• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just removed my card from playstation store

keraj37

Contacted PSN to add his card back to his account
Never to pay a dime in PS store, not even if they shove me on golden plate TLOU3 Supreme Edition for $0.20, I say no.
Just removed my card details, to be sure, I never get charged accidentally or whatnot.

I bought multiple times one add-on, and tried to get refund any way possible, including calling phone number, waiting in online queue etc.
Nothing worked.
And honestly, it all feels like it is design on purpose. No way hi-tech company like Sony cannot get its support in order, or its shop.
I was duped into buying the add-on multiple times, since the shop was so uninformative and not intuitive.
I could describe really in funny way the last statement, how badly designed is the store UI, but I will spare you.

Don't get me wrong, I am going to continue playing my PS5 and PSVR2, but this time 100% physical.
If it isn't on disk, it doesn't exist to me.
I was recently considering buying Horizon Call of the Mountain digital, since there is no physical release (and I was 99% physical), but last experience with Sony support, cured me of this thought.
Unless the H:COTM is released physical, I am never to play it, since I don't want to have anything to do, potentially, with Sony support in the future.

King Dazzar

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

ManaByte

I bought multiple times one add-on, and tried to get refund any way possible, including calling phone number, waiting in online queue etc.
Nothing worked.
And honestly, it all feels like it is design on purpose. No way hi-tech company like Sony cannot get its support in order, or its shop.
I was duped into buying the add-on multiple times, since the shop was so uninformative and not intuitive.
I could describe really in funny way the last statement, how badly designed is the store UI, but I will spare you.

So because you didn’t understand how the store worked you chose violence.

Pedro Motta

Never to pay a dime in PS store, not even if they shove me on golden plate TLOU3 Supreme Edition for $0.20, I say no.
Just removed my card details, to be sure, I never get charged accidentally or whatnot.

Nothing worked.

Don't get me wrong, I am going to continue playing my PS5 and PSVR2, but this time 100% physical.
I was recently considering buying Horizon Call of the Mountain digital, since there is no physical release (and I was 99% physical), but last experience with Sony support, cured me of this thought.
Unless the H:COTM is released physical, I am never to play it, since I don't want to have anything to do, potentially, with Sony support in the future.
scalia GIF

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Nothing worked.
They pretty much have the worst customer service of any platform holder. Nintendo doesn't offer anything in the way of refunds either that I'm aware of, but I had good customer service experiences calling them for an account issue. Sony I had some of the most horrible experiences in all customer service, of any product. I don't really get why that is the case, but I think they outsource all of it and I agree that it's surely done on purpose
This is definitely an issue with their store design. It's a simple fix. There's oftentimes a lot of bundles listed now on all the stores, and I buy so many games I actually find myself confused on what I own more times than you would think. I'll see a Dishonored bundle at some crazy price and not be sure if I own it since it lists it to buy. On Xbox, one really simple thing that's nice is any bundle on the store has a category if you just scroll down twice that shows the individual listing of everything in the bundle. I've hovered over multiple bundles in the past and been curious about it, scroll down and it turns out I own every item in it already even though the bundles get listed as a separate SKU. On PS I believe you can't easily check that so I don't blame you there. It's not a great store design.

Last edited:

nowhat

Sony will NEVER refund you for anything unless it's going to cause a class action lawsuit against them like Cyberpunk 2077.
For the umpteenth time - it was never Sony who said everyone can get a refund. It was CDPR. Sony obliged, but also delisted the game, because, they don't do refunds.

Now, should Sony's refund policy be more lenient? Of course. But the whole CP2077 debacle, that was all on CDPR and it annoys me that people still get this wrong.

Nothing worked.

I can relate to the sentiment. I've thought similar things. But If you limit yourself to physical only, your PSVR2 is going to be lacking a lot of its library. I couldn't do it.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
OP: Buy PSN credit with gift cards/top-ups and you can purchase any non-physical titles you want.
It still wouldn't really solve the issue of store design or getting duped with how its listed.

What you have to do if you don't know if you own part or all of a bundle that's still listed as something you don't own is just wishlist things only. Then literally go back through your library and search to see what you have manually, then go back to the store. Not the most frictionless experience.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm having a Pepsi while I'm waiting for my order, a crunchy chicken burguer with some fries.

Also, dunno about the PS5 store, but the one on the PS4 sucked monkey balls. Shit was slow as hell and badly organized with a shitty UI.

In any case, console-bros should stick to physical, your purchases are more valuable that way.

Topher

Gold Member

feynoob

Banned
You buy disc version for PS games, if you don't like their refund policy.

I recently bought steam games with my credit card. Worst mistake. Got charged extra 15$ for currency exchange. Like wtf. PayPal would have been better than this crap.

Just buy physical version for those games.

nikos

Yeah, fuck their policies.

I was on PSN from day one. PS2 Network Adapter days. I subscribed to everything they made available, even QORE, and bought a shit ton of digital content over the years.

Asked for one refund in 2019 and was denied. Felt like a slap in the face. Haven't bought much from them since. Also got rid of my PS5 because this is their weakest generation, and the gap to PC has become astronomical, but that's another conversation.

nikos

No, they are not.

aJVM0yt.png

I've asked Nintendo for one refund and they granted it. Their customer support is also infinitely better than Sony's.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Thanks for sharing!

Also
You're just punishing yourself here. You're still giving Sony your money, just at greater inconvenience to you lol.

soulbait

So glad you told this. I was really wondering if you were going to go through with it.

I hope Sony will be alright.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom