• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I cannot decide(damn) !!

I'm about to run off to the nearest burb and mall and lay down some smackeroos on a new game. The primary contenders for my purchase dollars are: Fable. Sly 2, Gradius V.
The thing is I can only get one of them today, and I'd just assume grab all three and want each about equally. I can't decide.

impirius

just assume -> just as soon

I'd go with Gradius... it's value priced, right? I just rented Fable, and it's dragging for me so far.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Out of those three, I've only played Gradius V...
...but with that said, I'd say go for Gradius V. It's obviously better than the other two. ;)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm a huge fan of the first Sly game, but I'm sure glad I didn't buy it new. It just didn't have any length to it, as the second one probably doesn't either. I would pick up Fable and wait for Sly to drop in price or buy it used at Blockbuster in two months. Cause we all know that Sly is not gonna fly off shelves.

Chittagong

Gold Member
That's a tough call. I'm very intrigued by the concept of Fable and want to see if it's well executed, but then again, you can't beat Treasure love. I'd probably pick up Fable now and wait Gradius V to hit bargain bins soon, as it's too cool for the Driver 3 masses.

EDIT: I forgot price is not a factor for Gradius V in the US. You lucky bastards. It's close to 50 USD in Europe.

Spike

Go for Gradius V.

Sly 2 and Fable will be readily available and will more than likely hit Greatest/Platinum Hits status. Gradius V most likely won't and might not be available in large quantities.

B'z-chan

Banned
Buy Sly 2 and Gradius V cause they both deserve your support Fable will sell enough copies on its own. But Sly and Gradius need your support.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I thought the first Sly was pretty boring, never played 2... Fable looks interesting, but flawed. Gradius V is one of the best games I've had the pleasure of playing. The flaws it has are so insignifigant as to be laughable (unless you're a hardcore fan of the series). The control is TIGHT (make sure you play on Type 2), the graphics and music are great, and the game is $30.

Top Bottom