• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I heard the funniest thing at EB today.

I was at EB just browsing, when a women comes up and asks "Do you have Sockem II?" Me and the employees were doing our best not to laugh. Once she got Sockem II she left and we started dying laughing.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Synbios459 said:
I was at EB just browsing, when a women comes up and asks "Do you have Sockem II?" Me and the employees were doing our best not to laugh. Once she got Sockem II she left and we started dieing laughing.

There used to be a guy that worked at the Gamestop near me that did the same thing. Not exactly "hilarious" though. :p

pops619

Wario64 said:
The funniest thing I heard today at EB was the sound of a knocked magazine rack

Now THAT is funny. That will never get old.

The original topic? Uh... not really that funny.

Joe

1201_comiciron.jpg

a lot of people here remind me of him.

Matlock

Banned
HAHA, SHE MISPRONOUNCED AN ABBREVATION SHE PROBABLY NEVER SAW BEFORE.

Seriously, though, you guys need some better entertainment if this is the funniest thing ever for you.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah thats like the time someones mum said to me, whats this booble booble game?

I said HA BITCH ITS BUBBLE BOBBLE OWNED!!

Me and this other DUDE high fived each other so hard. Stupid mums don't they know all about video games or something.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
How about
Soakem
Neverwinter Nights: Whores of the Underdark
Secret Asian Barbie
Luigi's Bathroom

Just to name a few of the games customers come in looking for

Synbios459 said:
I was at EB just browsing, when a women comes up and asks "Do you have Sockem II?" Me and the employees were doing our best not to laugh. Once she got Sockem II she left and we started dieing laughing.

So, wait. Why would you laugh if you were dying?

Yossarian

Matlock said:
HAHA, SHE MISPRONOUNCED AN ABBREVATION SHE PROBABLY NEVER SAW BEFORE.
I feel really stupid. I didn't realize it- I thought that the game "Sock'em II" just must've been shitty.

I am stupid.

MC Safety

I had a roommate in college who used to tell these long and pointless stories. Because he couldn't quite grasp the concept of "humor," he'd end these horrible tales with, "and I was rolling." That meant the story was somehow funny.

So. Mel. In your honor. I was rolling.

Belfast

Not funny, but it can be kind of annoying. My parents, especially my dad, does this a lot. And I'm not talking about video games, I'm talking about anything in general. I know my parents are getting older and maybe that's part of the problem, but it shouldn't be too hard to read a name properly once in awhile.

Oh, I laughed because I thought she was looking for a game based on Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots.

You guys shouldn't have clarified that for me, because I honestly almost laughed to the point of tears.

ohamsie

My dad pronounced Pikachu as kink-a chew. I don't even remember why he was talking about pokemon, I was never really into them.

aparisi2274

Synbios459 said:

Oh yeah I got a better one. I was at my EB today hanging out with my friends that work there, and this kid comes in and asks if they are hiring. Now this kid is 14 years old, and u have to be 18 to work for EB. So here is the exact conversation:

<kid> Hey are you guys hiring?
<mgr> you have to be 18 to work here
<kid> Oh, i am 18. Spiritually that is!
<mgr> ummm k

I looked at him, and he looked at me, and man we just started laughing in this kids face. I actaully told the kid that was best line ever. Oh man it was funny

cvxfreak

This is why the English language sucks.

SOCOM. Both of the O's are written exactly the same but pronounced differently.

Laughter. L-A-U-G-H-T-E-R. In the perfect world it'd be spelled "lafter" but it isn't. And then there's "Manslaughter." And it isn't "Man's Laughter".

ENGLISH SUCKS GO LEARN SPANISH

Jak140

aparisi2274 said:
Oh yeah I got a better one. I was at my EB today hanging out with my friends that work there, and this kid comes in and asks if they are hiring. Now this kid is 14 years old, and u have to be 18 to work for EB. So here is the exact conversation:

<kid> Hey are you guys hiring?
<mgr> you have to be 18 to work here
<kid> Oh, i am 18. Spiritually that is!
<mgr> ummm k

I looked at him, and he looked at me, and man we just started laughing in this kids face. I actaully told the kid that was best line ever. Oh man it was funny
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Scarring a kid for life is funny!

I was working a few weeks ago, and this kid (about 19-20 years old) was browsing the X-Box section asking me about games, and says to me, "How about theff, did you hear anything good about it? I heard it was pretty cool." Having never heard of the game, I became interested and walked over to the kid. He was holding the box to Thief: Deadly Shadows. I didn't correct him because it would've been too awkward. Part of me wanted to call the guy a moron, but I just felt bad for the guy and gave him a whole bunch of free promotional crap before he left.

Hmmm...not very funny, but I remember when Mortal Kombat Trilogy was released and I had 2 outta 5 customers asking if Mortal Kombat Technologies was available for sale.

AniHawk

Similar thing happened with me.

This kid was asking the EB guy if they had any game called Kites of the Old Republic. So I went over to him and kicked him in the balls.

Synbios459 said:

Honestly, that's not bad at all. I used to work at EB, and IÕve heard MUCH MUCH worse.

Like "When is Mario coming to the PS2?" or "what's new about this years Madden?"

The absolute dumbest customer I ever got, was this one kid (around 17, and obviously played games) who came in and wanted to trade in some sports game. The game was going to get him $17, and he asked if he could look around and see if there was something he wanted. I told him yes. After looking for about 15 minutes, he comes up to the counter and says he couldn't find anything he wanted. So I asked if he wanted to trade it in for store credit. He asked how long it would last for, and I said "indefinitely". So, he agrees, and I ring up the game, and hand him the card....

Me: "Ok, here's your credit. You've got $17 on the card. Have a nice day"

*I then take the game off the counter and put it behind the counter*

*He continues to stand there, looking at me*

Me: "Um, is there something else you wanted?"

Him: "Yes, I need my game back."

Me: "Wait....what?"

Him: "My game, I need it so I can leave"

Me: "Bro, you traded it in for store credit. Don't you remember?"

Him: "Ah no man, I want my game back, forget the credit then"

*I stare at him blankly, not believing that someone could be this completely stupid*

Me: "Come'on, are you serious?"

Him: "Yeah, I want my game"

Me: "So wait a minute....you thought we were just gonna give you money.....FOR FREE...simply because you happened to own A game?" You're kidding me, right?"

Him: "You didn't explain it well"

Me: "WHAT'S TO EXPLAIN!? You give us a game, we give you store credit. It ain't rocket science."

I then proceed to take the card back, and void the purchase, all the while heckling him, causing the other customers to laugh at his stupidity. What a freakin dumbass.

Magnus

My big beef is when people come in with acronyms that they assume everyone's been using. Homam (pronounced, 'hoe-mamm' -- heroes of might and magic), thug (actually pronounced like the word 'thug'), and 'pgr' are the biggest offenders. I actually had another customer ask for "Pee-oh-pee, tee-sott"...guess what he was after, and tell me you wouldn't smack him too.

My even bigger beef is when retards ask for Final Fantasy "Ex" or "Ex-two". It's X. You can't have an opinion about this. It's just wrong if you say "Ex". It's ten, end of discussion. I refuse to get it for them until they agree when I reply, "you mean FF ten?" I literally also had someone ask just yesterday for, and I quote, "Final Fantasy Ex-one", after which he explained he meant "the online one". I should've hung up on the bastard.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
CVXFREAK said:
Anyone here ever get "PokeMan"? Or "Takken 4"? Or "Genma Omusha?"

My mom calls them PokeMan. I can't seem to really care enough to correct her..then again she hasn't said that since Christmas '99 when I asked for Pokemon Yellow.

I've heard people call it OMImusha.

AniHawk

My dad called them Pokeyman for a while. He also frequently called my DC a Playstation and the PS2 "the Nintendo."

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
CVXFREAK said:
Anyone here ever get "PokeMan"? Or "Takken 4"? Or "Genma Omusha?"
I've been asked for ONIMOOSHMOOSH.

A preliminary fuck you to anyone whose offended by this. I've also been asked for that "Niggah" game by two extremely ghetto white children (I do not kid, remember I live in Miami). When they asked it from me I thought I heard wrong and I asked them to repeat it. He says "you know MAN, that niggah game." I explained to him that I didn't know what game he meant, he just told me that it was that game where that "niggah" goes around and steals everything. OF COURSE THEY WERE LOOKING FOR GRAND THEFT AUTO 3.

AniHawk

TekunoRobby said:
I've been asked for ONIMOOSHMOOSH.

A preliminary fuck you to anyone whose offended by this. I've also been asked for that "Niggah" game by two extremely ghetto white children (I do not kid, remember I live in Miami). When they asked it from me I thought I heard wrong and I asked them to repeat it. He says "you know MAN, that niggah game." I explained to him that I didn't know what game he meant, he just told me that it was that game where that "niggah" goes around and steals everything. OF COURSE THEY WERE LOOKING FOR GRAND THEFT AUTO 3.

Do they give employees guns?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
AniHawk said:
My dad called them Pokeyman for a while. He also frequently called my DC a Playstation and the PS2 "the Nintendo."

Yeah, it took a few years for my parents to get out of the habit of calling every system a Nintendo. I guess I talked about the all the different systems so damn much that it engraved it in their brain that Nintendo is just a company...not a synonym for video game console.

Deg

Banned
Magnus said:
My big beef is when people come in with acronyms that they assume everyone's been using. Homam (pronounced, 'hoe-mamm' -- heroes of might and magic), thug (actually pronounced like the word 'thug'), and 'pgr' are the biggest offenders. I actually had another customer ask for "Pee-oh-pee, tee-sott"...guess what he was after, and tell me you wouldn't smack him too.

My even bigger beef is when retards ask for Final Fantasy "Ex" or "Ex-two". It's X. You can't have an opinion about this. It's just wrong if you say "Ex". It's ten, end of discussion. I refuse to get it for them until they agree when I reply, "you mean FF ten?" I literally also had someone ask just yesterday for, and I quote, "Final Fantasy Ex-one", after which he explained he meant "the online one". I should've hung up on the bastard.

EB attarcts people like that. Thanks to the way they work with customers.

catfish said:
Yeah thats like the time someones mum said to me, whats this booble booble game?

I said HA BITCH ITS BUBBLE BOBBLE OWNED!!

Me and this other DUDE high fived each other so hard. Stupid mums don't they know all about video games or something.
ROFL

Ronabo

LOL

This all reminds me when this little old lady came in the store looking for the game "Niffletookie"

I looked at here puzzled for a minute and asked what system the game was for and if she knew what kind of game it was.

She replied football. I gathered myself and figured it out.

She wanted Sega's NFL2K1 for Dreamcast.

To this day I refer to the new version of Sega's football as Niffletookie.

I heard once, at EB, from an EMPLOYEE, that Sega was owned by Nintendo, that Sony made the Xbox and that a Xbox was better for younger children than the GC. It's not always customer you know? :p

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It can be rather funny to witness a parent inquire about a specific game...

"Excuse me, but would you happen to have a copy of Smackdown Shut Your Mouth in stock?"

Top Bottom