• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I do believe that Guild Wars has the best art in a game ever.

Gattsu25

Banned
Pedigree Chum said:
Magnacarta says otherwise...

MagnaCarta_Login_V10_Small.png

Anal Sex is always welcome in RPGs

Takuan

I was just fiddling around with GW for a few minutes. The game runs pretty well on my Ti4200, I'm surprised. It looks good, too, though AA is disabled for obvious reasons. And check it out, Adriana Lima's a playable character - maybe Dresnch will want to buy this.

gw002.jpg

I'm was even more surprised to see how tiny a download the game was. I think the game downloads areas before you enter them then caches them to a file. It's pretty neat how it works, I was expecting to download a huge 1+GB client but I was able to play only a few minutes after running the tiny 67kB setup file. I don't know how they did it, but it works and it's great.

Edit: Did some more tinkering. Different faces/hairstyles for different classes rocks. Some of them are really well done, too.

I don't know about how it plays - so far it doesn't seem like anything special - but the game's presentation is gorgeous. I'll have to play this more tomorrow.

Edit 2: OR NOT. Apparently the World Preview is over and I can't play at all anymore. Oh well, it was a good, if brief, taste of the GW universe.

RoboCurse

Well, I played this game for a little while... did all the missions, even the secret missions, the pvp mission, spent a bit of time in the arena, my friend found a killer combo, we survived 25 rounds in a row so I think we beat the game. My main complaint about this game is that it was really hard to get the equipment for anything other than a warrior which we managed to get a full suit of dragon armor fairly easy with only an hour of farming. After a day I felt myself hating the repetitiveness and yeah it looks good but after seeing the same area about 500 times I got tired of it, they should have mixed up the pvp areas, have different layouts instead of just a basic circle and a small inner area, they could have had more variety I dunno, I guess that's what you get from ex-diablo makers, since Diablo is all about the repetition. I doubt I will play it much even with the supposed never-pay-a-monthly fee bit with WoW and its much much much better PvP system(even at the half implemented state it is in).

All in all, way too simple for my tastes.

Top Bottom