• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just removed my card from playstation store

The Rock Clapping GIF

My son purchased an item before I had a password enabled and I was able to reverse the charge with ease. No questions asked basically.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Yeah Sony refund policy is so strict, they hold on to your money so tightly they're like an anaconda that haven't eat for a week, finally finding a small wild boar.

Steve Irwin Snakes GIF by Bustle

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

reinking

Gold Member
OP, if you will post your CC number, expiration date and security code here I will give a shot and see if I can get this fixed for you. Please approve all charges if the bank calls. I will need those to go through to test things in my end.

:messenger_winking_tongue:

If it isn't on disk, it doesn't exist to me.
I'm with you brother. I got severely burned by Nintendo for buying digital 3DS games. Then again when I fell for the Baldur's Gate 3 hype. Never again.

There are more than enough physical games to play that currently exist, let alone will be released in the future. You can't play everything. No one needs to play Alan Wake 2 or Hellblade or whatever else that refuses to press a $2 disc.

Mr Hyde

I got refunded when I accidentally bought a year of PS Now instead of PS Plus. They had those side by side and I didn't really check, it was kinda confusing, but when I mailed them they offered a refund so I could switch. But outside of that I haven't really been in touch with their customer service. Never had a reason to. When it's about games I don't think they're refunding anything.

Aenima

Sony will NEVER refund you for anything unless it's going to cause a class action lawsuit against them like Cyberpunk 2077.
Thats not true. They have a refund policy, but when you download a game or dlc you lose the right of the refund, unless the game is broken like what happened with Cyberpunk. If you buy something and dont download it, you have 14 days to ask for a refund no questions asked.

laynelane

some add-ons, such as for live service games, let you buy them multiple times

but they still have a confirmation screen so I have no idea how the OP missed the fact he had already successfully purchased it, even if he wasn’t sure you can always check your purchase history

My experience has always been that if I already own something, if I click the link, there's no price - only a download option. I didn't realize it was different now and will definitely be paying more attention.

graywolf323

My experience has always been that if I already own something, if I click the link, there's no price - only a download option. I didn't realize it was different now and will definitely be paying more attention.
I mean it’s things like point packs and what not for GAAS games, after all Ubisoft and others don’t want you to only be able to buy a pack of currency once

bender

What time is it?
May I ask which add-on? Out of morbid curiosity, do you have the option to buy it for a 3rd time?

Sony's customer service is dog water. Nintendo doesn't have the best policies (at least they allow you to cancel pre-order now which puts them far ahead of what Sony offers which requires you talk to CS) but at least you can speak to a human being that doesn't sound outsourced and generally try to help you.

laynelane

I'm having a Pepsi while I'm waiting for my order, a crunchy chicken burguer with some fries.

Also, dunno about the PS5 store, but the one on the PS4 sucked monkey balls. Shit was slow as hell and badly organized with a shitty UI.

In any case, console-bros should stick to physical, your purchases are more valuable that way.

You save money too with physical. My optical drive is not working right now so I looked up Persona 3 Reloaded and SMT V on the PS store- P3 physical is over $30 less and SMT V is $10 less. And that's with P3 being on sale on the PSN store right now. I get that there's the convenience factor of just downloading a game and playing, but those prices ensure I'll keep choosing physical game purchases.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally always use PSN pre-paid cards...I never once give my credit card to Sony or Nintendo
511L53rT8DL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Humdinger

I agree that Sony customer service sucks. The one time I called them, I was on hold for over half an hour, just to cancel a preorder.

I don't know about the rest of that diatribe.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Same but the store let's you purchase the same add-on multiple times, this wouldn't protect you.
I never once been in a situation I would buy same add on multiple times but even so when I go PSN store it said I already "purchased" the add on and no longer have the option to buy it.

Also the reason I dont put my credit card information because Sony got hacked multiple times, especially during PS3 era, I never could trust them.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I never once been in a situation I would buy same add on multiple times but even so when I go PSN store it said I already "purchased" the add on and no longer have the option to buy it.

I've seen an add-on being able to be purchased multiple times either which is why I asked the OP. Someone mentioned live service games having this option.

I just use cards because you can often find them on sale.

Danjin44

I've seen an add-on being able to be purchased multiple times either which is why I asked the OP. Someone mentioned live service games having this option.

I just use cards because you can often find them on sale.
I think thats because they are from different version? Like when the game has both PS4 and PS5 version.

K' Dash

I had to pay $10 to fix a corrupted save file, I fucking despise how Sony manages their online infrastructure, it is complete shit, they should let us know the architect who built that thing so we can point and laugh at personified incompetence.

People give shit to Nintendo, but at least they don’t have shit that half works.

The most amazing thing is that architecture is shit since the PS3 they have had almost 20 years to fix it and their incompetence won’t let them.

Never to pay a dime in PS store, not even if they shove me on golden plate TLOU3 Supreme Edition for $0.20, I say no.
Just removed my card details, to be sure, I never get charged accidentally or whatnot.

I bought multiple times one add-on, and tried to get refund any way possible, including calling phone number, waiting in online queue etc.
Nothing worked.
And honestly, it all feels like it is design on purpose. No way hi-tech company like Sony cannot get its support in order, or its shop.
I was duped into buying the add-on multiple times, since the shop was so uninformative and not intuitive.
I could describe really in funny way the last statement, how badly designed is the store UI, but I will spare you.

Don't get me wrong, I am going to continue playing my PS5 and PSVR2, but this time 100% physical.
If it isn't on disk, it doesn't exist to me.
I was recently considering buying Horizon Call of the Mountain digital, since there is no physical release (and I was 99% physical), but last experience with Sony support, cured me of this thought.
Unless the H:COTM is released physical, I am never to play it, since I don't want to have anything to do, potentially, with Sony support in the future.

This isn't an airport, no need to announce your departure.

PSYGN

How was Sony supposed to know that you didn't want to buy the same DLC 3 times to show support?! /s

But yeah, Japanese companies tend to have really overcomplicated UI/UX past the main menu. I don't think they were trying to employ any dark patterns, they just aren't great at it or care as much as western companies in general. That said, Sony might've outsourced the PS5 store UI stuff. And XMB is perfection.

Last edited:

ahtlas7

Gold Member
I got a refund twice from Sony. Trying to upgrade my Euro purchased PS4 version GOT to PS5 US store upgrade. Ultimately it’s not possible and that led to the refunds.

Then I deleted my cc and threw my PS5 in a wood chipper just to be safe.

Boss Man

You’d think that game companies desperate to get customers to go digital would not be actively hostile towards digital customers with high prices and shit customer service (yet), but at least we won’t be able to accuse them of pulling the rug.

xrnzaaas

I never linked my card, remembering Sony's security fuckups from the past. Only prepaid cards which work great.

Filben

I was on PSN from day one. PS2 Network Adapter days. I subscribed to everything they made available, even QORE, and bought a shit ton of digital content over the years.

Asked for one refund in 2019 and was denied.
That's the thing with companies you're the 23,450,460th user for. Loyality only matters in the very moment you pay and only on paper. You deal with a simple clerk on any support channel who isn't interested in your loyality history; they usually work within their protocol parameters.

It may be overused but it sill applies: companies aren't your friends and you should see any interaction with them as a business interaction free of emotion. If they don't provide you a good deal or you feel like they won't in the future you go to the next seller. For that reason it's good to have more than platform to play on.

midnightAI

Yes, YES, best news ever, this is up there with the lightbulb, the moon landing (stop it), the end of WW2, I don't think we'll ever see anything this momentous ever again, this is peek mankind.

excited everybody loves raymond GIF by TV Land

Aion002

Gold Member
Didn't expect that kind of feedback :)
I had to let it go of my chest, since I was day drinking today.
Still, not buying a bit in sony store.
Was it some in game currency, like Ultimate Team Points points or Genshin gems?

If it was... Unfortunately I don't think you can easily get a refund on those types of microtransactions.

Otherwise, try contacting them via the chat support today, you will probably get another representative and they might help you out. If you never asked for a refund before, chances are that they will help you out.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Funny how your issue is just 5 clicks on PC and it’s automated. Even the worst PC game launcher offer refunds with ease. It’s RIDICULOUS how platform holders operates in that regards. It’s seriously fucked up.

Top Bottom