• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I heard the funniest thing at EB today.

Rlan

Magnus said:
My big beef is when people come in with acronyms that they assume everyone's been using. Homam (pronounced, 'hoe-mamm' -- heroes of might and magic), thug (actually pronounced like the word 'thug'), and 'pgr' are the biggest offenders. I actually had another customer ask for "Pee-oh-pee, tee-sott"...guess what he was after, and tell me you wouldn't smack him too.

My even bigger beef is when retards ask for Final Fantasy "Ex" or "Ex-two". It's X. You can't have an opinion about this. It's just wrong if you say "Ex". It's ten, end of discussion. I refuse to get it for them until they agree when I reply, "you mean FF ten?" I literally also had someone ask just yesterday for, and I quote, "Final Fantasy Ex-one", after which he explained he meant "the online one". I should've hung up on the bastard.

To be honest, saying "Final Fantasy ten-two" sounds worse than Ex-2.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Overheard from EB employees themselves:

- DOA Volleyball is coming to the PS2 this October. It was written on their release board. When I tried to point this out as being wrong, they got irritated and told me they knew it was true.
- The Playstation 2 will eventually receive a version of Pokemon Stadium.
- Nintendo is going/has gone out of business (easily the most popular one).
- Sony and Microsoft are teaming up to release a system next generation.
- The PS2 will not be receiving any more price drops (this was stated approximately two weeks before a price drop -- which was common knowledge around here -- actually occurred).

And that's just a few. Of course, when I applied numerous times for a job there, I was turned down, probably by some asshole who thinks that Microsoft's Game Boy DS will be coming out in August.

thomaser

I always enjoy it when a new Donkey Kong-game comes out. "Honkey Donk" is widely used. We also get "Donkey Dong", "Honkey Dong", "Dong Hong", "Hong Dong", "Tinkey Tong" and, of course, "King Kong".

I was at EB once, and a parent was infuriated that Sony didn't put a 3.5" floppy disk drive on the ps2 to save games on it. :|

TaleSynz said:
Pokemon was the most mis pronounced word ever. And the Pokemon's names where slaughtered even more.

except for Likitung...or however you spell it. They always got that one right.

I remember my mother-in-law cracking up after she found out that a "pokemon" was named "likitung". too much poking and licking going on, she said.

and no, she didn't dieing laughing.

Top Bottom