off? Already read some comments, 30-60h would be perfect, I want some more long JRPGs.
Difficulty spikes, so be prepared to grind levels at times. There may be some things within the Plan system in this that may alleviate some.

Difficulty spikes, so be prepared to grind levels at times. There may be some things within the Plan system in this that may alleviate some.

You just spoke music to my ears. People might kill me after I say this, but I love grinding. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

So are there any other scenes like the one in the beginning where the Goddesses were battling each other? I noticed it didn't have any subtitles (even though it was all just generic battles shouts) but I'm really not liking the dub voices here... If I don't have to worry about those kinds of scenes this'll probably end up being the first game I ever switch to JP audio over the dub.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Holy god I'm at Chapter 3
Fake Green Heart fight. How do I beat her? Do I just need to stay a live as long as possible and something triggers? Because I can't do any damage to her. And she's one shot killing me. Am I supposed to allow my entire party to die, so it will trigger something? As of now, I'm wasting potions keeping my team alive. But it seems like an impossible battle. I'm level 35 for the record.

EDIT: okay, so I'm supposed to lose this battle. I always have trouble knowing when I'm supposed to lose in certain games. I'm always paranoid I'm under powered or something. Bleh. Wasted so many potions.

I'm glad I read this. I hate when RPGs do this. You burn through every item you have trying to win, and it's not possible.

Man, that chapter 2 final boss. Need to do a bit of grindin'!

Dude, you're not kidding. I first attempted it at level 9 and lost immediately. Grinded to 13 and still just squeaked by.

Has anyone tried the paid DLC? The free stuff was nice, but I'm wondering if the level expansions or the battle packs are worth it.

Parakeetman

My local EB games has Muramasa Rebirth, and Neptunia PP sitting around on the bottom of the Vita rack. Under $20 a piece, should I snag them?

PP is pretty bad... Unless you are a collector of the series or something.

Muramasa yes

Top Bottom